For truckers driving EVs, there’s no going back

From my Award-Winning 2015 thread.
4i6Ckte.gif

‘Scandalous’ Solyndra Program Actually Earned Taxpayers A $5 Billion Profit

On homes it works.....to power the entire gridi it does not work......not even close.
I see idiots with those on their roofs here in MN on asphalt shingle roofs.
How well do they work with two feet of snow on them?

The homeowners are also in for a rude awakening when they eventually have to replace that roof and have the added cost of removing then replacing all those panels.

Electric savings...erased.

Who cares? You fuckwits are always moving the goalposts whenever you get your ass handed to you.

No, this has been a standard problem with EVs.....they take forever to charge.......and lose that charge faster in cold weather. That and the child slave labor to get the lithium and the pollution they generate ....

:laugh:

First cars, now trucks: Biden takes aim at tailpipe pollution
The EPA rule could prompt pushback from the truck industry, which has fought a rapid transition away from diesel-powered vehicles

Rayan Makarem worries about the air that his 2-year-old daughter breathes. More than 100 diesel-powered trucks rumble through their neighborhood every half an hour, spewing harmful pollutants linked to asthma and other health conditions.

The pollution in their community — and others like it nationwide — will be curbed under a climate change rule the Environmental Protection Agency finalized Friday. The rule will require manufacturers to slash emissions of greenhouse gases from new trucks, delivery vans and buses. Those limits, in turn, will reduce deadly particulate matter and lung-damaging nitrogen dioxide from such vehicles.

“Now that I have a 2-year-old kid, we actually try to avoid playing outside when there is bad air,” said Makarem, who lives in Kansas City, Kan., and is a spokesman for the Moving Forward Network, a group that advocates for reducing pollution in disadvantaged communities. “Hopefully, this is a step in the right direction.”

The EPA rule follows strict emissions limits for gas-powered cars aimed at accelerating the nation’s halting transition to electric vehicles. It marks the first time in more than two decades that the federal government has cracked down on pollution from diesel trucks.

The rule doesn’t go as far as Makarem and other environmental justice advocates would like. The Moving Forward Network had urged the EPA to require all new trucks to be zero-emission by 2035.

Yet EPA officials said the rule will not mandate the adoption of a particular zero-emission technology. Rather, it will require manufacturers to reduce emissions by choosing from several cleaner technologies, including electric trucks, hybrid trucks and hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles.

Forum List

Back