Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero

Actually I can because it's the truth. It had nothing to do with what started the war.
Thanks for revealing your ignorance. :thup:

That's not actually a refutation...just in case you thought it was.

Faun is always pronouncing himself the victor in every debate even though the substance of what he says boils down to saying "nuh uhn!"
Nah, South Carolina giving the land where Fort Sumter is today to the federal government is what proved me right. Your inability to understand a right to serve process clause contained within the text of tbe resolution is merely icing on the cake. Plus your failed attempt to modify said clause to mean what you wanted it to mean was your tacit surrender, whether you intended such or not.

And I also note, you have failed miserably to link corresponding evidence of your misrepresentation of that clause since there is none. You are alone in that misguided thinking.

Thank you for your admission that South Carolina had the right to take back Fort Sumter. If they could freely give it to the government, then they could just as freely rescind it. Which also, by the way, is in perfect congruence with the concept that states that freely joined the Union could just as freely leave it.

I'm glad we agree!
Actually I can because it's the truth. It had nothing to do with what started the war.

Faun is always pronouncing himself the victor in every debate even though the substance of what he says boils down to saying "nuh uhn!"
Nah, South Carolina giving the land where Fort Sumter is today to the federal government is what proved me right. Your inability to understand a right to serve process clause contained within the text of tbe resolution is merely icing on the cake. Plus your failed attempt to modify said clause to mean what you wanted it to mean was your tacit surrender, whether you intended such or not.

And I also note, you have failed miserably to link corresponding evidence of your misrepresentation of that clause since there is none. You are alone in that misguided thinking.

Thank you for your admission that South Carolina had the right to take back Fort Sumter. If they could freely give it to the government, then they could just as freely rescind it. Which also, by the way, is in perfect congruence with the concept that states that freely joined the Union could just as freely leave it.

I'm glad we agree!
I don't agree but thanks again for revealing your ignorance. :thup:

Nah, South Carolina giving the land where Fort Sumter is today to the federal government is what proved me right.

Since it didn't cede legal jurisdiction to the federal government, no it doesn't.

Your inability to understand a right to serve process clause contained within the text of tbe resolution is merely icing on the cake. Plus your failed attempt to modify said clause to mean what you wanted it to mean was your tacit surrender, whether you intended such or not.

I know what "all precesses, civil and criminal" means. IT means SC retained legal jurisdiction. It would be ridiculous to claim it didn't retain legal jurisdiction. Did any state claim the right to serve people who weren't located within their territorial boundaries? That proposition is absolutely preposterous.

What evidence have you posted that supports your interpretation?

Oh yeah, . . . none.
Despite your lies, I actually did post a link to a site which explained that clause. You see, since the clause is clear, I can easily find corroboration. You? Not so much. Why? Because apparently no one else shares your brain addled comprehension of the English language.

Oh, and clauses like that were often included in land ceded to the federal government for the explicit purpose that fugitives of the law could not seek refuge in them. You are so fucking stupid, it's scary.

You posted a link to Lincoln cult propaganda. The fact that you can find another Lincoln cultist would agrees with your interpretation proves nothing. Hitler had no trouble finding people who agreed that all the Jews should be exterminated.

You cannot separate the race from the Civil war.

Sure it is You think just because morons like you who deny the South seceded and fought to remain separate in order to keep slavery means everyone else believes your idiocies too? :cuckoo:

Who was threatening to end slavery?
The north was.

Just about every state in the north made slavery illegal. Northern states were fighting to prevent slavery from expanding to future states. Lincoln, running for presudent, was against slavery, although he didn't know how it could be ended in the south.

Last edited:

Sure it is You think just because morons like you who deny the South seceded and fought to remain separate in order to keep slavery means everyone else believes your idiocies too? :lmao:

Only four states stated they were seceding to maintain slavery. Furthermore, it doesn't matter why they seceded. The fact is that Lincoln didn't give a damn about slavery. He only cared about collecting the oppressive tariffs that Northern politicians had imposed on the South. Lincoln is the one who invaded Virginia and thereby started the war.
umm... had the South won, slavery would have remained legal there. They were opposed to the abolition of slavery long before the tariffs; and even worse for your hallucinations, they seceded prior to the Morill tariff. :eek:

Had the South not seceded slavery would have remained legal.

Your argument FAILS.
Not at all. The south couldn't know that. The south believed their right to possess slaves was thtreatened by the north, which had already abolished sit.slavery.

Nah, South Carolina giving the land where Fort Sumter is today to the federal government is what proved me right.

Since it didn't cede legal jurisdiction to the federal government, no it doesn't.

Your inability to understand a right to serve process clause contained within the text of tbe resolution is merely icing on the cake. Plus your failed attempt to modify said clause to mean what you wanted it to mean was your tacit surrender, whether you intended such or not.

I know what "all precesses, civil and criminal" means. IT means SC retained legal jurisdiction. It would be ridiculous to claim it didn't retain legal jurisdiction. Did any state claim the right to serve people who weren't located within their territorial boundaries? That proposition is absolutely preposterous.

