My Catholic faith has become a liability -- where do I dump it?

How can I make myself STOP being a Catholic?

I am divorced.

That means if I ever have a girlfriend I am committing adultery.

If I get married I am denied the Eucharist, and then I go to hell.

I could get an annulment, but then I have to trash talk my ex-wife and then say we never really got married which I am unwilling to do.
Leave it in the past, Satan Peter behind you. You can find solace with a Protestant church and explore global scriptures and poetry music to find God is Love, and Taoism is the path to the Gates of Heaven on Earth, and if Peter is Satan, then St. Peter is the one at the Gates of hell. It's easy to be not Roman catholic, all you have to do is stay away from that church; and donate not to Roman catholic baskets or charities. There are better organizations to be charitable towards.
Become a Marxist!
If God doesn't exist then it don't matter and if hell doesn't exist you can't go there.
You can always get a priest to give you the last rites and repent, on your death bed as a sort of insurance policy!
Nah. I'm against Communism; as you can see the difference between say Baroque architecture and music compared to Soviet architecture and music; you can totally see what is more inspiring.
You don't have to be a commie!
Or pick an eastern religion - Buddhism, Taoism - I recommend the latter!
Agreed, But, I find that the combo of Confucianism as Merchant Class, Bourgeoisie, scripture combined with Taoist spirituality is awesome... Sun Tzu is scripture for the military.

I am divorced.

I could get an annulment, but then I have to trash talk my ex-wife and then say we never really got married which I am unwilling to do.
Dude. You been on a crises of faith thing for several months now. I wish you peace and God's grace.
The only way I'll have peace is to resign myself to being alone for the rest of my life.
That is just nuts....this is one of the few times I agree with Oddball.

It's not that easy.

I can't just choose not to believe.
Then don't stop believing.

It comes down to you being willing to accept the teachings of the church or not. If not, you need to find another church that fits what is actually in your heart. If you truly do believe the Catholic dogma around marriages then you are going to have to accept that you are not going to ever have a girlfriend. Accept what you cannot change and change what you cannot accept.

What do you actually believe?
I am 55 years old and could easily live another 30 years.

Do I live alone for 30 years and maybe go to heaven?

Do I try to get a girlfriend and a wife and end up in hell?
Heaven is overrated.

I am divorced.

Become an Episcopalian.

Catholic Lite®....All the fun, half the guilt.

BTW, I'm not joking.
They're ridiculous.

Who among you is without sin may cast the first stone....
And the mob had straw baskets filled with stones - hot to kill the village whore.

And Jesus delivered the line.....

And the mob faded away.

Except for one old woman. She had only one stone. Actually a pretty good size bolder under the weight of which she staggered.
She labored her way over to the whole, lying bound in the village square.

She dropped the rock.

The whore's skull split like a pumpkin on a suburban porch on Halloweed night.

Jesus sighed: Oh MA! Sometimes you REALLY get my ass!

It's not that easy.

It comes down to you being willing to accept the teachings of the church or not. If not, you need to find another church that fits what is actually in your heart. If you truly do believe the Catholic dogma around marriages then you are going to have to accept that you are not going to ever have a girlfriend. Accept what you cannot change and change what you cannot accept.

Heaven is overrated.
I'm younger than that and life isn't all that bad not having to deal with a woman daily.

Not sleeping snuggled up with your hand on a tit isn't the greatest, but in many other situations, removing the woman from the equation isn't super-awful.
Please don't tell me you need a woman to validate you.

It's not that easy.

Heaven is overrated.
I'm younger than that and life isn't all that bad not having to deal with a woman daily.

Not sleeping snuggled up with your hand on a tit isn't the greatest, but in many other situations, removing the woman from the equation isn't super-awful.
No. But in moments of weakness I sometimes need a man.

It's not that easy.

Heaven is overrated.

Nothing wrong with that, sweetie. :)
Something tells me I misquoted somehow, somewhere. o_O

It's not that easy.

Heaven is overrated.

Something tells me I misquoted somehow, somewhere.
the goodness gone rabid -

1592571146583.png

the desert religions have failed Garden Earth and in doing so, the Almighty.

don't tell them though their way is their books of forgeries and fallacies as the real religion of antiquity, triumph over evil, scares them.

I am divorced.

I am divorced and married again. I'm sure I could get an anullement for my first marriage - but why to do so? I accept it to be automatically excommunicated from some pieces of paper anywhere in the world, which I never saw and never read and which I don't understand nor like to read. I guess theologians need such sophisticated intellectual problems. That's not important for me. I am a Catholic. And to be remarried is a totally normal situation for Catholics worldwide. ...

