Why are democrat elites pushing for electric vehicles when.. read: Disadvantages of Electric Cars

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

So there aren't nearly as many charging stations as gas stations, which we knew

Then there's the cost. Most Americans cannot afford them

(You have to go down half way to find Disadvantages)

From the site​

Longer Recharge Time​

Compared to the couple of minutes it takes to fill a fuel tank, it takes about 4-6 hours to charge an electric car fully.

And the list goes on

Last edited:

From the site​

Longer Recharge Time​

Compared to the couple of minutes it takes to fill a fuel tank, it takes about 4-6 hours to charge an electric car fully.

And the list goes on
I'm sure the same things were said about the gasoline powered motor carriage when it was first introduced. :) Most Americans couldn't afford those when they first came out.
But everything evolves. Technology advances. Supply and then demand determines pricing. It will happen. And one day, petroleum will go the way of the dinosaur....:)

I'm sure the same things were said about the gasoline powered motor carriage when it was first introduced. :) Most Americans couldn't afford those when they first came out.
But everything evolves. Technology advances. Supply and then demand determines pricing. It will happen. And one day, petroleum will go the way of the dinosaur....:)
Let it happen naturally instead of pushing it down our throats.

You'll be shocked, I'm sure, to learn that gas stations were once as rare as charging stations

• Banned
Why are the democrats pushing so hard for EVs? Simple: they are being paid big bucks to do so by big money interests in funding green energy programs, including but not limited to EVs. The lifeblood of politics is money, it's a simple as that.
can't argue with that. I try never to argue with what even might be / could be the truth. But you have stated an obvious one

What do you think about the ideology argument? That dims are ideologues vis a vis the climate.. environment, etc?

Newsom said blah blah blah (grid couldn't handle it so DON'T charge at this time)

Response (from the site):

Outrage ensued in the comments, however, with multiple Twitter users critiquing Newsom's claim that California avoided emergency power outages Tuesday night, many pointed out they sat in the dark for hours.

"What's the temperature set at in your multiple homes?" asked attorney and former California GOP chairwoman Harmeet K. Dhillon.

From the site​

Longer Recharge Time​

And the list goes on
Why are they pushing electric vehicles?
You can push it as far as you can drive it, if not charged up, getting too far from an electric connection.:auiqs.jpg:

How will people who live in apartments charge their cars?
good question

I guess the apt owners/managers are going to have to provide charging stations from now on.. Newsom will force them to do so in the name of progress, which costs to landlords will then be passed on to renters and potential renters which voila'

end result: more homeless people.. when CA already has more homeless per capita than any state (I have heard)

great governor there

From the site​

Longer Recharge Time​

And the list goes on
Most people with electric cars charge them every night at home. It’s a trade off.

Forum List

Back