New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the change?

Because USMB’s policy is if it ain’t broke fix it!

I guess you figure if you beat people over the had with the same statement over and over and over eventually it'll become true? As we have told you repeatedly in the past... it was broken. Just because it wasn't broken FOR YOU doesn't mean it wasn't broken.

For the final time: The old software hasn't been supported for the past 2 years. Our server upgraded PHP and the old software BROKE. It was throwing errors constantly and some functions WERE BROKEN. In addition, it was broken on mobile interfaces... which now make up a good 70% of most internet traffic. So yes, the old software was BROKEN.

Not sure why or how this is so hard to comprehend.

SHHHHHHHHH

dont tell the idiots anything - let them wander around behind the little animals OR hit the trail carping about nothing .............. as usual.

Thanks mods & Mgmt. - nice place ya got here,

:up:

I like it. Exactly like another board I frequent from time to time.
Are you sure you are not on that other group right now if it looks just like this?
Maybe that other group bought this one! Maybe you also own three cars all alike all yellow 2003 Kia Sportages too?

Just takes a few posts to figure out where everything is.
Good, then maybe you can tell me what happened to:
- drag-n-drop for adding pictures
- indenting paragraphs
- and adding bullets or columns of numbers?

Among other things.

These are all features I relied upon frequently to better format the readability of the text.
In the other thread they stated they are not through with adding everything back yet.
In another life I would have THANKED YOU but they took that away. :cryhug_1_:

It's the Thumbs Up symbol along with other emoticons.

On the old format you could set the number of post you read per page 50, 100 and so on, here your limited to 15 per page. This sucks, is there a way to change it.

We've added the ability to change this from your Account Preferences page.

When I changed it and hit save, this came up.

Oops! We ran into some problems.

A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Edit - I keep trying and it wont let me change it.

At least they went to a square avatar picture frame...yesterday it was round and cut off my beautiful face and my captivating smile.....

It's an add-on -- it appears to be broken :( Sorry... I'll email the add-on author.

On the old format you could set the number of post you read per page 50, 100 and so on, here your limited to 15 per page. This sucks, is there a way to change it.

We've added the ability to change this from your Account Preferences page.

I bet youre smart enough to figure it out in 5-6 years.

Okay, listen up. I keep hitting the "like" thing to choose a face and then I click it wrong and keep giving posters "thumbs up" instead. Can't seem to find a way to delete it/take it back the way we used to be able to do. Is there a way?
if you hit the wrong one, click again without releasing, slide over to the one you meant to use, then click it. Just did it to your post here.
I think I just added a second "reaction" to your post. Ignore. Just trying to follow instructions, which didn't work.

Why the change?

Because USMB’s policy is if it ain’t broke fix it!
I seem to recall that there were problems that kept cropping up from time to time.

I seem to recall that there were problems that kept cropping up from time to time.

Glad to see you finally admit to it.
I can't understand why you post that, cry baby.

I see no way to keep up on the threads you have been following. I used to get a list of all watched threads with recent updates.

Now they are all mixed in with new threads

what other faces?

you mean smiles?

put your cursor over the 'like' button, they come up

We've updated the like/quote/reply buttons as well as the report/edit buttons to make them easier to see. Also, the forum hasn't been sold. It is the same owners who have owned it for the past 10+ years. As mentioned previously, the software HAD to be changed as the old software hasn't been supported by the company for about 2 years now and it is sufficiently old that it no longer works with the version of PHP on the web server without throwing tons of errors.

We are working to fix things, add features, etc... but Rome wasn't built in a day so it will take time.
You're doing awesome. Please keep working on darkening the rest of the text, like the timestamp, "report," etc. That baby blue is hard on us folks growing cataracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back