And who goes to hell - anti-Catholic - knows no one.

Last edited:
Just walk away and hope for the best.

Your life here on earth is real, the afterlife is a figment.

Last edited:
It's not that easy.

Again, what is in your heart.

If you truly believe such will send you to hell then I would hope you would be willing to make such a sacrifice - eternity is a long damn time Blackrock. However, if it is just a matter of complying with Church dogma, that is a different story. I would say, not to be to forward, that you need to do some real soul searching to discover if it is the Catholic faith that you truly believe or if it is God you believe in and follow church doctrine because it is the one you belong to.

I have no doubt that your religious leaders will help you through this if your heart is sincere and you truly do believe in the Catholic faith. If you try and comport with dogma that you really do not truly believe in though it will cause rot and resentment. That is not what faith should bring.

I ask again, do you know what you truly believe? And I do not mean what you think you believe or what you have followed thus far. It is very, very tough to truly look within yourself and discover what you truly have faith in, where your heart and soul really is.
The answer is, I believe in all of it.

I believe everything the Catholic Church teaches is true.

For example is it true that no one should believe something, if he not understands the background of this belief. It's good to learn something about the own religion in school.

I believe suicides go to hell -- so my mother is in hell.

What never any Catholic said - not about suiciders nor about your mother. Nevertheless to do suicide is a sin and everyone who likes to do suicide should think about this possibility and go to a doctor, because it is something wrong in this case. No sane living entity likes to destroy the own life. There must be reasons for, which are not an essential part of the own true psychological structure. Someone who likes to do suicide needs help and has the right to ask for help and to get help.

I believe unbaptized babies don't go to heaven

What also never any Catholic said - except he is totally stupid.

-- so literally billions of innocent little babies aren't in heaven.

Let me not ask now what's your mental state.

I believe people who get divorced and remarried go to hell.

What also not any Catholic said and/or knows.

I believe all of -- and I can't take it anymore.

I fear I believe you have a problem with the new US-American virtues ignorance and intrigance, anti-Christian.

Last edited:
It's not that easy.

Heaven is overrated.

Something tells me I misquoted somehow, somewhere.
the goodness gone rabid -

View attachment 352182

the desert religions have failed Garden Earth and in doing so, the Almighty.

don't tell them though their way is their books of forgeries and fallacies as the real religion of antiquity, triumph over evil, scares them.
Subversives gonna subvert.

I am divorced.

I have to give it to you. There are all kinds of subversives on this board attempting to subordinate religion and faith in God. You have the anti-catholics like hobelim ; the militant atheists like Fort Fun Indiana , harmonica , Hollie , et al; the fake agnostics like Taz and sealybobo but yours and BreezeWood and GreatestIam are the most creative of all, fake believers. But you stand out because at least your charade provides humor whereas Breezewoods and GreatestIam just drip of hatred.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

I am divorced.

I have to give it to you. There are all kinds of subversives on this board attempting to subordinate religion and faith in God. You have the anti-catholics like hobelim ; the militant atheists like Fort Fun Indiana , harmonica , Hollie , et al; the fake agnostics like Taz and sealybobo but yours and BreezeWood and GreatestIam are the most creative of all, fake believers. But you stand out because at least your charade provides humor whereas Breezewoods and GreatestIam just drip of hatred.

- just drip of hatred.

would that be yourself ...

realism - is the fear why the forgeries and fallacies of the desert religions were written for their congregations to avoid the difficulties of life to live their lives in ignorance and sin and victimize the innocent - bing.

I am divorced.

- just drip of hatred.

would that be yourself ...

realism - is the fear why the forgeries and fallacies of the desert religions were written for their congregations to avoid the difficulties of life to live their lives in ignorance and sin and victimize the innocent - bing.
Hands up. Don't shoot!

I am divorced.

Interesting that you actually buy into that....It is just a form of control and you are enslaved by your belief... I am not passing judgement just finding the fact you are unwilling to adapt and overcome your problem here upsetting as you are wasting your life or what is left of your life by letting these ideas stop you from enjoying it...Before you were married did you not have girlfriends , did you not ahem enjoy their company if you did then biblically you knew them and were married so technically by your thinking you committed Adultery later with your wife see how silly that is....Just go out and enjoy your life stop procrastinating...

Forum List

Back