General Robert E. Lee, the Man for these Hard Times

THE STATES WERE ALREADY IN REBELLION. Where did you go to school?

States seceding: South Carolina Seceded 12/1860. The other states followed.

Enemy soldiers attacked US troops on US territory. 4/12/1861

Blockade proclaimed 4/19/1861. Blockad started July 1861.
If SC seceded, Fort Sumter wasnt in US territory. It was Confederate territory. They shot at trespassers.
The tyrant sending troops into an enemies territory was an act of war.

Wait.... you love and honor Robert E Lee but hate today's Democrats? :disbelief:

How can that be? Folks like SamInAZ tell me there is no difference between the piece of shit Democrats like Robert E. Lee in the 1800s and Democrats today.... 😄
Did I say I love him? No. But I do hold him in the highest of regard. He was a soldier and he was doing what he thought was right. Viewing the past through modern lenses creates an inaccurate photo. But. hey, why am I telling you this? You are dumber than shit.

If SC seceded, Fort Sumter wasnt in US territory. It was Confederate territory. They shot at trespassers.
The tyrant sending troops into an enemies territory was an act of war.
well not really---the UNION had not RECOGNIZED the secession (idiot

Lincoln blocked the ports over money. You can spin that however you want. I know how you tards cling to "muh racism" so your 1st grade understanding of this is understandable.
If they seceded, it wasnt US territory was it, genius?
As I understand it, once fighting broke out the north thought it was a joke. Then they saw all of the horrific casualties and the war took a stark downturn in support in the north. Lincoln then stirred up the slave angle in order to get people to join the military to fight for him.

Did I say I love him? No. But I do hold him in the highest of regard. He was a soldier and he was doing what he thought was right. Viewing the past through modern lenses creates an inaccurate photo. But. hey, why am I telling you this? You are dumber than shit.
You're one to talk. Half your racist friends want to throw Democrats like Robert E Lee and Jefferson Davis under the bus because they're embarrassed by them and their shit culture. 😄

We would all be wise to study the trials and tribulations of this man. He had everything taken from him after the war. Frankly, it is amazing that nobody assassinated him. There are certainly parallels between what happened to the General after the war and what is happening to Donald Trump today, a man being absolutely castigated for merely trying to do his duty to his country in a loyal and effective manner.
Lee was deluded by his loyalty to VA, but not nearly as deluded as Trump.

well not really---the UNION had not RECOGNIZED the secession (idiot
Doesnt matter.
If we didnt recognize Mexico, and sent in troops to one of their military installations, and our troops got shot, woudl you be surprised? Of course not. Idiot

As I understand it, once fighting broke out the north thought it was a joke. Then they saw all of the horrific casualties and the war took a stark downturn in support in the north. Lincoln then stirred up the slave angle in order to get people to join the military to fight for him.
Yep, and for Englands support. England was about to start backing the confederacy, so he made the EP. IE the biggest act of political theater in our history.

Doesnt matter.
If we didnt recognize Mexico, and sent in troops to one of their military installations, and our troops got shot, woudl you be surprised? Of course not. Idiot
A whole different proposition

You're one to talk. Half your racist friends want to throw Democrats like Robert E Lee and Jefferson Davis under the bus because they're embarrassed by them and their shit culture. 😄
I am going to say something that will surprise you. Oh wait, no I am not. You are dumber than shit. The fact is, well in my opinion, anyway, that this whole idea that the Democrats are racist slavers and KKK and the rest of that is really ingenuous. It is something folks on the right like to throw around to piss off leftists. Dems used to be mainstream in the 1950s, for example. Then some of them got a little uppity and joined forces with the GOP because they did not like the Dem's move toward including negroes. Thus, you had a GOP with the traditional Republicans whose focus was on fiscal and defense policies and some folks who just didn't like blacks. The latter used to be Democrats. The Democrat party starting turning progressive, causing there to be factions of leftist leaners, Blue Dogs, and moderates. It has now evolved to the party of leftists, while the GOP is factionalized between traditional Republicans, moral conservatives, and populists.

In other words, party composition and evolution is a complex issue. Technically, saying that the Dems are the party of the KKK, while maybe technically true, ignores history. I know that my take is not going to be popular with many on the right, but there it is.

Lee was deluded by his loyalty to VA, but not nearly as deluded as Trump.
"Deluded" is not correct, and it evidences your approach of judging past actors by today's standards. Such an approach almost always leads to misunderstandings about history.

I am going to say something that will surprise you. Oh wait, no I am not. You are dumber than shit. The fact is, well in my opinion, anyway, that this whole idea that the Democrats are racist slavers and KKK and the rest of that is really ingenuous. It is something folks on the right like to throw around to piss off leftists. Dems used to be mainstream in the 1950s, for example. Then some of them got a little uppity and joined forces with the GOP because they did not like the Dem's move toward including negroes. Thus, you had a GOP with the traditional Republicans whose focus was on fiscal and defense policies and some folks who just didn't like blacks. The latter used to be Democrats. The Democrat party starting turning progressive, causing there to be factions of leftist leaners, Blue Dogs, and moderates. It has now evolved to the party of leftists, while the GOP is factionalized between traditional Republicans, moral conservatives, and populists.

In other words, party composition and evolution is a complex issue. Technically, saying that the Dems are the party of the KKK, while maybe technically true, ignores history. I know that my take is not going to be popular with many on the right, but there it is.
In My Vaunted Opinion IMVO----the donkey is temporarily
pixilated

Fort Sumter wasnt in US territory.
Its still US territory. Its still a US base. They still attacked it.

Protip list of countries that attacked US troops on US territory:
1. Mexico.
2. CSA.
3. Japan.
4. Al Qaeda.

Lee still tortured his slaves. Lee still committed treason against the US. He is a traitor. He was only kept alive because the US didn't want guerrilla war for years and Lee promised to help end the fighting .

Forum List

Back