Question about Jews

Early Christianity jumped through hoops trying to find ways to justify breaking the second commandment. It caused a major split then.

They are still doing it today.

In Judaism, God is a single indivisable unit. So no offspring or son is possible. Plus, more basicly, God isn't an organism that can reproduce itself as with having a son.

Son of God is just a relational metaphor indicating an intimate relationship with and knowledge of God above that of an ordinary prophet, a servant of God.

The term has nothing whatever to do with God having offspring , except figuratively, in the same way the expression 'Sons of Light' has nothing whatever to do with light having offspring.
So, who was God talking to, when He said, 'Let Us make man in Our image'?

To his angels.
Why would He have wanted to create man to be like Lucifer and his minions? It says in the Gospel of John, in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus is the Word, and He was there in the beginning.

Through 2000 years of teaching, the Jews have come to believe that their Messiah is yet to come, they just don't yet realize that when their Messiah comes(back) it will be as a Lion, and not the Lamb, and all those prophesies about the Messiah that has yet to be fulfilled, will be completed, yet even then, most will refuse to believe. And not just the Jews, but most of the Gentiles as well.

Early Christianity jumped through hoops trying to find ways to justify breaking the second commandment.

So you are saying that anyone that worships Jesus is breaking the commandment because He is seen as God reincarnate?

They are Gods chosen. Or so the bible says. Maybe they are. Let's agree that this is truth. They are Gods favorites.

Shouldn't God's favorites believe that He sent his Son as savior? And if they continue to deny this, is this why they are still having so many problems as Jews? Is God punishing them for refusing to acknowledge Jesus as Savior even after the horrors they have suffered for so long and are still suffering? Wouldn't that kind of be a clue to them that maybe..just maybe...God is pissed and they need to wake the hell up?

I dunno. Which is why I am asking.

we don't believe in false prophets. but thanks anyway.

Early Christianity jumped through hoops trying to find ways to justify breaking the second commandment.

So you are saying that anyone that worships Jesus is breaking the commandment because He is seen as God reincarnate?

I'm telling you point blank that Jesus breaks the second commandment.

In Judaism, God is a single indivisable unit. So no offspring or son is possible. Plus, more basicly, God isn't an organism that can reproduce itself as with having a son.

Son of God is just a relational metaphor indicating an intimate relationship with and knowledge of God above that of an ordinary prophet, a servant of God.

The term has nothing whatever to do with God having offspring , except figuratively, in the same way the expression 'Sons of Light' has nothing whatever to do with light having offspring.

To his angels.
Why would He have wanted to create man to be like Lucifer and his minions? It says in the Gospel of John, in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Through 2000 years of teaching, the Jews have come to believe that their Messiah is yet to come, they just don't yet realize that when their Messiah comes(back) it will be as a Lion, and not the Lamb, and all those prophesies about the Messiah that has yet to be fulfilled, will be completed, yet even then, most will refuse to believe. And not just the Jews, but most of the Gentiles as well.

jesus is only the "word" if that is your belief. it is yours and it doesn't agree with the beliefs of a lot of the rest of us.

To his angels.

Then what's in it to you, if you're such a flawless righteous believer, what do you care? you're place in heaven is guaranteed.

And...isn't the holy spirit just really strong faith? I dunno. It's all really kinda confusing.

To his angels.

We say angles, and you jump to Lucifer? Nice.

Lucifer is no angel, Lucifer didn't have any place among angels to start with.

They are Gods chosen. Or so the bible says. Maybe they are. Let's agree that this is truth. They are Gods favorites.

Shouldn't God's favorites believe that He sent his Son as savior? And if they continue to deny this, is this why they are still having so many problems as Jews? Is God punishing them for refusing to acknowledge Jesus as Savior even after the horrors they have suffered for so long and are still suffering? Wouldn't that kind of be a clue to them that maybe..just maybe...God is pissed and they need to wake the hell up?

Commandment Two: You shall have no Gods beside Me.
That's actually number 1. And its, Thou shall have no other gods before Me.

Number 2 is: Thou shall not make unto thee any graven image.

And...isn't the holy spirit just really strong faith? I dunno. It's all really kinda confusing.

The Hebrew word for God, Holy spirit, or any other name is "Shekhina". Which basically means "Being". something that is. God's full name, which is not pronounced by Jews, also means "Being". It's all the same word in different roots.

Or statue.

That's actually number 1. And its, Thou shall have no other gods before e.

Did not the old testament speak of a Messiah? And is not the old testament that which Jews follow? So why did they doubt God would send Jesus..another Jew, to be THE messiah?

