Good thing you don't live in Illinois

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
If you've struggling to make ends meet, smile, it could be worse. You smiled, and yes indeed it got worse.

A measure creating a task force to look into monthly guaranteed taxpayer-funded “unrestricted cash” subsidies to certain individuals in Illinois is being discussed in the state legislature.

The bill as filed would create the Illinois Guaranteed Income Law and establish a board within the Department of Human Services to evaluate the efficacy of the program, propose statewide policies and provide oversight. The board would review “the landscape of cash supports available to low-income residents” and identify “populations without significant access to cash supports.”

The bill as filed says after the board is dissolved at the end of 2027, DHS would administer the program with monthly cash payments of $1,000 to Illinois residents, regardless of immigration status, who provide care for a child or specified dependent, recently gave birth or adopted a child or is enrolled in an educational or vocational program.

Villivalam presented an amendment to his bill during a subject matter hearing in Chicago that would focus on creating the task force and would not prescribe a dollar amount for what the payment would be. He couldn't say how much his plan would cost taxpayers.

Pawar said the proposed statewide guaranteed program of “unrestricted cash” should be in addition to other taxpayer-funded safety net programs.

MSN

Problem being is that, outside of Shitcago, Illinois is nearly all (R) country.

They're going to drive the people that feed them out of business.
if that’s true then they should have the votes to not make this a reality

Problem being is that, outside of Shitcago, Illinois is nearly all (R) country.

They're going to drive the people that feed them out of business.
Defintely true, Illinois has 12 million people, and Cook County has half of that. We did have a Republican Governor, Bruce Rauner, that came in after Blago went to prison, but he was very unpopular and only lasted one term.

If you've struggling to make ends meet, smile, it could be worse. You smiled, and yes indeed it got worse.

A measure creating a task force to look into monthly guaranteed taxpayer-funded “unrestricted cash” subsidies to certain individuals in Illinois is being discussed in the state legislature.

The bill as filed would create the Illinois Guaranteed Income Law and establish a board within the Department of Human Services to evaluate the efficacy of the program, propose statewide policies and provide oversight. The board would review “the landscape of cash supports available to low-income residents” and identify “populations without significant access to cash supports.”

The bill as filed says after the board is dissolved at the end of 2027, DHS would administer the program with monthly cash payments of $1,000 to Illinois residents, regardless of immigration status, who provide care for a child or specified dependent, recently gave birth or adopted a child or is enrolled in an educational or vocational program.

Villivalam presented an amendment to his bill during a subject matter hearing in Chicago that would focus on creating the task force and would not prescribe a dollar amount for what the payment would be. He couldn't say how much his plan would cost taxpayers.

Pawar said the proposed statewide guaranteed program of “unrestricted cash” should be in addition to other taxpayer-funded safety net programs.

MSN

I live in Illinois, how does this harm me?

I live in Illinois, how does this harm me?
Well, if you're receiving the funds, lucky you, government will take care of you. If you're not receiving the funds, you will get to help those less fortunate...with your cash.

Well, if you're receiving the funds, lucky you, government will take care of you. If you're not receiving the funds, you will get to help those less fortunate...with your cash.

I am not receiving funds. Is there a tax increase with this? I have not seen one passed. So, it does not do any harm to me at all.

I am not receiving funds. Is there a tax increase with this? I have not seen one passed. So, it does not do any harm to me at all.
It has not been passed...yet. To phrase it another way, if you currently pay taxes, expect them to go up. If you do not pay taxes, you may get "extra" money. If you don't speak English, you will probably get free money.

Forum List

Back