Oh yeah, . . . none.
Despite your lies, I actually did post a link to a site which explained that clause. You see, since the clause is clear, I can easily find corroboration. You? Not so much. Why? Because apparently no one else shares your brain addled comprehension of the English language.

Oh, and clauses like that were often included in land ceded to the federal government for the explicit purpose that fugitives of the law could not seek refuge in them. You are so fucking stupid, it's scary.

You posted a link to Lincoln cult propaganda. The fact that you can find another Lincoln cultist would agrees with your interpretation proves nothing. Hitler had no trouble finding people who agreed that all the Jews should be exterminated.
:lol: You don't know what I posted. Hell, you just said I didn't post any link. All I had to do was call you on that to get you to flip your claim from I posted nothing, to claiming I posted something you don't like. Just like when I proved you to be the idiot you are when I posted a link to that other Lincoln cult propagandist, the Encyclopedia Britannica. :lmao:

Oh, and despite your lies and obfuscation, you still can't produce a link that agrees with your brbrain-dead understanding of that clause.

:dance:

Last edited:

Sure it is You think just because morons like you who deny the South seceded and fought to remain separate in order to keep slavery means everyone else believes your idiocies too? :cuckoo:

The north was.

Just about every state in the north made slavery illegal. Northern states were fighting to prevent slavery from expanding to future states. Lincoln, running for presudent, was against slavery, although he didn't know how it could be ended in the south.

You jackass. Lincoln ran for president expressly promising NOT to end slavery. Facing facts about Lincoln and his views on slavery MinnPost

The north was.

You jackass. Lincoln ran for president expressly promising NOT to end slavery. Facing facts about Lincoln and his views on slavery MinnPost
I see you are reading comprehension challenged. Let's see if I can help....

I said, "Lincoln, running for president, was against slavery..."

Now compare that to what Lincoln said ...

• "I hate [indifference to slavery] because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world-enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites-causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty-criticizing the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest."
  • "When it is said that the institution exists, and that it is very difficult to get rid of it, in any satisfactory way, I can understand and appreciate the saying. I surely will not blame them for not doing what I should not know how to do myself. If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,-to their own native land. But a moment's reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible. If they were all landed there in a day, they would all perish in the next ten days; and there are not surplus shipping and surplus money enough in the world to carry them there in many times ten days. What then?"
As I said, Lincoln was against slavery. He just didn't know how it could be ended in the south.

But lucky for him, and more importantly for blacks, he found a way.

Last edited:

The north was.

• "I hate [indifference to slavery] because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world-enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites-causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty-criticizing the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest."
  • "When it is said that the institution exists, and that it is very difficult to get rid of it, in any satisfactory way, I can understand and appreciate the saying. I surely will not blame them for not doing what I should not know how to do myself. If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,-to their own native land. But a moment's reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible. If they were all landed there in a day, they would all perish in the next ten days; and there are not surplus shipping and surplus money enough in the world to carry them there in many times ten days. What then?"
As I said, Lincoln was against slavery. He just didn't know how it could be ended in the south.

Lincoln always hated slavery. The question was whether he wanted to end it. Think of it in terms of people who oppose abortion but not so much they want to make it illegal.

What did Lincoln actually say to get elected?

"I have no purpose directly or indirectly to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so."

“I have declared a thousand times, and now repeat that, in my opinion neither the General Government, nor any other power outside of the slave states, can constitutionally or rightfully interfere with slaves or slavery where it already exists.”

The north was.

Lincoln always hated slavery. The question was whether he wanted to end it. Think of it in terms of people who oppose abortion but not so much they want to make it illegal.

"I have no purpose directly or indirectly to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so."

“I have declared a thousand times, and now repeat that, in my opinion neither the General Government, nor any other power outside of the slave states, can constitutionally or rightfully interfere with slaves or slavery where it already exists.”
He said he wanted to end it, he just didn't know how to go about it.

"When it is said that the institution exists, and that it is very difficult to get rid of it, in any satisfactory way, I can understand and appreciate the saying. I surely will not blame them for not doing what I should not know how to do myself. If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution."

... and then went on to say what he would like to see, but also said it couldn't be done ...

"My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,-to their own native land."
He was against slavery, as was much of the north. He wanted to free the slaves but didn't know how to go about it. With no plan on how to free them, he didn't run on a platform of freeing them.

But he found a way though, didn't he?

Oh yeah, . . . none.

:lol: You don't know what I posted. Hell, you just said I didn't post any link. All I had to do was call you on that to get you to flip your claim from I posted nothing, to claiming I posted something you don't like. Just like when I proved you to be the idiot you are when I posted a link to that other Lincoln cult propagandist, the Encyclopedia Britannica. :lmao:

Oh, and despite your lies and obfuscation, you still can't produce a link that agrees with your brbrain-dead understanding of that clause.

You posted a link to Lincoln cult propaganda. It proved nothing. The encyclopaedia also proved nothing since all it ever does is regurgitate official wisdom. It's truly sad that you believe you have a winning case.

