Question about Jews

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
They are Gods chosen. Or so the bible says. Maybe they are. Let's agree that this is truth. They are Gods favorites.

Shouldn't God's favorites believe that He sent his Son as savior? And if they continue to deny this, is this why they are still having so many problems as Jews? Is God punishing them for refusing to acknowledge Jesus as Savior even after the horrors they have suffered for so long and are still suffering? Wouldn't that kind of be a clue to them that maybe..just maybe...God is pissed and they need to wake the hell up?

I dunno. Which is why I am asking.

1) chosen in context means chosen to keep the messages, the reflection of, and manifestation of that Essence they are deeming the source and power of life=messengers of life. And the rules of the message, so the message stays entact, path stays in line with that nature and where we could and should be.
Many cultures were given similar messages even embedded in the errors and opposite theologies accidentally had hints and clues in them...just one group had to have done better in keeping that message of life thus better reflect the creators creatuon then the others who fall away. The 2major faiths teach death as paradise while to Judaism death is dirty and despised and seen unecessary thus they covet and treat creation with more respect including the inhabitants.

2) Rome did exactly what your posts logic is saying, they used to roll over the various cultures then turn around and claim themselves authority saying their gods must not favor them any more. Instead of seeing themselves and their behavior and being as the issue needing protection of thus changing. This still goes on today with their mob, they offer you protection, but its them you need orotection from. You inadvertantly admitted that all the evil cultures and acts agsinst Jews were not punishment, it was because those cultures did not chose life (Deut), nor live a more ethical, moral, higher standard that reflects the nature in life to always progress and evolve to higher being.

They are Gods chosen. Or so the bible says. Maybe they are. Let's agree that this is truth. They are Gods favorites.

Shouldn't God's favorites believe that He sent his Son as savior? And if they continue to deny this, is this why they are still having so many problems as Jews? Is God punishing them for refusing to acknowledge Jesus as Savior even after the horrors they have suffered for so long and are still suffering? Wouldn't that kind of be a clue to them that maybe..just maybe...God is pissed and they need to wake the hell up?

The reason Jews have had so many "problems" in the past is because they were nationless as a people. In an attempt at securing some measure of safety they would establish themselves in governing bodies of their host nation with a view to securing and furthering their interests. However, this never went un-noticed and, feeling threatened, the host nation would turn on them, hence the numerous expulsions from just about every country and kingdom in Europe.

Why Don’t Jews Believe In Jesus?

Why Don t Jews Believe In Jesus The difference between Judaism and Christianity

The Jews were chosen by God for a certain task. Jews will tell you that "chosen" does not equal "favoritism." Look at it as having two children and telling/choosing one to take care of the dishes tonight. That doesn't mean you favor him more than his brother--it just means you selected/chose him for a particular assignment.

The task God chose them for, as Jews understand it, is from them there will come a world leader (a messiah) that all the nations will look to. The nations will then wish to emulate Jewish ways and laws.

With Jesus' life, death, and resurrection, some Jews changed their thinking on the Messiah. They came to believe that the Messiah was a spiritual leader whose ways guide them in living/dedicating individual lives (not national lives) to God. Christians believe Jesus to be the Son of God, the second person of the Trinity, whereas Jews are certain of their belief that God did not--and never meant to--come to Earth and live among us. The Messiah, they insist, is merely a human man, descended from David, who will change the ways of the world--and the world will then honor Jews, not despise them. This is the task Jews believe they were chosen to undertake.

Finally, I do not believe God is punishing the Jews. Many Jews live every happy, productive, and fulfilling lives. I am more of the mind that while God bestows a multitude of love and caring among us as individuals, He is not as interested in the entities we call States, Governments, Nations. The way Jesus seemed to see it as working that if individuals are devoted to God and to changing their ways to the ways of God, those ways would work like yeast and we would begin to see more peaceful governments and nations.

Is God punishing them for refusing to acknowledge Jesus as Savior even after the horrors they have suffered for so long and are still suffering? Wouldn't that kind of be a clue to them that maybe..just maybe...God is pissed and they need to wake the hell up?

UGH...

Gracie, was Jesus mocked beaten and crucified because God was punishing him or pissed off at him?

I hate to break the news to you but 'the Jews' have always been right to reject out of hand the fake trinity and counterfeit Jesus perpetuated by Rome since 325 c.e.

Do you love Jesus? Do you worship a trinity because you are afraid of suffering? Do you think that living a smooth easy life out of fear is the way to eternal life? Think again.

Maybe you need to wake the hell up before God gets pissed off at you?

