New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've updated the like/quote/reply buttons as well as the report/edit buttons to make them easier to see. Also, the forum hasn't been sold. It is the same owners who have owned it for the past 10+ years. As mentioned previously, the software HAD to be changed as the old software hasn't been supported by the company for about 2 years now and it is sufficiently old that it no longer works with the version of PHP on the web server without throwing tons of errors.

We are working to fix things, add features, etc... but Rome wasn't built in a day so it will take time.

nope.gif

I like it. Exactly like another board I frequent from time to time.
Are you sure you are not on that other group right now if it looks just like this?
Maybe that other group bought this one! Maybe you also own three cars all alike all yellow 2003 Kia Sportages too?

Just takes a few posts to figure out where everything is.
Good, then maybe you can tell me what happened to:
- drag-n-drop for adding pictures
- indenting paragraphs
- and adding bullets or columns of numbers?

Among other things.

These are all features I relied upon frequently to better format the readability of the text.
In the other thread they stated they are not through with adding everything back yet.

My deformed leg is back to normal! I'm cured! I can walk! Thank you!

We've updated the like/quote/reply buttons as well as the report/edit buttons to make them easier to see. Also, the forum hasn't been sold. It is the same owners who have owned it for the past 10+ years. As mentioned previously, the software HAD to be changed as the old software hasn't been supported by the company for about 2 years now and it is sufficiently old that it no longer works with the version of PHP on the web server without throwing tons of errors.

We are working to fix things, add features, etc... but Rome wasn't built in a day so it will take time.

Thanks! Yeah, keep working on it. Maybe you folks could start a thread of a "found bug" or "wish list" of people's likes or complaints. One other thing I wish you'd make easier to see is the "age" notation of when a post was made (time stamp). Believe it or not, that is very helpful for finding and following the timeline of a thread. As it is now, you must mouse over one post at a time to see how old the post is (some threads get bumped days, weeks, years old).

The repay button isn't giving my money back ... and why do I have to send the $100 subscription fees to India? ... the guy on the phone said I'd get a marketplace voucher ...
We are going to fix that..........send it to P.O Box .1234 Sucker City, New Jersey. 303320 in care of Sleepy Joe..........sorry for the mishap....

Great ... and thanx ... just add the money back to my credit card ... Visa 7358-2753-6824-7612 exp date 4/21 ... CV code 720 ...

Are you sure you are not on that other group right now if it looks just like this?
Maybe that other group bought this one! Maybe you also own three cars all alike all yellow 2003 Kia Sportages too?

- indenting paragraphs

Among other things.

These are all features I relied upon frequently to better format the readability of the text.

1. Ordered List,
  • Unordered List
Indent and​

Outdent are in the same position up top.

I've never used drag n drop for pics so not sure about that.

I only have one yellow 2003 Kia Sportage so that shouldn't be a problem. ;)

- indenting paragraphs

Among other things.

In the other thread they stated they are not through with adding everything back yet.
In another life I would have THANKED YOU but they took that away. :cryhug_1_:

- indenting paragraphs

Among other things.

You should be able to do all those things. It sounds like the BBCODE is turned off. Click on the gear icon in the message.
Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 9.49.11 AM.png

- indenting paragraphs

Among other things.

In another life I would have THANKED YOU but they took that away. :cryhug_1_:
Yeah, I know. You can like it. :26: I’m using that for the thank you right now. ;)

Why the change?

Because USMB’s policy is if it ain’t broke fix it!

I guess you figure if you beat people over the had with the same statement over and over and over eventually it'll become true? As we have told you repeatedly in the past... it was broken. Just because it wasn't broken FOR YOU doesn't mean it wasn't broken.

For the final time: The old software hasn't been supported for the past 2 years. Our server upgraded PHP and the old software BROKE. It was throwing errors constantly and some functions WERE BROKEN. In addition, it was broken on mobile interfaces... which now make up a good 70% of most internet traffic. So yes, the old software was BROKEN.

Not sure why or how this is so hard to comprehend.

I see that some here are unhappy with the change, with some loud complaints posted, especially about the ratings system.

From POST 31

Unfortunately the company stopped supporting the software we were running... so an upgrade was pretty much required. The old one had security errors, didn't work properly on mobile and doesn't support the version of PHP that the server is now running. We really had no choice....

Post 214,

As mentioned previously, the software HAD to be changed as the old software hasn't been supported by the company for about 2 years now and it is sufficiently old that it no longer works with the version of PHP on the web server without throwing tons of errors.

The OLD software had become a significant security issue, gotten too far out of date with the server...…, they had no choice but to upgrade to a new version, which means any add ons (Mods) are gone, which is probably why the old rating system is gone. There are trade offs from one version class to a newer version class, something beyond the control of the Owner and the hard working Administrators, who are trying to get this change over completed.

Personally I have little complaint about the change, it is a good one as far I can see, especially since the security and stability just increased ten fold, that it always GOOD!

- indenting paragraphs

Among other things.

1. Ordered List,
  • Unordered List
Indent and​

Outdent are in the same position up top.

I've never used drag n drop for pics so not sure about that.

I only have one yellow 2003 Kia Sportage so that shouldn't be a problem. ;)

AH! Found it! TX. Under the one place I hadn't looked! Now all grouped together under one LIST button. (I haven't been to bed yet).

Funny, I just /knew/ you owned a Yellow Sportage! Convertible too I bet! :3:

Now if you only had a bottle of very dark rum, I'd marry you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back