Because the Messiah is supposed to come at the end of days.

Which isn't here yet, if you didn't notice.
Christians have been proclaiming the end of days for 1975 years or so, and if you study the Scriptures you can see, that not all the prophesies of the Messiah were centered around the end of days.

No. It's number 2. It's only number 1 for Christians.

1. I am the Lord thy God
2. You shall have no Gods beside me.

Did not the old testament speak of a Messiah? And is not the old testament that which Jews follow? So why did they doubt God would send Jesus..another Jew, to be THE messiah?

Because the Messiah is supposed to come at the end of days.

Which isn't here yet, if you didn't notice.
Looks like the end of days to me. But I digress. So what is gonna happen when Jesus RETURNS? Will Jews still deny Him and wait for the fake one?
It is Written, that every head will bow, and every knee will bend, and all will know who is the Lord.

To me, that means, all that live, and all that have died, and every creature of the earth and the heavens.

AND for the record...I asked because I am really wanting to understand it all according to Jewish beliefs. I mean, really. It amazes me the trials and tribulations they have gone thru..and horribly I might add...and still have probs. And they still deny Jesus as the messiah. Two and two make four. So..I don't get it.

You don't understand it, just like Jews don't understand Christianity. We don't understand how come people don't pray to God, but pray to Mary (a female Goddess?) and Jesus (A Jewish figure). You have all kind of saints, which we can understand, but the rest is pretty much gibberish to us like Judaism is to you.

Nontheless, it's a fascinating religion.
I don't get the praying to Mary thing either, I know Jesus said, if you ask it in My name, it shall be given to you, so I pray in Jesus' name, but I don't know where the HRCC decided to pray to Mary or any other Saint, for that reason.

Maybe I'm weird, and sometimes I feel guilty, but when I do pray, I always pray to God. Not Jesus. Then I remember and say "oh, and you too, Jesus. Thank you and Amen".
I also think they are separate entities. God is God. Jesus was planted in a woman and God called Him His son but He was not God cuz if He was, He wouldn't have said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do". He would have said "I will forgive them because they know not what they do" if he were really God. But that's me. I have a topsy turvy path that is all my own, lol.
I don't get the Mary worship either. She was just a vessel. But that's another subject about Catholics and this one is about Jews.
While He was on this earth, before His resurrection, Jesus was as human as you or me, He just had more faith, for what would it have benefited man, if God came to earth, and did not learn how man lived? If He were God, then the temptation in the desert would mean nothing, and Lucifer would have known, that he was just wasting his time, but Lucifer knew Jesus was just a man, for that time. Jesus did not become God again until His resurrection.

That is why Jesus asked 'Father, why have You forsaken Me?' and the answer is because God could not look upon sin, and for the first time in eternity, God was separated from His son.

We Jews claim we're God's chosen. So consider the source. Chosen doesn't imply favorites though. It says we weren't chosen because we were the greatest but because we were the least among all the peoples. So all we can say is God likes an underdog. Also we were chosen to be the priest-class for the other peoples. My spin on that is we were chosen to be bound to 613+ commandments while you guys are only bound to 7. Not exactly my idea of 'favortism.' :)

In Judaism, God is a single indivisable unit. So no offspring or son is possible. Plus, more basicly, God isn't an organism that can reproduce itself as with having a son. When God wanted to create human life he had to do so using the basic building blocks of the planet they were to become a part of, dust of the Earth. Not literally dust mites I'd assume but perhaps atoms in a time before atoms were known of.

The son of God idea didn't come with Judaism any more than the ideas of Islam didn't come with Christianity. So if you think Jews should accept a 'johnny come lately' religious idea, ask yourself if you'd be ok being expected to adhere to Islamic ideas even if radically different than Christianity's.
Actually, if you believe in Judaism, you should know the prophecies of the Messiah, yet so many deny that Jesus fulfilled many of those prophesies, and still has the potential to fulfill those that are left.

