The party of small government strikes again

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

The legislation (Senate Bill 106/House Bill 35) would require most businesses to accept cash payments and prohibit them from charging a fee or placing conditions on accepting cash. They’d have to accept cash for “any transaction involving the purchase of any tangible good or any service.”

It would apply to any business operating at a fixed physical location, from a vehicle or other mobile space, or from temporary physical premises.

And it would cover transactions in which the customer is physically present at the place of business. It would not apply to sales that are not conducted in person, including phone, mail and online transactions.

The party of small government and more freedom is again attempting to tell business how they must operate and taking away their freedom to operate in their own best interest. And they are doing so with the help of the Dems who at least do not pretend to support either of those things.

The legislation (Senate Bill 106/House Bill 35) would require most businesses to accept cash payments and prohibit them from charging a fee or placing conditions on accepting cash. They’d have to accept cash for “any transaction involving the purchase of any tangible good or any service.”

It would apply to any business operating at a fixed physical location, from a vehicle or other mobile space, or from temporary physical premises.

And it would cover transactions in which the customer is physically present at the place of business. It would not apply to sales that are not conducted in person, including phone, mail and online transactions.

The party of small government and more freedom is again attempting to tell business how they must operate and taking away their freedom to operate in their own best interest. And they are doing so with the help of the Dems who at least do not pretend to support either of those things.

Once again the false equivalency of "wanting small government = wanting no government"

Since the currency is government issued and regulated, how is this an example of government overreach?

GolfingGator: Holding the right to impossible standards while letting the left mutilate and drug kids as long as he "Gets teh Trumpers" since 2020!

I think you're beating a dead horse here. I haven't heard a Republican talk about small government in ages.

There is a bill like this that has been reintroduced in the House, as well. It is Bipartisan.
There also laws like this in many states like NJ and Mass.
While I understand why they are doing it, it isnt any of their fucking business how a store conducts their business.
I still use cash for all in person purchases. Your privacy is at stake with debit cards and such.

There is a bill like this that has been reintroduced in the House, as well. It is Bipartisan.
While I understand why they are doing it, it isnt any of their fucking business how a store conducts their business.
I still use cash for all in person purchases. Your privacy is at stake with debit cards and such.

Most of these stores do it to block out the homeless and lower classes that don't have access to banking.

And if they are true Public Accommodations, they open themselves to regulation like this.

FACT

I cannot recall the last time I paid cash for anything. We are going to Panama next month and they are pretty much a cash only society so that will be a change for us.

Allowing a business choose how it gets paid does not equal "no government", only a big government loving fascist would make such a claim.

Bullshit. These laws are about places that admit the public in to do business, and our legal tender is by law for all debts public and private.

This is something government SHOULD be involved in.

Most of these stores do it to block out the homeless and lower classes that don't have access to banking.

No, they do it because it is cheaper and easier and takes away any chance of someone trying to rob them for their cash on hand.

I dont know the reasoning behind the bill

And if Golfing Gator knows he aint saying

You’d think a fence sitter who claims to be non partisan would at least consider both sides

I'm not seeing it,, what about this says big government?? sounds to me like its pro poor people,,

Bullshit. These laws are about places that admit the public in to do business, and our legal tender is by law for all debts public and private.

This is something government SHOULD be involved in.
Anyone who dares to open a business should have an appointed government minder, to make sure they're doing it right.

Forum List

Back