Monuments of Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee should be respected. American politicians must protect confederate statues.

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
The slavery argument is a non-starter. Because black Africans owned white slaves.

Slaves in America were sometimes treated with respect by their masters. Same thing in Africa. 1 Million Europeans were enslaved by Africans and they were treated differently.

Take for example Stonewall Jackson. The relationship between him and his slave cook Jim Lewis was one of respect and dignity.

The barbaric destruction of confederate statues in 2016 by blm/antifa was wrong. It has zero basis in history and it is totally one-sided. Nobody is destroying statues of the many many African slave owners of history. The statues of people like Mansa Musa, who owned thousands of slaves are standing tall all throughout Africa….. as they should be.

Modern Republicans who mocks the Democrat party of the 20th century or attempts to say “that Republicans ended slavery” or something like that are wrong . Not necessarily shame on them, but they are arguing from a position of ignorance.

And Dixiecrats did a lot of good things to help poor white people and poor Black people.

Families were torn apart in the Civil War brothers, fought against each other. So we should honor the monuments of the confederate soldiers, and they should be rebuilt, and wherever they are standing, they must continue to stand tall. And God blessed the men and women of America, who fought on both sides of the Civil War.

Confederate soldiers and union soldiers and officers respected each other.

Last edited:
The Civil War was a monumental event in American history. And to attempt to sum up the confederates, as “traitors” is from a position of ignorance. These were indeed Christian people. They were family men. They were good men. They owned slaves, some of them only some of them… not even most of them. But if people want to complain about the slavery aspect, that’s a non-starter because at the same time as the CSA states existing ….Africans owned slaves, Asians and Jews owned slaves.

Some historians have suggested that eventually the confederate states would’ve abolished slavery anyways.

The slavery argument is a non-starter. Because black Africans owned white slaves.

Slaves in America were sometimes treated with respect by their masters. Same thing in Africa. 1 Million Europeans were enslaved by Africans and they were treated differently.

Take for example Stonewall Jackson. The relationship between him and his slave cook Jim Lewis was one of respect and dignity.

The barbaric destruction of confederate statues in 2016 by blm/antifa was wrong. It has zero basis in history and it is totally one-sided. Nobody is destroying statues of the many many African slave owners of history. The statues of people like Mansa Musa, who owned thousands of slaves are standing tall all throughout Africa….. as they should be.

Modern Republicans who mocks the Democrat party of the 20th century or attempts to say “that Republicans ended slavery” or something like that are wrong . Not necessarily shame on them, but they are arguing from a position of ignorance.

And Dixiecrats did a lot of good things to help poor white people and poor Black people.

Families were torn apart in the Civil War brothers, fought against each other. So we should honor the monuments of the confederate soldiers, and they should be rebuilt, and wherever they are standing, they must continue to stand tall. And God blessed the men and women of America, who fought on both sides of the Civil War.

Statues of historic figures of our country should be protected, including confederate soldiers, as they are part of our shared history.

Statues of historic figures of our country should be protected, including confederate soldiers, as they are part of our shared history.
Agreed and at one point in his life Robert E Lee was an officer in the US Army. Along with quite a few confederate officers.

I would’ve liked to believe I would’ve stood for the union. But if I was born in the south, who knows…. would’ve been a difficult position. The Civil War did see quite a few examples of brother fighting brother.

You don't sound like you're concerned about the monuments nearly as much as you're promoting slavery for some reason?

I want to see a statue showing Jackson getting shot by his own men, or one where Bragg is watching his army getting annihilated by the nonTraitor Virginian Thomas and the Army of the Cumberland. Or we can have one where Nathan Forrest is putting his Klan hood on the first time to go terrorize and lynch of few African Americans.

I want to see a statue showing Jackson getting shot by his own men, or one where Bragg is watching his army getting annihilated by the nonTraitor Virginian Thomas and the Army of the Cumberland. Or we can have one where Nathan Forrest is putting his Klan hood on the first time to go terrorize and lynch of few African Americans.
If you have the money, hire a sculptor. Might look good in your garden.

I like that idea!
I have often wished I could get my hands on a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest, the father of cavalry tactics, on his horse. It would look great, overlooking the pool and protected by my fences on private property, giving it a good home. He actually operated in this area, and skirmished near Jackson.

i might say the same of the georgia guidestones.

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW . i'd go as far as white6 here, but the incidences of decent or benign slave owners are irrelevant. yes, slaves were allowed to use the bath room with out a union rep,

but that does not make cotton picker a better professiuob than auto worker.

Or we can have one where Nathan Forrest is putting his Klan hood on the first time to go terrorize and lynch of few African Americans.
He changed at the end, he left the Klan, and it is said that he had black friends. The reason I'm not in favor of canceling history is because it is very complicated, and nothing is as black and white as we think.

That said, while a daring officer and brave General he was, that does not warrant a statue (of him or any other Confederates), and the root cause of erecting these statues in the first place was to remind blacks who is in charge.

Put these statues in a museum.

i might say the same of the georgia guidestones.

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW . i'd go as far as white6 here, but the incidences of decent or benign slave owners are irrelevant. yes, slaves were allowed to use the bath room with out a union rep,

but that does not make cotton picker a better professiuob than auto worker.
Nor worse. It was just what was available in the south. I am old enough to remember it picked by hand back in the 1960s.

You don't sound like you're concerned about the monuments nearly as much as you're promoting slavery for some reason?
The United States is moving more and more into slavery again. And many Americans want it.

When do we get to see monuments to the 4 million who were slaves rather than those who enslaved them?

This man fought to enslave 4 million people
Definitely worthy of a monument

Last edited:
The United States is moving more and more into slavery again. And many Americans want it.
The rest of the world won't accept America adopting slavery again. That's an exaggeration.

But the race problem and the resultant racism problem needs to be dealt with in some way soon. I would suggest a large bump up of police brutality against non-whites to make the point clear.

Roosevelt's motive is pretty transparent on this one. It has nothing to do with any monuments and everything to do with anxiety over the cure taking too long.

The confederate thing was done to make peace with them after the war. That won't fly with dems, who want to erase history they don't like.

Atomic bomb vcation destroy.jpg

Forum List

Back