The end of the American cornucopia

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Anyone else here who is involved in the supply chain, purchasing material, or supplying materials... having fun yet??
Every single day at the office is spend trying to explain to people "you can't get that... this is the only option available... those options are no longer available... over and over and over.
Freaking nightmare. And what surprises me is people are genuinely surprised. Helloo?? Have you seen your grocery store shelves? The shelves at Walmart? Lowes? - you think they are the only ones and only what they carry is in serious trouble??
Today a client who insist on finding what they have, no matter what it cost. Fine. I find them at a custom niche supplier in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. Cost? - 4 times the normal cost. Then I get to hear the complaining as if I have some control over a global shipping crises.

And it is only getting worse and worse.

It is getting really bad and so many people want to shut their eyes and pretend there are no major problems.

This went from a few months of getting the supply lines back up to making very real and permeant damage to the economy on a wide scale in virtual perpetuity.

Anyone else here who is involved in the supply chain, purchasing material, or supplying materials... having fun yet??
Every single day at the office is spend trying to explain to people "you can't get that... this is the only option available... those options are no longer available... over and over and over.
Freaking nightmare. And what surprises me is people are genuinely surprised. Helloo?? Have you seen your grocery store shelves? The shelves at Walmart? Lowes? - you think they are the only ones and only what they carry is in serious trouble??
Today a client who insist on finding what they have, no matter what it cost. Fine. I find them at a custom niche supplier in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. Cost? - 4 times the normal cost. Then I get to hear the complaining as if I have some control over a global shipping crises.

Welcome to Venezuela

That's what you should say to them.

We basically had to shut down a dept because we cant get basic materials.
Orders backed up for weeks.

Adding to the problems . . .

The Pirates of the Highways​

On America’s interstates, brazen bands of thieves steal 18-wheelers filled with computers, cell phones, even toilet paper. And select law enforcement teams are tasked with tracking them down.

We basically had to shut down a dept because we cant get basic materials.
Orders backed up for weeks.
Absolutely.
I had a 30 minute discussion with a regional supplier of paper Friday.
They normally keep a 60 day inventory of pretty much all product. It fell to 45, then 30... now less than 2 weeks with only 20% inventory of over half their best sellers. Europe stopped sending containers of paper late last summer, so has China.
Envelopes are about 6 weeks on back order. With pretty much anything beside #10 regular (pretty much everything you get in the mail is #10 reg) unavailable. Colored envelopes? Yeah... forget that. Unless you want to buy 500 from Amazon for 12 times the cost. At least.

No shortages here. Pura Vida !
Considering the shortages are happening on the entire planet, you clearly:
Three-Life-Size-Bronze-Monkeys-see-no-evil-hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil-324281-1120264.jpg

Is that related to just product being sought from abroad, or as it the same with trying to obtain product from US manufacturers?

Is that related to just product being sought from abroad, or as it the same with trying to obtain product from US manufacturers?
Product that comes abroad. Unfortunately the Mark Cubans' of the world have invested heavily in off shore manufacturing, primarily China. That there is not enough supply made in the U.S. to keep up.

Product that comes abroad. Unfortunately the Mark Cubans' of the world have invested heavily in off shore manufacturing, primarily China. That there is not enough supply made in the U.S. to keep up.
Mark Cuban

What an asshole!

Mark Cuban

What an asshole!
Absolutely.
And others just like him.
I have told people here and IRL - every American should watch "The Shark Tank". You want to see how/why so many small businesses have cease to exist across the country... 100,000's of manufacturing plants shuttered forever? - you can see how it happens right on TV.
Shark Tank is a microcosm of what corporatism and a shareholder driven economy is doing to all of us.
An extremely small number of super wealthy individuals and investment firms daily wipe out jobs so they can make more by taking advantage of essentially slave labor

Absolutely.
And others just like him.
I have told people here and IRL - every American should watch "The Shark Tank". You want to see how/why so many small businesses have cease to exist across the country... 100,000's of manufacturing plants shuttered forever? - you can see how it happens right on TV.
Shark Tank is a microcosm of what corporatism and shareholder driven economy is doing to all of us.
Yep…the scumbags offshore everything.

And Trump was pro USA manufacturing. I wonder which idiots disliked China tariffs? I mean, who could be soooo fucking stupid.

Forum List

Back