He died after a cop kneeled on his neck for 14 minutes. Now, his family can finally sue.

George Floydd was not murdered. He died of a drug overdose.
The state of Minnesota begs to differ which is why Chauvin is serving a 22 1/2 year sentence for Floyd's murder.

Furthermore, the OP is not about George Floyd it's about Tony Timpa, a different case entirely.

George Floyd's death at the hands of Chauvin and Chauvin's subsequent conviction is the reason that Timpa's family will now be able to have their lawsuit heard if I'm understanding the article correctly. Floyd death and the case against Chavin set precedence apparently that was a long time coming but now allows people who have had their civil rights violated by the police to seek legal redress.

No more qualified immunity, which is idiotic on it's face in so many ways when it allows the police to kill people and get away with it.

The state of Minnesota begs to differ which is why Chauvin is serving a 22 1/2 year sentence for Floyd's murder.

Furthermore, the OP is not about George Floyd it's about Tony Timpa, a different case entirely.

George Floyd's death at the hands of Chauvin and Chauvin's subsequent conviction is the reason that Timpa's family will now be able to have their lawsuit heard if I'm understanding the article correctly. Floyd death and the case against Chavin set precedence apparently that was a long time coming but now allows people who have had their civil rights violated by the police to seek legal redress.

No more qualified immunity, which is idiotic on it's face in so many ways when it allows the police to kill people and get away with it.
They should be completely separate issues and events. If this Timpa got the raw end there should be justice brought.
Chauvin was the obvious victim of mob rule. Racist mob rule. Totally anti-American.

Qualified immunity does have a certain amount of justification if the cop within reason believes his life or the lives or others are in immediate danger. In Timpa's case or in Floyd's, I believe the cop was guilty of at least negligent homicide, QI should not cover instances where a person is properly subdued and cannot harm anybody. BUT - should a cop wait until he gets shot at to return fire? Would you want to be a cop if you follow procedures but can't defend yourself from a perceived threat? That's what QI should be all about.

While I guess I shouldn't be surprised, why are the majority of you claiming that the victim was a criminal?

Let me guess, didn't bother to read the article and just assumed the victim was black (Godboy, et al)?
A documented list of criminality was provided here ages ago. You are pandering to non existent emotional “justice”

Last edited:
We're playing "Simon says" here? No again. When you four cops and the perp is PRONE on the pavement -- put them INTO CUSTODY and back the fuck off til EMTs arrive to assess the perps complaints of "about to kill me".....

What part of that -- dont you understand? What THREAT was he to officers at the time they KILLED HIM?
They didn’t kill him. He was combative and they subdued him. What you bleeding heart, brainless emoters can’t process (because you don’t want to) is that subdued people become violent again when you don’t keep them subdued.
Don’t be a repeat criminal and you will be fine. You cry babies ignore that FACT because it’s counter to an emotive agenda.
Got it Cry Boy??!

No. I'm not a thug and I am not dead. Your hero is both.
But you will be one day, and you are a thug to some, among other things.

The fact that you think Floyd is my hero is telling but irrespective of what either of us think, his death set precedence that allows even those who wished him ill due to nothing more than his race, to now prevail in the enforcement of their civil rights when they previously were unable to do so.

They should be completely separate issues and events. If this Timpa got the raw end there should be justice brought.
Chauvin was the obvious victim of mob rule. Racist mob rule. Totally anti-American.
Chauvin's conviction is the reason that Timpa's family can now get justice for him. You'd prefer that neither happen?

Qualified immunity does have a certain amount of justification if the cop within reason believes his life or the lives or others are in immediate danger. In Timpa's case or in Floyd's, I believe the cop was guilty of at least negligent homicide, QI should not cover instances where a person is properly subdued and cannot harm anybody. BUT - should a cop wait until he gets shot at to return fire? Would you want to be a cop if you follow procedures but can't defend yourself from a perceived threat? That's what QI should be all about.
So cops don't know the right words to say when they want to or have killed someone unlawfully and want to escape punishment? That's exactly what "I was in fear for my life" does for them even when nobody else would have been in fear for their lives.

Many of them are just afraid of black people, black men in particular. Why would anyone work somewhere where they're afraid of the people they have to be around every day? Money?

Forum List

Back