The party of Small Govt is at it again....in Florida this time

OSHA puts out national standards.

Do you think that Alaska and Florida need the same standards for this sort of thing?

Yep, that is the argument that the lobby used.

OSHA puts out the basics, States can follow or augment.

The Lobby is correct. I work in Construction, and standards have to be just that, standardized.

Variations for local conditions, but standardized.

OSHA's requirements for overall safety still cover heat issues. What happened is the locals decided to suck up to the construction unions and made the break requirements either far to accommodating, or designed to invite lawsuits to please the trial lawyers.

Start at sunup and off by 12noon in many outdoor cases. Been going on since forever. Nobody wants to spend 30 min going up and down off the roof hunting water. They want to get done before it is too HOT and get the heck out of there before Rush Hour Traffic//

So exactly how do you proved a roofer shade?

Put something like this on the ground for them to use.

1713295129546.png

A person must be drinking water consistently in high heat and humidity. On days when it's simply too dangerous adjust to earlier hours or don't have them work on those days. Missing a day or two is better than putting lives in danger.

If the people of the city voted for it, then yes. if the town council did it against the will of the the people could then react and remove the council and the ordinance. A single person can make a difference on a town level. At the town level the individual has power and influence. This is where the majority of governing should happen.
LOL Any other progressives agree with your 'interesting' definition of small gvt.?

LOL Any other progressives agree with your 'interesting' definition of small gvt.?

I have not met a one that does,

Do you not agree that all governing should be done at the smallest level possible to give the people the most impact on said governing?

I have not met a one that does.

Do you not agree that all governing should be done at the smallest level possible to give the people the most impact on said governing?
No. And what you're describing has nothing to so with small gvt. If you care, do a little research on 'starve the beast' or 'drown it in a bathtub'

Then we really have nothing to talk about.

You want governing done at the highest level, I want it done at the lowest.

That is a gap that will never be breached.

Have a great day

Then we really have nothing to talk about.

You want governing done at the highest level, I want it done at the lowest.
Nope.
That is a gap that will never be breached.
You do seem to have a closed mind as to those that have a different opinion. What you are describing is large, intrusive gvt. even if it's done at the local level. I support small gvt. so small you could drown it in the bathtub. Whether it's on the town level or the FEderal gvt. I'd love to see at least 50% of the Federal gvt. disappear tomorrow.
Have a great day
You too.

You do seem to have a closed mind as to those that have a different opinion

Yep, on this issue I sure do. Everything should be done at the lowest level possible.

If a city passes a new regulation a few hundred to a few thousand people are impacted.

The state passes the same thing millions upon million are.

Yep, on this issue I sure do. Everything should be done at the lowest level possible.

If a city passes a new regulation a few hundred to a few thousand people are impacted.

The state passes the same thing millions upon million are.
The town upstream should be able to dump their raw sewage in the river. Fuck the folks downstream, huh?

Nope, I did not. you are just a fucking moron that does not understand anything other than big government ruling all things

Smaller Govt is things being governed from the lowest level possible so that the people have the most power and influence.

OSHA puts out national standards.

Do you think that Alaska and Florida need the same standards for this sort of thing?

Yep, that is the argument that the lobby used.

If the people of the city voted for it, then yes. if the town council did it against the will of the the people could then react and remove the council and the ordinance. A single person can make a difference on a town level. At the town level the individual has power and influence. This is where the majority of governing should happen.
Okay, I think I’m starting to get it now…So you absolutely detest government intervention at the fed level but you love love love you some Father Government control at the city and state level?

Employees drinking water is never, ever, never, not ever, any business of the employer. Nobody can tell a worker when it's OK to drink water. If an employee drinks water every 15 minutes there's zero the employer can do.

Employees drinking water is never, ever, never, not ever, any business of the employer. Nobody can tell a worker when it's OK to drink water. If an employee drinks water every 15 minutes there's zero the employer can do.

Like Harpy Eagle I think you have spun this into something it never was old timer… My guys drink water all day throughout the day out of a canteen connected to their harness… they aren’t given anything called a “water break”.

The town upstream should be able to dump their raw sewage in the river. Fuck the folks downstream, huh?

Of course not. Not everything can be down to the town level, but anything that can should be. Doing that fucks the town down stream. Requiring water and shade in one town has no impact on the town down stream.

Okay, I think I’m starting to get it now…So you absolutely detest government intervention at the fed level but you love love love you some Father Government control at the city and state level?

Nope, you still do not even come close to getting it.

And you never will.

Of course not. Not everything can be down to the town level, but anything that can should be. Doing that fucks the town down stream. Requiring water and shade in one town has no impact on the town down stream.
LOL "Yep, on this issue I sure do. Everything should be done at the lowest level possible."

Got it. Everything should be done of the town level. Unless it shouldn't.

LOL "Yep, on this issue I sure do. Everything should be done at the lowest level possible."

Got it. Everything should be done of the town level. Unless it shouldn't.

Well yes, when it negatively impacts others, then that it when it should not. It is not really that complicated unless you are mindless drone trying to make a point...oh wait, that is what you are.

Forum List

Back