Smirking drug CEO antagonizes lawmakers after pleading the Fifth

He is only a civilian and the "smirk" is a matter of opinion but what do we do when members of Hussein's cabinet such as the director of IRS "takes the 5th", ignore it?

Just as he swore to do. Of course the criminal usually lies to avoid being discovered as the culprit of a crime. In actuality, "pleading the fifth" is a signal to the jury that "I am culpable so I refuse to say anymore." IOW, guilty. But of what? Sometimes it is not the crime that is being adjudicated, but of a lesser crime involved with the original criminal statute being discussed in the legal assembly.
Example:
He might be not guilty if the original crime, but had knowledge of the crime that he didn't share with investigators. That is a different crime. See what I mean?

In actuality, "pleading the fifth" is a signal to the jury that "I am culpable so I refuse to say anymore." IOW, guilty.

If you think that is proof beyond a reasonable doubt, I'm gonna point and laugh.

He might be not guilty if the original crime, but had knowledge of the crime that he didn't share with investigators.

That's a crime?
Lying to LE is a crime....No, Todd pleading the 5th would not be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. What would the charge be? The original crime or accessory? LE would need more evidence than just that.
When Lying Becomes A Crime: Obstruction Of Justice

Lying to LE is a crime....

Who said anything about lying?
You said, "had knowledge of the crime that he didn't share with investigators"
Sorry...this could open it up to more than just lying:
"Obstruction of Justice charges mean you deliberately became a roadblock to investigating a case ... basically helping the bad guy. It depends on what exactly you said or did to hinder the police in their duties."

What happens when you don't cooperate with police?

If I have knowledge of a crime that Hillary committed and I don't share with investigators, that's a crime?
I'm not sure, but I think they had to come to you and you evaded their question without really lying ( out right lying)...Yes.

He is only a civilian and the "smirk" is a matter of opinion but what do we do when members of Hussein's cabinet such as the director of IRS "takes the 5th", ignore it?
You knew she was covering for someone else...and it was likely a high operative at the WH. But, if she was being questioned out of court and she lied, that's trouble. She signs an affidavit after questioning that she is telling the whole truth.

In actuality, "pleading the fifth" is a signal to the jury that "I am culpable so I refuse to say anymore." IOW, guilty.

If you think that is proof beyond a reasonable doubt, I'm gonna point and laugh.

He might be not guilty if the original crime, but had knowledge of the crime that he didn't share with investigators.

That's a crime?
Lying to LE is a crime....No, Todd pleading the 5th would not be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. What would the charge be? The original crime or accessory? LE would need more evidence than just that.

"Obstruction of Justice charges mean you deliberately became a roadblock to investigating a case ... basically helping the bad guy. It depends on what exactly you said or did to hinder the police in their duties."

If I have knowledge of a crime that Hillary committed and I don't share with investigators, that's a crime?
I'm not sure, but I think they had to come to you and you evaded their question without really lying ( out right lying)...Yes.

I'm not sure, but I think they had to come to you and you evaded their question without really lying

Imagine, if it weren't for the 5th Amendment, all the Clinton associates we could get with that one, eh?

I'm not sure, but I think they had to come to you and you evaded their question without really lying

Imagine, if it weren't for the 5th Amendment, all the Clinton associates we could get with that one, eh?
Well, that doesn't say that they won;'t get them still I think it was Cheryl Mills that refused to meet with prosecutors so she couldn't be charged with obstruction. Unless they find someone close to Cheryl who was there when they were forwarding, say Blumenthal's reports, it was obvious they were Top Secret and they didn' t label the documents properly. That is an offense against the handling of classified material.

They go go for Mills and when it shows they have got her because of other evidence, she will have to testify against Hillary or be charged with obstruction. But she is not an idiot. She will make a deal. The underlings go to jail while the real criminal (in this case, Hillary) gets a prole or suspended sentence or clemency.

I would guess they are shooting for Mills, Abedin and Jake Sullivan right now.

Granny says, "Dat's right - wipe dat smirky lil' grin off his face...
icon_grandma.gif

Ex-drug executive Shkreli to face U.S. fraud trial in June 2017
Jul 14 2016 - Martin Shkreli, the former pharmaceutical executive who last year became a lightning rod for criticism of soaring prescription drug prices, is now scheduled to go on trial in June 2017 in the U.S. government's securities fraud case against him.
U.S. District Judge Kiyo Matsumoto, in Brooklyn, New York, set a June 26, 2017, trial date in the case against Shkreli, 33, and Evan Greebel, a former lawyer for Retrophin Inc (RTRX.O), a biopharmaceutical company which Shkreli founded and headed until 2014. Prosecutors had sought to have the four-week trial take place as soon as February. But Benjamin Brafman, Shkreli's lawyer, pushed for a June date, citing his schedule in other cases and complex motions he planned. "We're not just going to be sitting on a beach waiting for the June trial date," Brafman said.

r

Martin Shkreli, former chief executive officer of Turing Pharmaceuticals and KaloBios Pharmaceuticals Inc, departs following a hearing at U.S. Federal Court in Brooklyn, New York​

The judge also set Oct. 2, 2017, for a potential second trial, after Brafman said he expected to file a severance motion so that Shkreli and Greebel could be tried separately. Greebel had been seeking an October trial date. Brafman argued that separating the two defendants at trial was necessary, as Shrekli's defense would turn in part on legal advice that Greebel had provided him in undertaking some of the central actions in the case. Outside of court, Brafman said Shkreli was not accusing Greebel of wrongdoing, and that pursuing an advice-of-counsel defense did not mean either man committed a crime. "I don't think there's a finger of blame to point in this case," he said.

r

Martin Shkreli (L), former chief executive officer of Turing Pharmaceuticals and KaloBios Pharmaceuticals Inc, departs with his attorney Benjamin Brafman following a hearing at U.S. Federal Court in Brooklyn, New York​

Shkreli, after leaving Retrophin, ran Turing Pharmaceuticals, where he sparked outrage among patients and U.S. lawmakers for raising the price of a drug used to treat a dangerous parasitic infection by more than 5,000 percent, to $750 a pill. His criminal case arose from alleged conduct between 2009 and 2014, during Shkreli's management of Retrophin and the hedge fund MSMB Capital Management. Prosecutors said Shkreli engaged in a Ponzi-like scheme in which he defrauded investors in MSMB and misappropriated $11 million in assets from Retrophin to repay them. Shkreli has pleaded not guilty to charges that include securities fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud. He has said he did not commit a crime. The case is U.S. v. Shkreli, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, No. 15-cr-00637.

Ex-drug executive Shkreli to face U.S. fraud trial in June 2017

Forum List

Back