No gas vehicles in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it make sense to convert 1 million homes to all electric when America is swimming in natural gas reserves? The strain on their power grid will be enormous.
Natural gas will power a turbine right? Produce power..clean power? I see natural gas as a great bridge to green energy...and to weaning America off of FF vehicles.

first step is prying the FF industry's fingers off of our throats.

Natural gas will power a turbine right? Produce power..clean power?

It currently produces clean home heat. Why lose efficiency by creating electricity first?
Good question..the answer is in the versatility of electricity vs gas. It's not a zero sum game..we can have both.....IMO.
When I use natural gas to heat my home, it's pretty versatile.
And more efficient than generating electricity with natural gas.
Well...no--when you heat with it..that is its end use..and is the opposite of versatile..being tasked to one specific function..two if you cook with it as well.
While I hardly need remind you of the manifold uses for electricity, now do I?

Again, we can, and do, have both applications. Nothing wrong with building all- new natural gas generating facilities--along with scrapping older, less-efficient and polluting old ones as well.

When the smoke clears..the issue is not one of efficiency..but one of entrenched economic interests attempting to hold back the inevitable as long as possible while they reap the profits to that last drop...and then trying to dominate the new game--in their own good time.

Looks like those Libtard lunatics Democrats in commie Mass are going to do the same thing their idiot comrades in commie Kailfornia are planning to do.

What could possibly go wrong?

The sad thing is when everything tanks they will look for the Federal government to bail them out.

However, even worse than that when Mass becomes unlivable due to Environmental Wacko programs all those obnoxious shitheads will want to move to Florida.

BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts has released a plan to eliminate greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, which includes in part a requirement that all new cars sold in the state be electric by 2035 and converting 1 million homes from fossil fuel to electric heat.

The plan came in two reports issued Wednesday by the administration of Gov. Charlie Baker — the Massachusetts 2050 Decarbonization Roadmap Report and an interim 2030 Clean Energy and Climate Plan.

The reports detail policies and strategies to cost-effectively reduce emissions and combat climate change.

As part of the plan, state Energy and Environmental Affairs Secretary Kathleen Theoharides set an interim 2030 statewide emissions limit of 45% below 1990 levels.

“The people of Massachusetts are experiencing record droughts, increased risk of wildfire, severe weather, and flooding in our coastal communities,” Baker said in a statement. “The costly impacts of climate change are on display in the Commonwealth, making it critical that we take action.”

The goal of what the state calls a first-in-the-nation roadmap is designed to reach net zero emissions by 2050 affordably while maintaining a thriving economy.
What’s retarded is to continue to depend on non-renewable fossil-fuels.

The sad thing is conservatives standing in the way addressing real issues concerning the environment and climate.

2050 or later this is going to happen.

They are pushing legislation that would make it illegal to sell a new automobile that is NOT electric as soon as 2035. Guess I’ll have to make sure I buy a new car in 2034.

interestingly enough they want to push everyone to electric heat/water and off of gas/oil. That’s going to be cute to see how they try to do that.

Ford is also coming out with the Mustang Mach-E.

Yeah. Saw that a while back.

Looks like a Hyundai.

960x0.jpg

Looks like those Libtard lunatics Democrats in commie Mass are going to do the same thing their idiot comrades in commie Kailfornia are planning to do.

The sad thing is when everything tanks they will look for the Federal government to bail them out.

However, even worse than that when Mass becomes unlivable due to Environmental Wacko programs all those obnoxious shitheads will want to move to Florida.

BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts has released a plan to eliminate greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, which includes in part a requirement that all new cars sold in the state be electric by 2035 and converting 1 million homes from fossil fuel to electric heat.

The plan came in two reports issued Wednesday by the administration of Gov. Charlie Baker — the Massachusetts 2050 Decarbonization Roadmap Report and an interim 2030 Clean Energy and Climate Plan.

The reports detail policies and strategies to cost-effectively reduce emissions and combat climate change.

As part of the plan, state Energy and Environmental Affairs Secretary Kathleen Theoharides set an interim 2030 statewide emissions limit of 45% below 1990 levels.

“The people of Massachusetts are experiencing record droughts, increased risk of wildfire, severe weather, and flooding in our coastal communities,” Baker said in a statement. “The costly impacts of climate change are on display in the Commonwealth, making it critical that we take action.”

The goal of what the state calls a first-in-the-nation roadmap is designed to reach net zero emissions by 2050 affordably while maintaining a thriving economy.
Morons. Just where do they think all that electric is going to come from? Haven't they learned from the rolling black outs in California?

Liberals are not the best and brightest. They never learn from anything. Anybody that propose to what Kali and Mass are proposing is simply dumber than a door knob.
Addressing issues such as climate change isn’t going to ‘cost jobs.’

Policies which protect the environment aren’t going to ‘harm’ the economy.

Conservatives need to stop with the lies and fearmongering about the environment and climate change.

They are pushing legislation that would make it illegal to sell a new automobile that is NOT electric as soon as 2035. Guess I’ll have to make sure I buy a new car in 2034.

interestingly enough they want to push everyone to electric heat/water and off of gas/oil. That’s going to be cute to see how they try to do that.

There will be ways around it. There always is.

I don't even like the new styles of modern automobiles. They look like hipster nerd mobiles.

How does it make sense to convert 1 million homes to all electric when America is swimming in natural gas reserves? The strain on their power grid will be enormous.
Natural gas will power a turbine right? Produce power..clean power? I see natural gas as a great bridge to green energy...and to weaning America off of FF vehicles.

first step is prying the FF industry's fingers off of our throats.

