My Catholic faith has become a liability -- where do I dump it?

What do you expect should someone say to you?
what is the religion of your christian bible ...
What do you expect should someone say to you?
why not your answer, do you have one ...

what was the demand made by the Almighty for their intervention for the salvation of humanity - noah.

Are you Jesus? Is anyone else Jesus? So: If Jesus brings a Buddhist home, then he will know, why he is doing so, isn't it?
the religious itinerant died for the principles they stood by while not one other person was willing to do so, the three cries of the rooster - those same people wrote a book about them in the 4th century that has little to do with why the person died and everything to do with their own objectives - zaan.

where etched in stone by jesus their claim to be a messiah - or that those of the 1st century believed they were hopeless sinners and needed the church for their admission to the Everlasting and not their own accomplishment - the triumph against evil.

Then don't stop believing.

It comes down to you being willing to accept the teachings of the church or not. If not, you need to find another church that fits what is actually in your heart. If you truly do believe the Catholic dogma around marriages then you are going to have to accept that you are not going to ever have a girlfriend. Accept what you cannot change and change what you cannot accept.

What do you actually believe?
Blackroot. read the above post again. It makes more sense than any other on this thread. You believe in Jesus, God's Son and the Holy Spirit. The Commandments are yours and you have followed them well. As you have told us, the only problem is the beliefs of marriage, annulments and divorce. That is actually not as important as truly knowing what is in your heart.

At one time, show prove their faith, Catholics could not eat meat on Friday. Was that as important as knowing Jesus is in you heart and forgives your sins? No. It was a mere mortal (a sinner) who made some of the rules. Marriage, annulments and divorce are not fatal flaws for a Catholic or Protestant. Just a roadblock that could be moved with a hefty check to the church and the dignity of the wife impugned.
In my personal faith, God would not approve of you assailing your ex wife, but to accept her with forgiveness for any sins and she should do the same with you.

Then you are free to love, and fear God in a private manner or another organized religion that concurs with your established beliefs.

why not your answer, do you have one ...

what was the demand made by the Almighty for their intervention for the salvation of humanity - noah.

the religious itinerant died for the principles they stood by while not one other person was willing to do so, the three cries of the rooster - those same people wrote a book about them in the 4th century that has little to do with why the person died and everything to do with their own objectives - zaan.

where etched in stone by jesus their claim to be a messiah - or that those of the 1st century believed they were hopeless sinners and needed the church for their admission to the Everlasting and not their own accomplishment - the triumph against evil.

?

You would need to find in the Bible text where Peter went to Rome. The only reason the RC church stresses that Peter was in Rome is because they consider him the 1st pope. And that is because of a misunderstanding over what Jesus was building His Church upon. Protestants believe that Christ built His Church on the knowledge that HE is the MESSIAH/SON of GOD, while RCs believe that Christ was building HIS CHURCH on Peter. Much rather hope that Christ's CHURCH has CHRIST as her foundation than a saint.

It would have been a pointless redundancy re the NT for Peter to go to Rome when it's clear from the NT Paul went there. Peter probably went back to his merchant career as a successful fisherman while conducting his ministry and was later executed, most likely. The church at Antioch also claimed to be founded by Peter, also a false story.

View attachment 352762

is that your back again sicko ...

lol here Breezewood is babbling some nonsense or other about an article he found at Daily Beast, hardly a noted journal of objectivity n stuff, which is in turn based on a rather speciaous article by a fan of Bert Erhman's, another not so reliable 'scholar' favored by the Gnostics and pagans posing as 'atheists'. Darrell Bock has definitively exploded both cults of 'scholars' in his books on the validity of the early origins of orthodoxy as opposed to the Bauer school and Erhman's flawed textual analyses.

Main articles where Breezewood's stupid claims probably came from.:

One critique of Mendez's speculations, and that is all they are, speculations and opinions, not 'evidence':

OF course, I seriously doubt Breezewood has ever read any serious critiques of John, since he was only interested in the parts of the Bible where he thought Jesus ought to have given him a pony or something and ignored anything else.

lol here Breezewood is babbling some nonsense or other about an article he found at Daily Beast, hardly a noted journal of objectivity n stuff, which is in turn based on a rather speciaous article by a fan of Bert Erhman's, another not so reliable 'scholar' favored by the Gnostics and pagans posing as 'atheists'. Darrell Bock has definitively exploded both cults of 'scholars' in his books on the validity of the early origins of orthodoxy as opposed to the Bauer school and Erhman's flawed textual analyses.

One critique of Mendez's speculations, and that is all they are, speculations and opinions, not 'evidence':

OF course, I seriously doubt Breezewood has ever read any serious critiques of John, since he was only interested in the parts of the Bible where he thought Jesus ought to have given him a pony or something and ignored anything else.
no and you have broken plagiarism rules in your comments -

also you have failed again to respond to what you requested - a forgery in the 4th century christian bible - that occur throughout their book written by the crucifiers of the 1st century religious itinerant. a false document disguised as a religion.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

no need to make up stories in fear of responding that qualifies your corrupt morality. just bury your head in the sand.

you are another one ... picaro clone.

did the religious itinerant in the 1st century claim all people were hopeless sinners that needed them to save their souls to be admitted into the Everlasting.

