New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new software should be much faster. In addition the site is now running encrypted via https and via http2. In addition, the new software has proper mobile support -- so you should now be able to use the site on a mobile browser without having to jump through hoops.

It would be pretty slick if newer and fancier software could provide an option to view our favorite forums the way we got used to them. Maybe some kind of "classic" view for those of us who aren't as enthusiastic about learning to navigate something new.

From what I can tell so far, the new format looks nice, and I suspect whatever is new is great.

Remember everything is not finished...

It's quite clean for these times(attachments work fine too)
2020-03-12_6-52-40.png

Well already can't find a way to quote a part of a post but over yonder JustAnotherNut wrote:

WAIT....there may be a positive to this new change...……...when you quote someone, that quoted someone...…..you only get the last quote, instead of a full string of quotes. YIPPEE

That means if ya'll get into a pissin match over something...….your post won't blow up your alerts.

Maybe, but another downside is how most of it all is so much smaller, both text and the smileys...……...dammit, now I have to get new glasses

(end paste)

I don't think that's a good thing (losing the quote nest) if true --- that's your whole context of whatever the point was.

I do agree about the reading. This is almost impossible to see. Maybe we all need to enlarge our fonts in protest. That was called 18. It would appear default is somewhere around 14, which is not a choice, so you can go bigger or smaller.

I don't think that's a good thing (losing the quote nest) if true --- that's your whole context of whatever the point was.

If you highlight text in a message you can add that highlight to the multiquote queue, or you can reply directly to the highlighted portion. So the quote system is actually more advanced now.

As far as changing the divider between posts to make it more visible, I'm working on that now.

Edit: I see you were talking about nested quotes and we've installed an addon that allows nested quotes.

that's your whole context of whatever the point was.

yet all too often in those pissing matches, the argument went way beyond any point or context of the original quote. The actual point or context should be within the thread topic anyway. So I'm not upset if we lose the string one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back