The party of small government strikes again

The original sin was to decouple our dollar from the gold standard...

That was not a sin, that was needed for more growth to be able to happen.

There is only so much gold, and tying your currency to it limits how much wealth their can be. It was fine when there was a limited number of people in the country, but as population grows it was unsustainable.

I read not long ago that if the US went back to the gold standard the price of gold would have to instantly be above 10,000 an ounce

View attachment 884197
I would love nothing more than for the people that are supposed to represent us in DC to start, not only understanding the Constitution, but applying it in the form of smaller government...But, it seems as though your trying to tell me that I support larger government, because I want to push back on larger government...laissez faire, milquetoast approach won't stop the juggernaut march toward Central authority that progressive DSA demos want so badly...
You've given up. Instead of fighting for freedom, you're fighting for control.

There is only so much gold, and tying your currency to it limits how much wealth their can be. It was fine when there was a limited number of people in the country, but as population grows it was unsustainable.

I read not long ago that if the US went back to the gold standard the price of gold would have to instantly be above 10,000 an ounce
So, I get it...You're a big government, no limits on spending, fiat currency democrat....Thanks for admitting it...

I am against a business, of any size, being forced to accept a certain form of payment...that is the whole point of my thread.

It is you and your beloved party that is doing the forcing.
and its a stupid point,,

god forbid an american company be forced to accept the american dollar,,

I guess you would be OK if a company ony accepted the russian or chines crrency??

The federal government is an enemy of the people. This is most evident. It ignores the Bill of Rights regularly.

Forum List

Back