Last edited:

We Jews claim we're God's chosen. So consider the source. Chosen doesn't imply favorites though. It says we weren't chosen because we were the greatest but because we were the least among all the peoples. So all we can say is God likes an underdog. Also we were chosen to be the priest-class for the other peoples. My spin on that is we were chosen to be bound to 613+ commandments while you guys are only bound to 7. Not exactly my idea of 'favortism.' :)

In Judaism, God is a single indivisable unit. So no offspring or son is possible. Plus, more basicly, God isn't an organism that can reproduce itself as with having a son. When God wanted to create human life he had to do so using the basic building blocks of the planet they were to become a part of, dust of the Earth. Not literally dust mites I'd assume but perhaps atoms in a time before atoms were known of.

The son of God idea didn't come with Judaism any more than the ideas of Islam didn't come with Christianity. So if you think Jews should accept a 'johnny come lately' religious idea, ask yourself if you'd be ok being expected to adhere to Islamic ideas even if radically different than Christianity's.

In Judaism, God is a single indivisable unit. So no offspring or son is possible. Plus, more basicly, God isn't an organism that can reproduce itself as with having a son.

Son of God is just a relational metaphor indicating an intimate relationship with and knowledge of God above that of an ordinary prophet, a servant of God.

The term has nothing whatever to do with God having offspring , except figuratively, in the same way the expression 'Sons of Light' has nothing whatever to do with light having offspring.

In Judaism, God is a single indivisable unit. So no offspring or son is possible. Plus, more basicly, God isn't an organism that can reproduce itself as with having a son.

Son of God is just a relational metaphor indicating an intimate relationship with and knowledge of God above that of an ordinary prophet, a servant of God.

The term has nothing whatever to do with God having offspring , except figuratively, in the same way the expression 'Sons of Light' has nothing whatever to do with light having offspring.

A son of God has authority a metaphor does not.

I believe we need to ask Judeans that question, not Israelis.

A son of God has authority a metaphor does not.

Comprehension which is life itself is either granted or denied by God.

If you do not understand the metaphor it is because you have not been given the authority.

To you the truth remains classified information even when it is put right in front of your eyes.

Not even for "original sinners" who allegedly, were kicked out of a Garden for acquiring and possessing (Perfect) knowledge of Good and Evil and may also intend, to reach for godhood from the Tree of Life instead of Individual responsibility?

Not even for "original sinners" who allegedly, were kicked out of a Garden for acquiring and possessing (Perfect) knowledge of Good and Evil and may also intend, to reach for godhood from the Tree of Life instead of Individual responsibility?

Knowledge of good and evil can only result in confusion and will always remain imperfect without eating of the fruit of the tree of life, which is comprehension.

Knowledge of good and evil without understanding is as lifeless as a corpse without breath.

God's got a strange way of showing His favoritism.

Everyone suffers and dies, but only the righteous will have a place in the world to come.

Only those whose fruit is pleasing to the eye and good to eat will be gathered into the barn when the harvest comes.

Knowledge of good and evil can only result in confusion and will always remain imperfect without eating of the fruit of the tree of life, which is comprehension.

Knowledge of good and evil without understanding is as lifeless as a corpse without breath.
I thought it was about Perfect Knowledge, in the abstract--after all, an omniscient Being must have Perfect Knowledge of any given Thing within that cognizance.

We Jews claim we're God's chosen. So consider the source. Chosen doesn't imply favorites though. It says we weren't chosen because we were the greatest but because we were the least among all the peoples. So all we can say is God likes an underdog. Also we were chosen to be the priest-class for the other peoples. My spin on that is we were chosen to be bound to 613+ commandments while you guys are only bound to 7. Not exactly my idea of 'favortism.' :)

In Judaism, God is a single indivisable unit. So no offspring or son is possible. Plus, more basicly, God isn't an organism that can reproduce itself as with having a son. When God wanted to create human life he had to do so using the basic building blocks of the planet they were to become a part of, dust of the Earth. Not literally dust mites I'd assume but perhaps atoms in a time before atoms were known of.

The son of God idea didn't come with Judaism any more than the ideas of Islam didn't come with Christianity. So if you think Jews should accept a 'johnny come lately' religious idea, ask yourself if you'd be ok being expected to adhere to Islamic ideas even if radically different than Christianity's.
Actually, if you believe in Judaism, you should know the prophecies of the Messiah, yet so many deny that Jesus fulfilled many of those prophesies, and still has the potential to fulfill those that are left.