Here are 44 Scriptures that Jesus fulfilled.
44 Prophecies Jesus Christ Fulfilled
Prophecies About Jesus Old Testament
Scripture
New Testament
Fulfillment

1 Messiah would be born of a woman. Genesis 3:15 Matthew 1:20
Galatians 4:4
2 Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. Micah 5:2 Matthew 2:1
Luke 2:4-6
3 Messiah would be born of a virgin. Isaiah 7:14 Matthew 1:22-23
Luke 1:26-31
4 Messiah would come from the line of Abraham. Genesis 12:3
Genesis 22:18 Matthew 1:1
Romans 9:5
5 Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac. Genesis 17:19
Genesis 21:12 Luke 3:34
6 Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob. Numbers 24:17 Matthew 1:2
7 Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah. Genesis 49:10 Luke 3:33
Hebrews 7:14
8 Messiah would be heir to King David's throne. 2 Samuel 7:12-13
Isaiah 9:7 Luke 1:32-33
Romans 1:3
9 Messiah's throne will be anointed and eternal. Psalm 45:6-7
Daniel 2:44 Luke 1:33
Hebrews 1:8-12
10 Messiah would be called Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14 Matthew 1:23
11 Messiah would spend a season in Egypt. Hosea 11:1 Matthew 2:14-15
12 A massacre of children would happen at Messiah's birthplace. Jeremiah 31:15 Matthew 2:16-18
13 A messenger would prepare the way for Messiah Isaiah 40:3-5 Luke 3:3-6
14 Messiah would be rejected by his own people. Psalm 69:8
Isaiah 53:3 John 1:11
John 7:5
15 Messiah would be a prophet. Deuteronomy 18:15 Acts 3:20-22
16 Messiah would be preceded by Elijah. Malachi 4:5-6 Matthew 11:13-14
17 Messiah would be declared the Son of God. Psalm 2:7 Matthew 3:16-17
18 Messiah would be called a Nazarene. Isaiah 11:1 Matthew 2:23
19 Messiah would bring light to Galilee. Isaiah 9:1-2 Matthew 4:13-16
20 Messiah would speak in parables. Psalm 78:2-4
Isaiah 6:9-10 Matthew 13:10-15, 34-35
21 Messiah would be sent to heal the brokenhearted. Isaiah 61:1-2 Luke 4:18-19
22 Messiah would be a priest after the order of Melchizedek. Psalm 110:4 Hebrews 5:5-6
23 Messiah would be called King. Psalm 2:6
Zechariah 9:9 Matthew 27:37
Mark 11:7-11
24 Messiah would be praised by little children. Psalm 8:2 Matthew 21:16
25 Messiah would be betrayed. Psalm 41:9
Zechariah 11:12-13 Luke 22:47-48
Matthew 26:14-16
26 Messiah's price money would be used to buy a potter's field. Zechariah 11:12-13 Matthew 27:9-10
27 Messiah would be falsely accused. Psalm 35:11 Mark 14:57-58
28 Messiah would be silent before his accusers. Isaiah 53:7 Mark 15:4-5
29 Messiah would be spat upon and struck. Isaiah 50:6 Matthew 26:67
30 Messiah would be hated without cause. Psalm 35:19
Psalm 69:4 John 15:24-25
31 Messiah would be crucified with criminals. Isaiah 53:12 Matthew 27:38
Mark 15:27-28
32 Messiah would be given vinegar to drink. Psalm 69:21 Matthew 27:34
John 19:28-30
33 Messiah's hands and feet would be pierced. Psalm 22:16
Zechariah 12:10 John 20:25-27
34 Messiah would be mocked and ridiculed. Psalm 22:7-8 Luke 23:35
35 Soldiers would gamble for Messiah's garments. Psalm 22:18 Luke 23:34
Matthew 27:35-36
36 Messiah's bones would not be broken. Exodus 12:46
Psalm 34:20 John 19:33-36
37 Messiah would be forsaken by God. Psalm 22:1 Matthew 27:46
38 Messiah would pray for his enemies. Psalm 109:4 Luke 23:34
39 Soldiers would pierce Messiah's side. Zechariah 12:10 John 19:34
40 Messiah would be buried with the rich. Isaiah 53:9 Matthew 27:57-60
41 Messiah would resurrect from the dead. Psalm 16:10
Psalm 49:15 Matthew 28:2-7
Acts 2:22-32
42 Messiah would ascend to heaven. Psalm 24:7-10 Mark 16:19
Luke 24:51
43 Messiah would be seated at God's right hand. Psalm 68:18
Psalm 110:1 Mark 16:19
Matthew 22:44
44 Messiah would be a sacrifice for sin. Isaiah 53:5-12 Romans 5:6-8

But, the Jews missed their Messiah, and they can't stand to admit that, yet, someday, they won't have a choice, for if I am right, they will bow down, even if they don't want to, or even if they have already died. And that really bothers them, imagine, guno having to bow down to Jesus, won't that be a sight.

