Unintended consequences of Trump's war on the post office: veterans not getting their medicines on time

A lot of veterans receive their medicine via the post office. When Trump and his USPS chief buddy delayed mail in order to slow down mail ballots, they didn't think about the consequences.
Everything gets delayed and even many of good supporters will end up affected and pissed off:
Policy changes that slow delivery at the U.S. Postal Service are taking a toll on military veterans, who are reporting much longer wait times to receive mail-order prescription drugs, according to Democratic senators.

In a letter Friday, the 31 senators take aim at new Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a GOP fundraiser who took the post in June and has since imposed several operational changes that have led to mail backlogs across the United States. His cost-cutting measures have come as President Donald Trump rails against increases in mail-in voting and says he may hold up postal funding to impede the balloting in November.

Moron....the U.S. Postal Service has been in the red for decades.......long before Trump came along...you dumb ass..

A lot of veterans receive their medicine via the post office. When Trump and his USPS chief buddy delayed mail in order to slow down mail ballots, they didn't think about the consequences.
Everything gets delayed and even many of good supporters will end up affected and pissed off:
Policy changes that slow delivery at the U.S. Postal Service are taking a toll on military veterans, who are reporting much longer wait times to receive mail-order prescription drugs, according to Democratic senators.

In a letter Friday, the 31 senators take aim at new Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a GOP fundraiser who took the post in June and has since imposed several operational changes that have led to mail backlogs across the United States. His cost-cutting measures have come as President Donald Trump rails against increases in mail-in voting and says he may hold up postal funding to impede the balloting in November.

You're reaching now.....
You're reaching now.....
Derp...

Moron....the U.S. Postal Service has been in the red for decades.......long before Trump came along...you dumb ass..

he U.S. Postal Service lost more than $2 billion during the second quarter of the fiscal year, putting it on track to finish the current year more than $7 billion in the red—way worse than the nearly $4 billion in losses it posted last year.

In its quarterly fiscal report, published today, the Post Office reported small decreases in mail volume and overall revenue compared to the same quarter of 2018. Its big losses are driven by a sharp increase in expenses, primarily workers' compensation costs, pension liabilities, and payments for retirees' health benefits.

For the fiscal year that ended on September 30, 2018, the Postal Service recorded a then-record loss of $3.9 billion. At the time, Postmaster General Megan Brennan bluntly declared that the agency "cannot generate revenue or cut enough costs to pay our bills" and predicted that the agency would continue to post losses at "an accelerating rate."

After losing $1.5 billion in the first quarter of the current fiscal year, the Post Office has now lost $3.6 billion in just six months. That comes even after an increase in the cost of sending first-class mail. The cost of a stamp jumped 10 percent* on January 1, and other mailing services increased by 2.5 percent on average. The agency predicted that those changes would increase revenue by $1.7 billion—but expenses have been outpacing revenues by a wide margin.

It's not exactly news that personnel costs are driving the Postal Service's financial problems.

The agency has $100 billion in unfunded pension liabilities and "no clear path to profitability," according to a White House assessment report released last year.

The Post Office has lost $69 billion since 2007,

and it probably would have gone bankrupt long ago if it were a private entity—FedEx and UPS certainly wouldn't exist today if they were posting annual losses of $4 billion. And they pay taxes, which the Postal Service does not.

screwing up elections by keeping people from voting is something all republicans are about these days. Trump says republicans cannot win if people are allowed to vote.

HA HA HA. Leftists will say anything. You got a source/link to the preposterous claim that >> "Trump says republicans cannot win if people are allowed to vote." Go ahead. Dredge something up from the fake news. Let's hear it, for a laugh.

Secondly, Democrats are the ones who are screwing up elections, by NOT keeping people from voting - illegal aliens, whose votes they need to win elections.
Trump Says GOP Would Never Win Again if Democrats’ Voting Provisions Made It into Stimulus Bill

Trump openly admitting if we made voting easier in America, Republicans wouldn’t win elections
Trump: “The things they had in there were crazy. They had levels of voting, that if you ever agreed to it you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.” pic.twitter.com/x5HmX6uogo
— Lis Power (@LisPower1) March 30, 2020
I understand he has requested his vote by mail ballot for an upcoming Florida election. Must work pretty good. Bet he votes early and mails early, with the damage done to the Postal Service under his watch.

