Question about Jews

In Judaism, God is a single indivisable unit. So no offspring or son is possible. Plus, more basicly, God isn't an organism that can reproduce itself as with having a son.

Son of God is just a relational metaphor indicating an intimate relationship with and knowledge of God above that of an ordinary prophet, a servant of God.

The term has nothing whatever to do with God having offspring , except figuratively, in the same way the expression 'Sons of Light' has nothing whatever to do with light having offspring.
So, who was God talking to, when He said, 'Let Us make man in Our image'?

They are Gods chosen. Or so the bible says. Maybe they are. Let's agree that this is truth. They are Gods favorites.

Shouldn't God's favorites believe that He sent his Son as savior? And if they continue to deny this, is this why they are still having so many problems as Jews? Is God punishing them for refusing to acknowledge Jesus as Savior even after the horrors they have suffered for so long and are still suffering? Wouldn't that kind of be a clue to them that maybe..just maybe...God is pissed and they need to wake the hell up?

I dunno. Which is why I am asking.

Greetings, Gracie:),

First, it should be clarified that the Jews ARE NOT "God's favorites," as you declared...

The New Testament in reality puts an end to racial "favoritism," but today's preachers of Christianity are under the control of CORRUPT people who tell them to exalt the Jews...

The truth of the matter, is that the NEW Testament ends racial "favoritism." Galatians 3:28 in the Bible says:

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

This tells us Ma'am that in Christ there is no racial distinction ("favoritism,") but CORRUPT preachers are brainwashing people today with lies.

...also, I would like to cite 1 John 2:23 from the New Testament (which the Jews do REJECT as the Word of God...)...1 John 2:23 says,

"Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also."

As the Jews DENY Jesus, they do not even have God let alone being His "favorites"...THIS IS REALITY but most people today have been BRAINWASHED by corrupt preachers.

Peace and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

They are Gods chosen. Or so the bible says. Maybe they are. Let's agree that this is truth. They are Gods favorites.

Shouldn't God's favorites believe that He sent his Son as savior? And if they continue to deny this, is this why they are still having so many problems as Jews? Is God punishing them for refusing to acknowledge Jesus as Savior even after the horrors they have suffered for so long and are still suffering? Wouldn't that kind of be a clue to them that maybe..just maybe...God is pissed and they need to wake the hell up?

We Jews claim we're God's chosen. So consider the source. Chosen doesn't imply favorites though. It says we weren't chosen because we were the greatest but because we were the least among all the peoples. So all we can say is God likes an underdog. Also we were chosen to be the priest-class for the other peoples. My spin on that is we were chosen to be bound to 613+ commandments while you guys are only bound to 7. Not exactly my idea of 'favortism.' :)

In Judaism, God is a single indivisable unit. So no offspring or son is possible. Plus, more basicly, God isn't an organism that can reproduce itself as with having a son. When God wanted to create human life he had to do so using the basic building blocks of the planet they were to become a part of, dust of the Earth. Not literally dust mites I'd assume but perhaps atoms in a time before atoms were known of.

The son of God idea didn't come with Judaism any more than the ideas of Islam didn't come with Christianity. So if you think Jews should accept a 'johnny come lately' religious idea, ask yourself if you'd be ok being expected to adhere to Islamic ideas even if radically different than Christianity's.

Do you like being discussed as if we were some sort of commodity?

You have to consider as well this is translation over thousands of years. Word given to Moses by God in Genesis. "Our own" "thine" whatever.
Scripture continues to support scripture throughout thousands of years of writings and prophecy.
Jesus came as a reconciliation. Given by God. In the Garden Adam and Eve were given a choice and chose to try and be like God. Knowing the difference between good and evil. It seems we still do not know that today.

Last edited:

We could technically believe God sent us a savior, we believed in that already (Through Moses, the master of Rabbis). What Jews don't agree on is the part when you say he is God's son, or God in flesh. God is a divine spirt, which cannot be through flesh. How can God have a son? All Jews are God's sons.

Are Jews only ones who have troubles? Don't Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, have trouble? In Judaism there is what is called 'Hester Panim', in Hebrew meaning 'The Hiding God'. God decided to hide his face from his creation, and to let them suffer the consequences of their actions to make them see they're on a wrong path. That they don't respect each other, that the don't share free love, patience, don't do enough good deeds, etc.

That's far more acceptable explanation to Jews, than God wanting us to believe in a man.