Here are 44 Scriptures that Jesus fulfilled.
44 Prophecies Jesus Christ Fulfilled
Prophecies About Jesus Old Testament
Scripture
New Testament
Fulfillment

1 Messiah would be born of a woman. Genesis 3:15 Matthew 1:20
Galatians 4:4
2 Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. Micah 5:2 Matthew 2:1
Luke 2:4-6
3 Messiah would be born of a virgin. Isaiah 7:14 Matthew 1:22-23
Luke 1:26-31
4 Messiah would come from the line of Abraham. Genesis 12:3
Genesis 22:18 Matthew 1:1
Romans 9:5
5 Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac. Genesis 17:19
Genesis 21:12 Luke 3:34
6 Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob. Numbers 24:17 Matthew 1:2
7 Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah. Genesis 49:10 Luke 3:33
Hebrews 7:14
8 Messiah would be heir to King David's throne. 2 Samuel 7:12-13
Isaiah 9:7 Luke 1:32-33
Romans 1:3
9 Messiah's throne will be anointed and eternal. Psalm 45:6-7
Daniel 2:44 Luke 1:33
Hebrews 1:8-12
10 Messiah would be called Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14 Matthew 1:23
11 Messiah would spend a season in Egypt. Hosea 11:1 Matthew 2:14-15
12 A massacre of children would happen at Messiah's birthplace. Jeremiah 31:15 Matthew 2:16-18
13 A messenger would prepare the way for Messiah Isaiah 40:3-5 Luke 3:3-6
14 Messiah would be rejected by his own people. Psalm 69:8
Isaiah 53:3 John 1:11
John 7:5
15 Messiah would be a prophet. Deuteronomy 18:15 Acts 3:20-22
16 Messiah would be preceded by Elijah. Malachi 4:5-6 Matthew 11:13-14
17 Messiah would be declared the Son of God. Psalm 2:7 Matthew 3:16-17
18 Messiah would be called a Nazarene. Isaiah 11:1 Matthew 2:23
19 Messiah would bring light to Galilee. Isaiah 9:1-2 Matthew 4:13-16
20 Messiah would speak in parables. Psalm 78:2-4
Isaiah 6:9-10 Matthew 13:10-15, 34-35
21 Messiah would be sent to heal the brokenhearted. Isaiah 61:1-2 Luke 4:18-19
22 Messiah would be a priest after the order of Melchizedek. Psalm 110:4 Hebrews 5:5-6
23 Messiah would be called King. Psalm 2:6
Zechariah 9:9 Matthew 27:37
Mark 11:7-11
24 Messiah would be praised by little children. Psalm 8:2 Matthew 21:16
25 Messiah would be betrayed. Psalm 41:9
Zechariah 11:12-13 Luke 22:47-48
Matthew 26:14-16
26 Messiah's price money would be used to buy a potter's field. Zechariah 11:12-13 Matthew 27:9-10
27 Messiah would be falsely accused. Psalm 35:11 Mark 14:57-58
28 Messiah would be silent before his accusers. Isaiah 53:7 Mark 15:4-5
29 Messiah would be spat upon and struck. Isaiah 50:6 Matthew 26:67
30 Messiah would be hated without cause. Psalm 35:19
Psalm 69:4 John 15:24-25
31 Messiah would be crucified with criminals. Isaiah 53:12 Matthew 27:38
Mark 15:27-28
32 Messiah would be given vinegar to drink. Psalm 69:21 Matthew 27:34
John 19:28-30
33 Messiah's hands and feet would be pierced. Psalm 22:16
Zechariah 12:10 John 20:25-27
34 Messiah would be mocked and ridiculed. Psalm 22:7-8 Luke 23:35
35 Soldiers would gamble for Messiah's garments. Psalm 22:18 Luke 23:34
Matthew 27:35-36
36 Messiah's bones would not be broken. Exodus 12:46
Psalm 34:20 John 19:33-36
37 Messiah would be forsaken by God. Psalm 22:1 Matthew 27:46
38 Messiah would pray for his enemies. Psalm 109:4 Luke 23:34
39 Soldiers would pierce Messiah's side. Zechariah 12:10 John 19:34
40 Messiah would be buried with the rich. Isaiah 53:9 Matthew 27:57-60
41 Messiah would resurrect from the dead. Psalm 16:10
Psalm 49:15 Matthew 28:2-7
Acts 2:22-32
42 Messiah would ascend to heaven. Psalm 24:7-10 Mark 16:19
Luke 24:51
43 Messiah would be seated at God's right hand. Psalm 68:18
Psalm 110:1 Mark 16:19
Matthew 22:44
44 Messiah would be a sacrifice for sin. Isaiah 53:5-12 Romans 5:6-8

But, the Jews missed their Messiah, and they can't stand to admit that, yet, someday, they won't have a choice, for if I am right, they will bow down, even if they don't want to, or even if they have already died. And that really bothers them, imagine, guno having to bow down to Jesus, won't that be a sight.

Forum List

Back