Belief in the eventual coming of the mashiach is a basic and fundamental part of traditional Judaism. It is part of Rambam's 13 Principles of Faith, the minimum requirements of Jewish belief. In the Shemoneh Esrei prayer, recited three times daily, we pray for all of the elements of the coming of the mashiach: ingathering of the exiles; restoration of the religious courts of justice; an end of wickedness, sin and heresy; reward to the righteous; rebuilding of Jerusalem; restoration of the line of King David; and restoration of Temple service.

The messianic concept was introduced later in the history of Judaism, during the age of the prophets. They note that the messianic concept is not explicitly mentioned anywhere in the Torah

However, traditional Judaism maintains that the messianic idea has always been a part of Judaism. The mashiach is not mentioned explicitly in the Torah, because the Torah was written in terms that all people could understand, and the abstract concept of a distant, spiritual, future reward was beyond the comprehension of some people. However, the Torah contains several references to "the End of Days" (acharit ha-yamim), which is the time of the mashiach; thus, the concept of mashiach was known in the most ancient times.

The term "mashiach" literally means "the anointed one," and refers to the ancient practice of anointing kings with oil when they took the throne. The mashiach is the one who will be anointed as king in the End of Days.

The word "mashiach" does not mean "savior." The notion of an innocent, divine or semi-divine being who will sacrifice himself to save us from the consequences of our own sins is a purely Christian concept that has no basis in Jewish thought. Unfortunately, this Christian concept has become so deeply ingrained in the English word "messiah" that this English word can no longer be used to refer to the Jewish concept. The word "mashiach" will be used throughout this page.

Some goyim 'think"that the term "mashiach" is related to the Hebrew term "moshiah" (savior) because they sound similar, but the similarity is not as strong as it appears to one unfamiliar with Hebrew. The Hebrew word "mashiach" comes from the root Mem-Shin-Chet, which means to paint, smear, or annoint. The word "moshiah" comes from the root Yod-Shin-Ayin, which means to help or save. The only letter these roots have in common is Shin, the most common letter in the Hebrew language. The "m" sound at the beginning of the word moshiah (savior) is a common prefix used to turn a verb into a noun. For example, the verb tzavah (to command) becomes mitzvah (commandment). Saying that "mashiach" is related to "moshiah" is a bit like saying that ring is related to surfing because they both end in "ing." :laugh2:

another thing the goyim cannot grasp is that the Torah has nothing to do with them or their godman. it was given to the Jews , not the goyim

example

1. The Jewish God never brought goyim or their ancestors out of Egypt! Ex 20:2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."
  2. The Lord has not given the goyim the promised land of Canaan! Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you"
  3. Since the Sabbath is a sign between God and fleshly Israel, there is nothing requiring the goyim to keep it! (Ex. 31:13,17; Ezek. 20:12, 20)
  4. If it was intended for all mankind, then why specifically say "strangers within your gates". Obviously the goyim (strangers) were never required at any point in earth history to keep the Sabbath. Here, maybe you can learn something today

We Jews claim we're God's chosen. So consider the source. Chosen doesn't imply favorites though. It says we weren't chosen because we were the greatest but because we were the least among all the peoples. So all we can say is God likes an underdog. Also we were chosen to be the priest-class for the other peoples. My spin on that is we were chosen to be bound to 613+ commandments while you guys are only bound to 7. Not exactly my idea of 'favortism.' :)

In Judaism, God is a single indivisable unit. So no offspring or son is possible. Plus, more basicly, God isn't an organism that can reproduce itself as with having a son. When God wanted to create human life he had to do so using the basic building blocks of the planet they were to become a part of, dust of the Earth. Not literally dust mites I'd assume but perhaps atoms in a time before atoms were known of.

The son of God idea didn't come with Judaism any more than the ideas of Islam didn't come with Christianity. So if you think Jews should accept a 'johnny come lately' religious idea, ask yourself if you'd be ok being expected to adhere to Islamic ideas even if radically different than Christianity's.
Actually, if you believe in Judaism, you should know the prophecies of the Messiah, yet so many deny that Jesus fulfilled many of those prophesies, and still has the potential to fulfill those that are left.

