New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO WE ALL KNOW NOW: we no longer have drag and drop to insert files and images. Instead of a simple 2 second operation, now you have to open the attach box, find the appropriate menu for where the file is in your computer, then spend two minutes searching through all the files to find the right filespec that matches the one you are looking for! NICE!

A REAL IMPROVEMENT (sarcasm intended)

You can still use the html brackets. I don't use the drag and drop because typing is faster in some cases.

Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...
Kat, thanks for the update. I love the new look with the dark blue and flag color touches. I haven't read this thread yet, it already has 188 replies, but to all working on this update, so far so good, and thank you! :up: :TH_WAY~113: :cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
STUFF IS TOO FAINT NOW!
You can barely see the line separating posts.
You can barely see many things like EDIT, REPORT, etc.
And why does the Spellchecker work on and off?

Too many things can barely be seen now unless you happen to catch some faint field of gray and mouse over it to see what it is.
What're you on a phone ? If so go buy a Dell and put the damn phone down
View attachment 314260
I'm on a good computer and I'm having the same problem.

STUFF IS TOO FAINT NOW!
You can barely see the line separating posts.
You can barely see many things like EDIT, REPORT, etc.
And why does the Spellchecker work on and off?

Too many things can barely be seen now unless you happen to catch some faint field of gray and mouse over it to see what it is.
What're you on a phone ? If so go buy a Dell and put the damn phone down
View attachment 314260
I'm on a good computer and I'm having the same problem.

Ummm, operator issue usually, but it will get better... well I think... well maybe not...

One thing for sure it is brighter than before!!!:scared1:

Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...

Kaizen = good change.

Change for the sake of change is disruptive. I don't know how much functionality is lost. I know I can't find my post feed, but it's probably buried in this Facebook interface somewhere.

Can any mod explain why the new format is better?
What new features are available?

Seems many of the old features are gone. Looks like USMB Lite

Feedback here...

Kaizen = good change.

Change for the sake of change is disruptive. I don't know how much functionality is lost. I know I can't find my post feed, but it's probably buried in this Facebook interface somewhere.
Do you mean your content? Click on your name (takes you to profile) "Your content" is in the top box.

Feedback here...
Nobody leaves until ya put it back like it was!!!

kat.jpg

I like the fact that there aren't ads on the top of my phone, in the middle of my phone, on the bottom of my phone, and a video running in the corner. It got to the point of being unusable.

Okay, listen up. I keep hitting the "like" thing to choose a face and then I click it wrong and keep giving posters "thumbs up" instead. Can't seem to find a way to delete it/take it back the way we used to be able to do. Is there a way?

Is there any way to change the font size and view settings? Posts seem to get overshadowed by huge pics/gifs in people’s signature.

The new software should be much faster. In addition the site is now running encrypted via https and via http2. In addition, the new software has proper mobile support -- so you should now be able to use the site on a mobile browser without having to jump through hoops.
That's cool. I need to get "enkrypted" myself. Zero work in these parts. I have a couple gates to build but no steel deliveries for 2 plus weeks

Okay, listen up. I keep hitting the "like" thing to choose a face and then I click it wrong and keep giving posters "thumbs up" instead. Can't seem to find a way to delete it/take it back the way we used to be able to do. Is there a way?
if you hit the wrong one, click again without releasing, slide over to the one you meant to use, then click it. Just did it to your post here.

You can only “like” posts now? Too many snowflakes can’t handle being laughed at?

No, you can be angry or sad about a post, too... It looks a lot more like Facebook's like system.
I can't ever imagine being "angry" or "sad" over a post, except in very rare situations. But I can believe the Facebook thing, I believe this new software is designed to be standardized so as to be compatible with and interface with a data collection and rating system. Also, apparently the spell checker does not work now as you type and will not work properly until you save then go back into edit. Geesh. More typos.

Yes what about that data collection? I do not approve, I have not given my permission, this is a violation of privacy.

Yes the Spell Check is crap and is not even working at ALL and the Edit function is also crap and with that I am now going. Do not like this do not trust this, call me paranoid I do not care, I do not know who owns this forum, we all know the mods but they don't own the forum, we have no idea who owns the forum who they are Partnering with to use data collection and also possible personal information on those who do Wrong Think the way Facebook and Twitter do.

So too many negatives now, minimal if zero positives. Under the previous format they could get basically zero information if you just used the PMs, it was only when you posted they could get all the data from members, who knows if the PMs are even safe from violations of privacy now? Oh well, keep on keeping on.
My guess is the website was sold? It looks like a Facebook format now.

Either way terrible decision to go that way. Would hate to see you go, you’re one of the few intelligent and honest posters on the board.

C'mon, what's the deal? It's not hard to do. It's a little different but what's with all the griping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back