Uncancelled History with Douglas Murray | EP. 01 Robert E. Lee

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
This shows more history about Robert E. Lee. Lee is hated by Democrats. Yet it was for their cause he fought.
Who recalls who captured the evil man, John Brown and then hung Brown? What was Lee's view of slavery? Why does this matter? Because of the many attacks on Lee by today's Democrats. And now they are waging war against George Washington. So will we see Washington cancelled?

This shows more history about Robert E. Lee. Lee is hated by Democrats. Yet it was for their cause he fought.
Who recalls who captured the evil man, John Brown and then hung Brown? What was Lee's view of slavery? Why does this matter? Because of the many attacks on Lee by today's Democrats. And now they are waging war against George Washington. So will we see Washington cancelled?

Lee was a traitor. That why he is hated.

Telling the truth is not cancelling.

It is difficult to be concerned with posters who are not in this correctly. Calling Lee a Traitor means he should only favor a particular side. The side that invaded VA in fact. Why would Lee support those who invaded his state?
Cancelling is what the Democrats are up to. And they plan to wipe out a good bit of our history.

Robert E Lee is one of my favorite people in history. I hope those who can not allow his reputation to be dirtied for a quick buck by the political hucksters who rely on lies and partial truths. I am sure he was not perfect none of us are. Another favorite was George W. Carver I had the privilege of speaking to those who knew all about him and that he was a sour old grouch :)
But that doesn't take away from his accomplishments. Historic figures should be shown for what they really were both good and bad without judgment.

Robert E Lee is one of my favorite people in history. I hope those who can not allow his reputation to be dirtied for a quick buck by the political hucksters who rely on lies and partial truths. I am sure he was not perfect none of us are. Another favorite was George W. Carver I had the privilege of speaking to those who knew all about him and that he was a sour old grouch :)
But that doesn't take away from his accomplishments. Historic figures should be shown for what they really were both good and bad without judgment.
I have books discussing Lee and also his Wartime papers. Lee is widely heralded as one of this nation's best of all Generals. Nobody is perfect that is a human. As you mention of course. This nation once had a marvelous enormous statue in Richmond VA that was removed by Democrats.

Democrats do this trying to erase history. They would be smart to be ashamed they once owned slaves. But they act as if it was republicans with the slaves. They live to lie. No doubt of that at all.

I have books discussing Lee and also his Wartime papers. Lee is widely heralded as one of this nation's best of all Generals. Nobody is perfect that is a human. As you mention of course. This nation once had a marvelous enormous statue in Richmond VA that was removed by Democrats.

Democrats do this trying to erase history. They would be smart to be ashamed they once owned slaves. But they act as if it was republicans with the slaves. They live to lie. No doubt of that at all.
And that in reality is what we are talking about. Not cancelling Lee out or removing/erasing him from history. We're talking about removing his statues and the other statues of traitors that were put up during the Jim Crowe era starting with the Reconstruction. And moving those statues to places were their place in history can be discussed..good and bad...not revered.

We don't build statues to traitors. Or at least, we shouldn't.

Lee was a traitor who took up arms against his country.
He was also a slave owner who tortured slaves who ran away
Why would slaves run away from the Lee Plantation? Arms were first taken up against the South by Abe Lincolns army when he invaded VA. As to claims the war commenced over Sumter, not true. Not a person died from that cannon fire by the South vs the fort. Photos showing great destruction to Sumter was due to Federal fire and not the Confederates.

Notice how today Democrats get pissed that the State of Florida's education department mentions how slaves learned trades and once free could use them. Yet who do they allege built the White House? Slaves they tell us. Proving Slaves could and did learn trades useful when they were free.

And that in reality is what we are talking about. Not cancelling Lee out or removing/erasing him from history. We're talking about removing his statues and the other statues of traitors that were put up during the Jim Crowe era starting with the Reconstruction. And moving those statues to places were their place in history can be discussed..good and bad...not revered.

When you depend on citizens to visit museums, when the statue in question is lost and hidden in some room, it does not teach them that there is this famous general called Robert Lee to learn about. Lee came from a famous family.

As I watch TV from time to time, based on TV advertising, it seems as if the media is wiping out whites and putting on display perhaps 80 percent of the ads are by blacks. This vastly misrepresents our nations of mixes of races.

This magnificent statue of Robert E Lee vanished from Richmond. Where is it today? I took photos of it when I was in VA on one of my trips there.

500px-Statue_Robert_E._Lee_Richmond_%28cropped%29.JPG

In other words, Statues put up by Democrats.

My wife is a direct descendant of the Lee family on her father's side.....Virginia "royalty".....Sadly their money did not come with her. ;)
I have been inside the Lee Mansion which is at Arlington, Cemetery.

When you depend on citizens to visit museums, when the statue in question is lost and hidden in some room, it does not teach them that there is this famous general called Robert Lee to learn about. Lee came from a famous family.

As I watch TV from time to time, based on TV advertising, it seems as if the media is wiping out whites and putting on display perhaps 80 percent of the ads are by blacks. This vastly misrepresents our nations of mixes of races.

This magnificent statue of Robert E Lee vanished from Richmond. Where is it today? I took photos of it when I was in VA on one of my trips there.

500px-Statue_Robert_E._Lee_Richmond_%28cropped%29.JPG
Sadly the only thing left on Monument Av. is some poorly done statue of a faggot black tennis player that died of the AIDs.

People act as if VA was the only state that departed the Union and because states did leave, it made them traitors. That is pure fiction. The states were created not to make the Feds the ultimate government, but to help them work as a team. But just as when a Football player leaves his team to join the other team, he is never called a traitor. I spent my life in CA but for 4 years have lived in Idaho. I am no traitor to the USA merely for moving to Idaho where this government is very very likable to me as a good solid Republican state. CA is a shit hole and I am sad to admit I was born there now.

Sadly the only thing left on Monument Av. is some poorly done statue of a faggot black tennis player that died of the AIDs.
The fact is the South was actually correct in leaving other states. Nobody appointed the other states as the grand master of all of the land then called states.

When in Richmond, I also got photos of the Arthur Ashe monument. Imagine that statue was also removed.

Not really a student of history are you? Not surprised. Your entire thread here is another attempt to rewrite the history of traitors.
All those statues put up by Southern Democrats who are now Republicans....can go. :)
Sorry you had to tell lies on my topic.

Actually it is wrong to call the South traitors as wrong as it is to declare that Washington was also one.
And the republicans never switched parties and since I was for a very long time a Democrat, I say we who changed parties did it due to what Carter did and not what Johnson did.

Forum List

Back