My Catholic faith has become a liability -- where do I dump it?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
How can I make myself STOP being a Catholic?

I am divorced.

That means if I ever have a girlfriend I am committing adultery.

If I get married I am denied the Eucharist, and then I go to hell.

I could get an annulment, but then I have to trash talk my ex-wife and then say we never really got married which I am unwilling to do.

I am divorced.

I could get an annulment, but then I have to trash talk my ex-wife and then say we never really got married which I am unwilling to do.
Dude. You been on a crises of faith thing for several months now. I wish you peace and God's grace.

I am divorced.

Become an Episcopalian.

Catholic Lite®....All the fun, half the guilt.

BTW, I'm not joking.

I am divorced.

Dude. You been on a crises of faith thing for several months now. I wish you peace and God's grace.
The only way I'll have peace is to resign myself to being alone for the rest of my life.

I am divorced.

Become an Episcopalian.

BTW, I'm not joking.
I looked into it.

I asked the priest, does the Episcopalian Church believe the Eucharist is literally the Body and Blood of Christ.

"I believe it," said the priest, "but there are people in my parish who don't. And that's OK with me."

I am divorced.

The only way I'll have peace is to resign myself to being alone for the rest of my life.

Go talk to your parish priest. You are trying to be self-destructive.

I am divorced.

Become an Episcopalian.

BTW, I'm not joking.
I looked into it.

I asked the priest, does the Episcopalian Church believe the Eucharist is literally the Body and Blood of Christ.

"I believe it," said the priest, "but there are people in my parish who don't. And that's OK with me."
Then it falls to: do you believe?

It's your belief that matters, not anyone else's.

I am divorced.

Pray on it and ask for a sign to help you with the crisis you are facing. You sound like a very intelligent person who does not want ill will in the family. Ask God for help. He will not let you down.

I am divorced.

My prayer goes out to you tonight.

I am divorced.

He would say, get an annulment.

I don't feel right doing that.

I am divorced.

You're overthinking it and sound drunk. God forgives, BLM doesn't. Hang in there kiddo, we're about to kick off the tenth crusade. It's gonna be bloody marvelous.

I am divorced.

He would say, get an annulment.

I don't feel right doing that.
Stop trying to punish yourself.

It's not that easy.

I can't just choose not to believe.
Then don't stop believing.

It comes down to you being willing to accept the teachings of the church or not. If not, you need to find another church that fits what is actually in your heart. If you truly do believe the Catholic dogma around marriages then you are going to have to accept that you are not going to ever have a girlfriend. Accept what you cannot change and change what you cannot accept.

What do you actually believe?

I am divorced.

Did you cheat on your wife or did she cheat on you?

It's a bitter pill, but I must soon get a divorce from the Catholic Church.

It's not that easy.

I can't just choose not to believe.
Then don't stop believing.

It comes down to you being willing to accept the teachings of the church or not. If not, you need to find another church that fits what is actually in your heart. If you truly do believe the Catholic dogma around marriages then you are going to have to accept that you are not going to ever have a girlfriend. Accept what you cannot change and change what you cannot accept.

What do you actually believe?
I am 55 years old and could easily live another 30 years.

Do I live alone for 30 years and maybe go to heaven?

Do I try to get a girlfriend and a wife and end up in hell?

Forum List

Back