* an etching in stone from the 1st century signed by j. would be useful or did someone throw the tablet at the crowd and it broke into untold indecipherable pieces. and is forever lost.

lol Where? You're getting more and more delusional daily. Have another drink and mourn your non-existent pony. And, I handed you your ass yet again on your idiot 'forgery' claims. you just can't produce any, you're just reading tripe and are too embarrassed to tell us where you got your stupid 'talking points' from.

you are another one ... picaro clone.

did the religious itinerant in the 1st century claim all people were hopeless sinners that needed them to save their souls to be admitted into the Everlasting.

* an etching in stone from the 1st century signed by j. would be useful or did someone throw the tablet at the crowd and it broke into untold indecipherable pieces. and is forever lost.

I don't have any idea what you try to speak about with me.

lol Where? You're getting more and more delusional daily. Have another drink and mourn your non-existent pony. And, I handed you your ass yet again on your idiot 'forgery' claims. you just can't produce any, you're just reading tripe and are too embarrassed to tell us where you got your stupid 'talking points' from.
I handed you your ass yet again on your idiot 'forgery' claims.
you seem afraid to respond - are you and zanng the same person ...

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

there are plenty other forgeries, sicko, nearly every page - it's just this one that is a particular omission.

there are plenty other forgeries, sicko, nearly every page - it's just this one that is a particular omission.

Ah so it's drunken delusions that plague you, then. We have all figured that out already. You can't find any forgeries at all. No surprise. Now, run along and get to therapy. I understand it's pony drawing day!

Ah so it's drunken delusions that plague you, then. We have all figured that out already. You can't find any forgeries at all. No surprise. Now, run along and get to therapy. I understand it's pony drawing day!
the forgeries and fallacies written by the crucifiers in the 4th century cover nearly every page of their corrupt christian bible ...

a forgery so plain, only a crucifier would be so crude to misrepresent the message of an innocent martyr.

How can I make myself STOP being a Catholic?

I am divorced.

That means if I ever have a girlfriend I am committing adultery.

If I get married I am denied the Eucharist, and then I go to hell.

I could get an annulment, but then I have to trash talk my ex-wife and then say we never really got married which I am unwilling to do.
I was told that I was Catholic at an early age and never believed that there was an alternative. My parents called themselves Catholic but never really practiced the religion.

My mother was Italian but felt that she was unworthy of going to church because she married may father who had previously been married but did not get an annulment. Were they married in a Catholic Mass anyway ? I actually don't know.

My father was raised by his mother who was born Jewish but converted to Catholicism to marry a Christian who soon deserted the family. I do believe that my fathers was more Jewish than anything else but surprised it because he was marginalized by the people in the Catholic Christian centric household that we lived in.

It gets worse. Despite my parents lack of faith, my sister and I were made to go though all of the motions and to deal with all the bull shit and guilt that Catholics are so good at inflicting on others. We had to go to confession, prepare for First Communion, and Confirmation, and perhaps the worst of all, since we went to Public School, we had to go to release time religious indoctrination once a week. At 2PM on Wednesday, there would be an announcement that all of the Catholic kids must leave. The humiliation! The short yellow bus would take us to the Catholic school for indoctrination.

Looking back, I realized that even then I was not buying it, that I never internalized but was to frightened and oppresed - by parents and the whole fucking system to rebel.

At the age of 19 I went into the service. Being immature and insecure, I redoubled my efforts to "get into it" I went to church on bas a few time but it left me cold. I slowly came to realize that religion was not genetic and that we have choices. I chose to scrap religion all together and now consider myself a "high agnostic" I accept the possibility of God be believe that we cannot know the nature of God

If that is to radical for you, there are other choices. There are religious communities where you can find a sense of belonging without the oppression . Consider a Universal-Unitarian Church, or Buddhism. You CAN do it.!!

You consider your Catholic faith a liability?

You do realize you’re going to Hell don’t you?

It's not that easy.

I can't just choose not to believe.
Then don't stop believing.

It comes down to you being willing to accept the teachings of the church or not. If not, you need to find another church that fits what is actually in your heart. If you truly do believe the Catholic dogma around marriages then you are going to have to accept that you are not going to ever have a girlfriend. Accept what you cannot change and change what you cannot accept.

What do you actually believe?
I am 55 years old and could easily live another 30 years.

Do I live alone for 30 years and maybe go to heaven?

Do I try to get a girlfriend and a wife and end up in hell?
WE are already in hell. Might as well enjoy what you can

the forgeries and fallacies written by the crucifiers in the 4th century cover nearly every page of their corrupt christian bible ...

a forgery so plain, only a crucifier would be so crude to misrepresent the message of an innocent martyr.
Nothing was believed in the 4th century that wasn't first believed during the time of Christ.

Keep persecuting Christians, Vladimir and see how far that takes you.

Dude's a subversive.

Forum List

Back