No gas vehicles in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Nothing wrong with digging up and mining the resources for batteries. They are limitless and have no effect on the environment whatsoever.
Excellent plan. Push the problem of limited resources down the road about 5 years. We can argue about the enormous amount of used up batteries and their disposal of the unrecyclables later.

I see that GM is coming out with an electric Corvette. Problem is the newer vettes are ugly as sin. They look like transformer toys. Or like a Chinese body kit on a Fiero.

2050 or later this is going to happen.
In 2050 they'll be laughing at us and our gasoline powered cars.

Who will? The same idiots who 'guaranteed' that the Big Dig would be complete by the mid to late 90s for around $3 billion? You know who laughed a lot? The contractors who got paid for high quality cement but slipped it out in trucks in the middle of the night to go sell it in NH and replaced it with loose, watery gravel. Know who didn't laugh? The poor lady who was crushed to death by a 3 ton 'concrete slab that fell off the Ted Williams Tunnel because it had been held in place by cheap glue while another contractor pocketed the difference between that glue and the much more expensive bolts and high-quality epoxy that had been intended to prevent just such a tragic event. Maybe you don't know the Bay State very well. Might as well just cut to the chase and hand over bags of money to local pols and other crooks for a few decades.

In 30 years we will have solar farms in space where the sun never sets. Also crop and animal farms as well. We will be mining asteroids for their trillions in metals. Feel good politics never work.

How does it make sense to convert 1 million homes to all electric when America is swimming in natural gas reserves? The strain on their power grid will be enormous.

Not only that but happens to the grid when all those electric cars are charging because the idiots have prohibited gas powered vehicles?

By the way, there is 15% penalty in mileage when an electric vehicle uses AC. What the hell will it be to provide heat in those cold Mass winters? By the way, the same days when the sun ain't shinning to provide solar power to those all electric homes.

in the 70's during the oil embargo, there was so some interest in electric cars, but the technology was not there yet and it could not compete. 30 years later they are being mass produced in limited small car models. 2006 and Telsa Motors started making electric cars and other big automotive companies have also jump on this bandwagon. The big name brand auto dealers took noticed and started manufacturing their own makes and model.

Now they have to have the infrastructure to support the operation of these cars. Electric cars need to be more efficient.

The technology is there and all that left is the infrastructure to support it. If they improve distance on a charge and can go faster then it is game over. I wonder why some fear progress? Knowledge is a terrible thing especially when it takes you out of your comfort zone. Still that what freedom is about. The ability to grow and not be held back. Companies see the potential and do not want to be the last one to join the game.

How does it make sense to convert 1 million homes to all electric when America is swimming in natural gas reserves? The strain on their power grid will be enormous.
Natural gas will power a turbine right? Produce power..clean power? I see natural gas as a great bridge to green energy...and to weaning America off of FF vehicles.

first step is prying the FF industry's fingers off of our throats.

Natural gas will power a turbine right? Produce power..clean power? I see natural gas as a great bridge to green energy...and to weaning America off of FF vehicles.

Natural gas will power a turbine right? Produce power..clean power?

It currently produces clean home heat. Why lose efficiency by creating electricity first?

It currently produces clean home heat. Why lose efficiency by creating electricity first?
Good question..the answer is in the versatility of electricity vs gas. It's not a zero sum game..we can have both.....IMO.

Look at Cuba (Massachusetts South). They still have thousands of 1950's vehicles on the road. Eliminate sale of vehicles people want and they'll rehab the old ones for decades. I recall a period in the 1970s when I lived in a really rural state with lousy roads. The available new cars were crap - couldn't last a year. Mostly rusting out though lots of front-end failures (ball joints).

Along came a company that bought up ex-military 4x4s and rehabbed them to like-new condition. They sold every one they could get their hands on. A few are still in use today.

Where, oh where is Fidel Castro when Massachusetts needs him most?

Good question..the answer is in the versatility of electricity vs gas. It's not a zero sum game..we can have both.....IMO.

When I use natural gas to heat my home, it's pretty versatile.
And more efficient than generating electricity with natural gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back