Here are 44 Scriptures that Jesus fulfilled.
44 Prophecies Jesus Christ Fulfilled
Prophecies About Jesus Old Testament
Scripture
New Testament
Fulfillment

1 Messiah would be born of a woman. Genesis 3:15 Matthew 1:20
Galatians 4:4
2 Messiah would be born in Bethlehem. Micah 5:2 Matthew 2:1
Luke 2:4-6
3 Messiah would be born of a virgin. Isaiah 7:14 Matthew 1:22-23
Luke 1:26-31
4 Messiah would come from the line of Abraham. Genesis 12:3
Genesis 22:18 Matthew 1:1
Romans 9:5
5 Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac. Genesis 17:19
Genesis 21:12 Luke 3:34
6 Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob. Numbers 24:17 Matthew 1:2
7 Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah. Genesis 49:10 Luke 3:33
Hebrews 7:14
8 Messiah would be heir to King David's throne. 2 Samuel 7:12-13
Isaiah 9:7 Luke 1:32-33
Romans 1:3
9 Messiah's throne will be anointed and eternal. Psalm 45:6-7
Daniel 2:44 Luke 1:33
Hebrews 1:8-12
10 Messiah would be called Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14 Matthew 1:23
11 Messiah would spend a season in Egypt. Hosea 11:1 Matthew 2:14-15
12 A massacre of children would happen at Messiah's birthplace. Jeremiah 31:15 Matthew 2:16-18
13 A messenger would prepare the way for Messiah Isaiah 40:3-5 Luke 3:3-6
14 Messiah would be rejected by his own people. Psalm 69:8
Isaiah 53:3 John 1:11
John 7:5
15 Messiah would be a prophet. Deuteronomy 18:15 Acts 3:20-22
16 Messiah would be preceded by Elijah. Malachi 4:5-6 Matthew 11:13-14
17 Messiah would be declared the Son of God. Psalm 2:7 Matthew 3:16-17
18 Messiah would be called a Nazarene. Isaiah 11:1 Matthew 2:23
19 Messiah would bring light to Galilee. Isaiah 9:1-2 Matthew 4:13-16
20 Messiah would speak in parables. Psalm 78:2-4
Isaiah 6:9-10 Matthew 13:10-15, 34-35
21 Messiah would be sent to heal the brokenhearted. Isaiah 61:1-2 Luke 4:18-19
22 Messiah would be a priest after the order of Melchizedek. Psalm 110:4 Hebrews 5:5-6
23 Messiah would be called King. Psalm 2:6
Zechariah 9:9 Matthew 27:37
Mark 11:7-11
24 Messiah would be praised by little children. Psalm 8:2 Matthew 21:16
25 Messiah would be betrayed. Psalm 41:9
Zechariah 11:12-13 Luke 22:47-48
Matthew 26:14-16
26 Messiah's price money would be used to buy a potter's field. Zechariah 11:12-13 Matthew 27:9-10
27 Messiah would be falsely accused. Psalm 35:11 Mark 14:57-58
28 Messiah would be silent before his accusers. Isaiah 53:7 Mark 15:4-5
29 Messiah would be spat upon and struck. Isaiah 50:6 Matthew 26:67
30 Messiah would be hated without cause. Psalm 35:19
Psalm 69:4 John 15:24-25
31 Messiah would be crucified with criminals. Isaiah 53:12 Matthew 27:38
Mark 15:27-28
32 Messiah would be given vinegar to drink. Psalm 69:21 Matthew 27:34
John 19:28-30
33 Messiah's hands and feet would be pierced. Psalm 22:16
Zechariah 12:10 John 20:25-27
34 Messiah would be mocked and ridiculed. Psalm 22:7-8 Luke 23:35
35 Soldiers would gamble for Messiah's garments. Psalm 22:18 Luke 23:34
Matthew 27:35-36
36 Messiah's bones would not be broken. Exodus 12:46
Psalm 34:20 John 19:33-36
37 Messiah would be forsaken by God. Psalm 22:1 Matthew 27:46
38 Messiah would pray for his enemies. Psalm 109:4 Luke 23:34
39 Soldiers would pierce Messiah's side. Zechariah 12:10 John 19:34
40 Messiah would be buried with the rich. Isaiah 53:9 Matthew 27:57-60
41 Messiah would resurrect from the dead. Psalm 16:10
Psalm 49:15 Matthew 28:2-7
Acts 2:22-32
42 Messiah would ascend to heaven. Psalm 24:7-10 Mark 16:19
Luke 24:51
43 Messiah would be seated at God's right hand. Psalm 68:18
Psalm 110:1 Mark 16:19
Matthew 22:44
44 Messiah would be a sacrifice for sin. Isaiah 53:5-12 Romans 5:6-8

But, the Jews missed their Messiah, and they can't stand to admit that, yet, someday, they won't have a choice, for if I am right, they will bow down, even if they don't want to, or even if they have already died. And that really bothers them, imagine, guno having to bow down to Jesus, won't that be a sight.

Forum List

Back