Do you even know what the commies are trying to change re voting, in the stimulus bill? How about you explain it to everyone.

Did not even know the Communist party was working on a stimulus bill. Pretty sure the Democrats control the House of Representatives and the Republicans control the Senate. I didn't even know there were communists elected to office. Are you sure you are not just over stimulated? Maybe you are in the wrong country.

Perhaps you should try keeping up. I see you skipped right past the challenge I gave your comrade, how about you try explaining the voting changes the commies inserted in the stimulus.

How bout I don't? No Commies, no changes.

Didn't think you could, you commies are kept clueless by your masters.

The post office changes being made have been in the works for 10 years...you libs are being misled big time....
The post office changes being made have been in the works for 10 years...you libs are being misled big time....
you trumpers just say things like you know what your talking about. No proof, just a statement that means nothing.
Trump said he was interested in stopping mail in ballots because he thinks millions of democrats will print hem up,
Forge illegally, mail em in, etc etc.
Wisdom you bother to read the article.
Medicine mailed to veterans is late because of the trump policy
of defunding the post office.
He said it, in his news conference Thursday!

Moron....the post office was messing that up long before Trump got into office, you dumb shit.
they were?.....i worked there and very seldom heard of complaints about that....

Seems that when the British privatized their mail system things got much better.... Maybe we should begin to think about doing the same.....

We did, we call it UPS, and FedEx.........
they dont deliver the mail.....

5db2iffsy1h51.jpg

Did not even know the Communist party was working on a stimulus bill. Pretty sure the Democrats control the House of Representatives and the Republicans control the Senate. I didn't even know there were communists elected to office. Are you sure you are not just over stimulated? Maybe you are in the wrong country.
Democrats = Communists. Period. And no, they are NOT working on a stimulus bill. They are working to STOP any stimulus bill from being enacted, so that the economy can stay bad, at least up until the November election.

Democrats couldn't care less about people starving or being evicted. They have one goal - POWER.

it is pretty much the same everywhere as far as ballots to registered voters go........dont believe too much of this shit that is being said.....including from the so called union heads.....i myself will believe the people who actually touch the mail....
I DON'T believe them, and I don't believe what you're saying. I believe Mike Gallagher, and dozens of people who called in to his radio show. It's obvious, When population increases by 50 million, you get a massive increase in mail.

Democrats = Communists. Period. And no, they are NOT working on a stimulus bill. They are working to STOP any stimulus bill from being enacted, so that the economy can stay bad, at least up until the November election.

Democrats couldn't care less about people starving or being evicted. They have one goal - POWER.
In communist countries, citizens are given a place to live by the state. So being evicted is impossible.

it is pretty much the same everywhere as far as ballots to registered voters go........dont believe too much of this shit that is being said.....including from the so called union heads.....i myself will believe the people who actually touch the mail....
I DON'T believe them, and I don't believe what you're saying. I believe Mike Gallagher, and dozens of people who called in to his radio show. It's obvious, When population increases by 50 million, you get a massive increase in mail.
dont believe me, believe someone who is on the outside looking in.....the PO has handled millions of letters a day....they still have that infrastructure...and 50 million population happened over decades.....but keep on looking in and listening to the people with an agenda....me i have been there and know better,ballots wont be shit to handle....

dont believe me, believe someone who is on the outside looking in.....the PO has handled millions of letters a day....they still have that infrastructure...and 50 million population happened over decades.....but keep on looking in and listening to the people with an agenda....me i have been there and know better,ballots wont be shit to handle....
I've said all I need to say on this.

You're reaching now.....
Are you saying it's not true that veterans are getting their mail late?
Are you implying the the mail has EVER been reliably on time?

]
The morning of November 4, 2020, will tell us which one of us was right.
I suspect it won't do that. Democrats will have engaged in so much cheating, that we may be months unravelling the mess. We'll probably never know how many of their illegal aliens will have voted.

Forum List

Back