The party of small government strikes again

The legislation (Senate Bill 106/House Bill 35) would require most businesses to accept cash payments and prohibit them from charging a fee or placing conditions on accepting cash. They’d have to accept cash for “any transaction involving the purchase of any tangible good or any service.”

It would apply to any business operating at a fixed physical location, from a vehicle or other mobile space, or from temporary physical premises.

And it would cover transactions in which the customer is physically present at the place of business. It would not apply to sales that are not conducted in person, including phone, mail and online transactions.

The party of small government and more freedom is again attempting to tell business how they must operate and taking away their freedom to operate in their own best interest. And they are doing so with the help of the Dems who at least do not pretend to support either of those things.

The GOP is going crazy with rules for all.

Bullshit. These laws are about places that admit the public in to do business, and our legal tender is by law for all debts public and private.

This is something government SHOULD be involved in.

Yep, just like they should be involved in women's health, or women's murder as it often becomes.

Thank you for admitting that you have been hacked.

I have not been hacked, people that had some information about me were hacked.

please link to any reputable source that identifies the US dollar as a digital currency.

The whole world does. Every two weeks digital dollars are put into my bank account for both me and my wife. Once a month digital dollars are put into a different account for me. I use this to buy and pay bills, 99% of this digital money I will never see in paper form, yet it does everything that paper money could do. I go months without having any paper money on me.

For our trip to Panama I paid for our airline ticket, hotel and airport parking already with out ever seeing a single piece of paper money. The chances are the companies I paid it to will never transfer it to paper money.

The legislation (Senate Bill 106/House Bill 35) would require most businesses to accept cash payments and prohibit them from charging a fee or placing conditions on accepting cash. They’d have to accept cash for “any transaction involving the purchase of any tangible good or any service.”

It would apply to any business operating at a fixed physical location, from a vehicle or other mobile space, or from temporary physical premises.

And it would cover transactions in which the customer is physically present at the place of business. It would not apply to sales that are not conducted in person, including phone, mail and online transactions.

The party of small government and more freedom is again attempting to tell business how they must operate and taking away their freedom to operate in their own best interest. And they are doing so with the help of the Dems who at least do not pretend to support either of those things.

Silly little commie, it's an antidiscrimination bill. And I bet if their payment systems went down they'd take cash in a heartbeat.

1. Of course Rhnda wants to get rid of cashless businesses, you can't launder bribes and drug money on credit cards.
2. Goodbye UBER, LYFT, and all those food deliver guys.

So you approve of businesses discriminating against people who don't have bank accounts. GOT IT!
I don't "approve" of discrimination, but it's every persons right, regardless of whether they're doing business or not.

"We reserve the right to refuse service" was something Republicans used to have the balls to support. Now they just whine about discrimination!!!

I don't "approve" of discrimination, but it's every persons right, regardless of whether they're doing business or not.

"We reserve the right to refuse service" was something Republicans used to have the balls to support. Now they just whine about discrimination!!!

What do you fail to understand about "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private"? And it is discrimination, mostly against the poor.

Yes, that is what I meant. There is a doughnut shop close to where my office is that takes only cash, I found this out the hard way one day when I stopped to get some for my people.

If the Govt is going to force people to take cash then they equally should force them to take cards
/——/ That donut shop is a cash business which means a portion of the profits are not reported.
Bars and diners in New York work that way.

Many poor people don’t have cards to pay with. Once again Republicans are looking out for the little guy and Gator is butthurt.
More trolling than butthurt, but yes.

These businesses need to obey the law.

Funny how you are quick to shit on poor people because of your feeble attempt to score some political points on a message board, Vermin.
He combines the worst of the worst shitcons AND shitlibs; he's a special kind of special, as he'd be the first to tell you. :)

But yeah, how DARE Florida insist businesses obey the law! :eek:

Silly little commie, it's an antidiscrimination bill. And I bet if their payment systems went down they'd take cash in a heartbeat.

doubtful as they would have no way to offer change as they keep no cash in their business.

So, you’re for digitizing our currency….Big mistake.

So, you’re for digitizing our currency….Big mistake.

I am for businesses making their own fucking decisions. I get annoyed when I walk into a cash only business, but I do not sick the fucking Govt on them, I just go elsewhere.

But that would never occur to so many of you, if a business is doing something you do not like your first thought is "I need to get the Govt to stop this"

Forum List

Back