Natural gas will power a turbine right? Produce power..clean power?

It currently produces clean home heat. Why lose efficiency by creating electricity first?
Good question..the answer is in the versatility of electricity vs gas. It's not a zero sum game..we can have both.....IMO.
When I use natural gas to heat my home, it's pretty versatile.
And more efficient than generating electricity with natural gas.
Well...no--when you heat with it..that is its end use..and is the opposite of versatile..being tasked to one specific function..two if you cook with it as well.
While I hardly need remind you of the manifold uses for electricity, now do I?

Again, we can, and do, have both applications. Nothing wrong with building all- new natural gas generating facilities--along with scrapping older, less-efficient and polluting old ones as well.

When the smoke clears..the issue is not one of efficiency..but one of entrenched economic interests attempting to hold back the inevitable as long as possible while they reap the profits to that last drop...and then trying to dominate the new game--in their own good time.

Well...no--when you heat with it..that is its end use..

And much more efficient than generating electricity with it first.

and is the opposite of versatile.

Allowing only electric heat is the opposite of versatile.

Nothing wrong with building all- new natural gas generating facilities--

Don't tell the Greens.

the issue is not one of efficiency..but one of entrenched economic interests

Are California's rolling blackouts....efficient? Or in anyone's economic interest?

I guess now in the post-link rhetorical economy you can just make shit up, fashion a "dateline", break the paragraphs so it looks like an actual news article, and slap it up on a message board. Because "vetting" is for animal doctors and Chevrolet drivers. :dunno:
Hell making shit up is what you leftists do best

Hydrogen? Awesome!!!

Where should we get it?

Technically speaking, if you know what you're doing you can run your existing motor on a bottle of water. Any old water will do. Even pond water. Emissionswould be nothing but water vapor. You could drive cross-country on just a few bottles even. Don't let em find out, though, they'll kill you. There's a lot of money to be made under the current Newtonian model and they'd like to keep it that way.

EVs work great here ... some businesses are putting in charging stations for their customers ... charge up for free while you shop ... I haven't fired up my gas heater here yet this winter, just using electric space heaters and my bill is about half ...

It does take longer to heat up my house ... I never run heat overnight ... now that I've established my two end points ... I'll be taking the rest of the winter to find my optimum trade-off ... although it might be too late, all this week we're due spring-like weather ... by mid-February, cold weather is done and time to start getting the house ready for hot weather ...

There will be ways around it. There always is.

My guess is that they’ll change the yearly safety and emissions inspection rules to phase out the ICE vehicles by 2050.

What I’m really waiting to see is how they are going to force us all to electric heat/hot water. Especially those of us who live in the areas of Municipal or small private electric companies. National Grid and Eversource may be able to subsidize customers converting. Unitil and the municipal electric companies won’t be able to.

Morons. Just where do they think all that electric is going to come from? Haven't they learned from the rolling black outs in California?

Liberals are not the best and brightest. They never learn from anything. Anybody that propose to what Kali and Mass are proposing is simply dumber than a door knob.
Addressing issues such as climate change isn’t going to ‘cost jobs.’

Policies which protect the environment aren’t going to ‘harm’ the economy.

Conservatives need to stop with the lies and fearmongering about the environment and climate change.

Bullshit!!!

I am a retired Environmental Engineer that spent 30 years dealing with the economics of pollution. I am not an expert on climate but I am better read than most of you stupid Moon Bats that don't know your ass from a hole in the ground on things like this.

I did quite a bit of research when I taught a few courses in Environmental Science at the college level after retiring. This man made climate change thingy is nothing more than unadulterated Environmental Wacko bullshit. It is political and not science based. there is absolutely no definitive proof that CO2 at man made levels are having a measurable effect on the climate. None. Nada. Only idiotic non scientific correlations and claims using false data and stupid computer models with shit in and shit out.

There is an economic break point where putting more money into pollution control doesn't make any sense at all.

For instance, when the EPA was formed and we initiated the first CAA, CWA RCRA SDWA, NPDES etc we, in a short period of time, cleaned up 80% of the pollution for 20% of the cost. That was very effective. Then we went after the 15% and that was 40% of the cost. Some people say it was worth it and others not. Now the stupid Environmental idiots want us to clean up the incremental amounts of pollution left at great economic cost and it ain't worth it by any reasonable measurement.

The US spends as much as the rest of the world combined in pollution control and environmental restoration. If you want to go after the real polluters in the world go after China Joe's Chicom buddies, not the people of Massachusetts. You know who the Chicom's are don't you? They are the ones that made Hunter (Bag Boy) Biden's cocaine dealer so rich.

As far as a stupid Green economy. That is a good way to destroy an economy. Just look at Spain as an example. They decided to create a Green economy and they came damn close to going bankrupt. It fails in every country.

California is a great example here in the states. It use to be the Golden States when the Conservatives were in charge. However, now with Democrat control and many stupid Green initiatives not only do they have rolling black outs but they lead the country in poverty, worst education, most debt and most regulations. People are leaving by the droves every day.

Green economics dictated by the stupid politically motivated Democrats and supported by you stupid Moon Bats will destroy an economy. Environmental wacko initiatives will always fail because they have to be subsidized by the government instead of relying on market forces.

Of course you Moon Bats don't know any more about Economics than you know about Climate Science, History, Biology, Ethics or the Constitution, do you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back