In Judaism, God is a single indivisable unit. So no offspring or son is possible. Plus, more basicly, God isn't an organism that can reproduce itself as with having a son.

Son of God is just a relational metaphor indicating an intimate relationship with and knowledge of God above that of an ordinary prophet, a servant of God.

The term has nothing whatever to do with God having offspring , except figuratively, in the same way the expression 'Sons of Light' has nothing whatever to do with light having offspring.
So, who was God talking to, when He said, 'Let Us make man in Our image'?

To his angels.

Did not the old testament speak of a Messiah? And is not the old testament that which Jews follow? So why did they doubt God would send Jesus..another Jew, to be THE messiah?

Commandment Two: You shall have no Gods beside Me.

We could technically believe God sent us a savior, we believed in that already (Through Moses, the master of Rabbis). What Jews don't agree on is the part when you say he is God's son, or God in flesh. God is a divine spirt, which cannot be through flesh. How can God have a son? All Jews are God's sons.

Are Jews only ones who have troubles? Don't Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, have trouble? In Judaism there is what is called 'Hester Panim', in Hebrew meaning 'The Hiding God'. God decided to hide his face from his creation, and to let them suffer the consequences of their actions to make them see they're on a wrong path. That they don't respect each other, that the don't share free love, patience, don't do enough good deeds, etc.

That's far more acceptable explanation to Jews, than God wanting us to believe in a man.
How can God have a son? The same way He created the heavens and earth I suppose. Is He not all powerful? You cannot say God can't...when He very well can. Right?

That is a head scratcher, yep. If Jesus was His Son, and people worship Jesus as they do God, that means Jesus was really God. Oy. Head. Ache.

Did not the old testament speak of a Messiah? And is not the old testament that which Jews follow? So why did they doubt God would send Jesus..another Jew, to be THE messiah?

Because the Messiah is supposed to come at the end of days.

Which isn't here yet, if you didn't notice.
Looks like the end of days to me. But I digress. So what is gonna happen when Jesus RETURNS? Will Jews still deny Him and wait for the fake one?

How can God have a son? The same way He created the heavens and earth I suppose. Is He not all powerful? You cannot say God can't...when He very well can. Right?

Is that like asking if God can create a stone he cannot flip?

Of course God can, God is all mighty, but if God brings a son which you're supposed to worship, then that's not Monotheism, which goes against the very core of the Jewish belief. At the same way, we can ask you, how can you believe that a man in the flesh, is God? That's crazy.

Same thing.

That is a head scratcher, yep. If Jesus was His Son, and people worship Jesus as they do God, that means Jesus was really God. Oy. Head. Ache.

No. Jesus breaks the second commandment.

Because the Messiah is supposed to come at the end of days.

Which isn't here yet, if you didn't notice.
Looks like the end of days to me. But I regress. So what is gonna happen when Jesus RETURNS? Will Jews still deny Him and wait for the fake one?

If that's indeed occurs, then it's not your problem, it's the Jews', now, isn't it?

You're all alright.

AND for the record...I asked because I am really wanting to understand it all according to Jewish beliefs. I mean, really. It amazes me the trials and tribulations they have gone thru..and horribly I might add...and still have probs. And they still deny Jesus as the messiah. Two and two make four. So..I don't get it.

You have broken the second commandment. It really is that simple.

AND for the record...I asked because I am really wanting to understand it all according to Jewish beliefs. I mean, really. It amazes me the trials and tribulations they have gone thru..and horribly I might add...and still have probs. And they still deny Jesus as the messiah. Two and two make four. So..I don't get it.

You don't understand it, just like Jews don't understand Christianity. We don't understand how come people don't pray to God, but pray to Mary (a female Goddess?) and Jesus (A Jewish figure). You have all kind of saints, which we can understand, but the rest is pretty much gibberish to us like Judaism is to you.

Nontheless, it's a fascinating religion.

Maybe I'm weird, and sometimes I feel guilty, but when I do pray, I always pray to God. Not Jesus. Then I remember and say "oh, and you too, Jesus. Thank you and Amen".
I also think they are separate entities. God is God. Jesus was planted in a woman and God called Him His son but He was not God cuz if He was, He wouldn't have said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do". He would have said "I will forgive them because they know not what they do" if he were really God. But that's me. I have a topsy turvy path that is all my own, lol.
I don't get the Mary worship either. She was just a vessel. But that's another subject about Catholics and this one is about Jews.

Forum List

Back