The north was.

"When it is said that the institution exists, and that it is very difficult to get rid of it, in any satisfactory way, I can understand and appreciate the saying. I surely will not blame them for not doing what I should not know how to do myself. If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution."

... and then went on to say what he would like to see, but also said it couldn't be done ...

"My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,-to their own native land."
He was against slavery, as was much of the north. He wanted to free the slaves but didn't know how to go about it. With no plan on how to free them, he didn't run on a platform of freeing them.

He ran on an explicit plan of not freeing them. That's entirely different from saying he didn't say he intended to free them. Note that you quote him saying he wanted to send them all to Liberia. That's because Lincoln, your patron saint, was a white supremacist. He did not to live in the same country with free blacks.

The north was.

He ran on an explicit plan of not freeing them. That's entirely different from saying he didn't say he intended to free them. Note that you quote him saying he wanted to send them all to Liberia. That's because Lincoln, your patron saint, was a white supremacist. He did not to live in the same country with free blacks.

Maybe ending slavery was Lincoln's "shovel ready jobs".
others-113.gif

Oh yeah, . . . none.

You posted a link to Lincoln cult propaganda. It proved nothing. The encyclopaedia also proved nothing since all it ever does is regurgitate official wisdom. It's truly sad that you believe you have a winning case.
You have no idea where I posted that from. Remember? You thought I didn't link anything at all. Now you're just making shit up because you're not man enough to admit it when you're wrong.

And still, you can't link anything because there is no one else as dumb as you to think that clause provided SC any legal jurisdiction other than to serve process on civil and criminal matters on that land.

Let's also not forget, you claim to know better than the Encyclopedia Britannica.

MSN-Emoticon-laughing-127.gif

The north was.

You're brain-dead, fuckwit. I didn't say he didn't intend to free them. I said he wanted to free them but didn't think he could. But he did find a way. That's what great presidents do. That's one of the reasons he's considered one of the greatest presidents by Americans. Fuckwits notwithstanding, of course.

others-113.gif
LOL, funny.

Still, he got the job done.

He wanted to end slavery and he did. Not only did he, but he also found a great way to inspire blacks to fight on his side to help defeat the south. The guy was a fucking genius, I tell ya. :thup:

You're brain-dead, fuckwit. I didn't say he didn't intend to free them. I said he wanted to free them but didn't think he could. But he did find a way. That's what great presidents do. That's one of the reasons he's considered one of the greatest presidents by Americans. Fuckwits notwithstanding, of course.

Killing 600,000 people to do it constitutes a failure. And a president isn't great by achieving his aims by war, but rather by peace. A great president would have ended slavery without a drop of blood spilled. A great president would have preserved the union by addressing the issues causing 11 states to want to leave and working out a compromise, not marshaling 75,000 troops and committing them to an invasion course to plunge the entire continent into a state of war.

So what it comes down to is, you think he's a great president because he killed people, just like any evil, murderous asshole thinks that another evil, murderous asshole is great. Look at how many thought Muhammad (piss be upon him) was great. Or Adolf Hitler. Evil people who like to kill and destroy will always have a fan base as long as there are other evil assholes like you.

others-113.gif
LOL, funny.

He wanted to end slavery and he did. Not only did he, but he also found a great way to inspire blacks to fight on his side to help defeat the south. The guy was a fucking genius, I tell ya. :thup:

I'm glad you're so fond of him. You'll be spending eternity where he is too. All evil assholes will go to the same place, so you can wrap your lips around his manhood in a posture of worship, of course after waiting your turn in line.

Killing 600,000 people to do it constitutes a failure. And a president isn't great by achieving his aims by war, but rather by peace. A great president would have ended slavery without a drop of blood spilled. A great president would have preserved the union by addressing the issues causing 11 states to want to leave and working out a compromise, not marshaling 75,000 troops and committing them to an invasion course to plunge the entire continent into a state of war.

So what it comes down to is, you think he's a great president because he killed people, just like any evil, murderous asshole thinks that another evil, murderous asshole is great. Look at how many thought Muhammad (piss be upon him) was great. Or Adolf Hitler. Evil people who like to kill and destroy will always have a fan base as long as there are other evil assholes like you.
:boohoo:

FDR is another many Americans rank among the best. He won a war too.

And no, Lincoln is not responsible for those deaths. He didn't start the fight but once drawn in, he fought to keep the union whole. Freeing blacks was just genius though, don't you think? He wanted to end slavery and not only did he find a way to end it; he found a way to get slaves on his side to help him defeat the traitor confederates.

others-113.gif
LOL, funny.

I'm glad you're so fond of him. You'll be spending eternity where he is too. All evil assholes will go to the same place, so you can wrap your lips around his manhood in a posture of worship, of course after waiting your turn in line.
You'll be there before I will. :happy-1:

Nope. During the election he said he had no intention or desire to free them. Apparently you're the brain dead fuckwit.

Lincoln was the absolute worst president. What fuckwits like think about him has no relationship with the truth.

Forum List

Back