Exploring Id and Dionysianism

Gantlemagne

May 7, 2020
Acadia
Right now, I'm finding out that what is truly liberating is to get so inebriated and to write whatever comes to mind. And it's like, a truth serum, finding the basic nature takes over and what does come out is sex and aggression, which I am finding out are the two main drives of Human beings, but Ego and Superego nicely balance these drives with lofty higher purposes and civilization.

Right now, I'm finding out that what is truly liberating is to get so inebriated and to write whatever comes to mind. And it's like, a truth serum, finding the basic nature takes over and what does come out is sex and aggression, which I am finding out are the two main drives of Human beings, but Ego and Superego nicely balance these drives with lofty higher purposes and civilization.

Try to always write without in the moment editing, either mentally or on paper, as you go. Some call it narrative force. Such raw force can be difficult to maintain throughout novel length works without first learning how to switch off the mind at some point each day. The sexual aspect of said force can be remedied easily. The primal aggression is also protean; ever changing shapes and faces within us and requires a host of variable outlets.

Forum List

Back