Zone1 My dysfunctional relationship with the Catholic Church

I have a relationship with Jesus, you have no right to say I don't.
In America, he has the right

But he shouldn't USE that right to claim that only he is going to Heaven and all Catholics to Hell... what an asinine thing.

Sorry, but I don't feel that guy is "the least of Christ's people" as per Mt 25:31. Christians do not hate others...

Condemning someone to Hell... I dunno... looks rather hateful to me.. :dunno:

Dating women to find someone compatible is okay in other Christian churches, but bedding them down with no strings attached is patently unacceptable to some very decent women. If your divorce was due to being married to a refrigerator, you can find out by discussing your needs to someone you're attracted to without making it into a forgettable and possibly painful crash landing. Many protestant churches who believe in Christ just as fervently as Catholics are mainly un-judgmental about these things, but if you do damage to one of their unattached women, your life may never be as pleasant as it once was. Hating women is considered misogyny in anyone's language, and you can ruin a woman's confidence by a disloyal ricochet romance, and you would be begging for an undesirable ending. Be a sweetie. Talk things over with your future wife before you wind up with a second divorce. If you just want sex and nothing else, you should consider a professional sex partner who works on her back for a living. Your chances of getting a disease, however, may lead to a lot of problems for you including child support and a major male anomaly.
somehow, I get the feeling you would not say some of this nasty sounding stuff

if the poster you address it to were Protestant...

hmmm... wonder why I feel that way.... :45:

Only the Catholic Church teaches this false doctrine. In your world ONLY the Catholic Church existed prior to the "daughters" leaving the Mother Church.

The fact is, "your" organization was created just after the Church of God threw Simon Magus out of the true Church. The Church of God never taught that you were LITERALLY practicing cannibalism.

I'm divorced and I want to date women. The Catholic Church teaches that if I have sex with a woman other than my ex-wife, I'm committing adultery. That's because in the eyes of the Catholic Church, I'm still married to my ex-wife.

I tried the Epsicopalians. I liked their service, which is similar to a Catholic Mass, even with the Eucharist.

But I asked their priest the following question, "Do Episcopalians believe the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ."

He said, "I do. But some in my parish don't, and that's okay with me."

I remembered a homily of a Catholic priest I'd heard a few weeks earlier. According to a poll, a certain percentage of Catholics believe the Eucharist is only a symbol. He was outraged. He told us under no circumstances was a Catholic supposed to believe that.

So that's the difference between the Catholic Church and the Episcopalian Church. Catholic priests concern themselves with what their parishioners believe, Episcopalian priests do not.

I have to be a Catholic. Also, I believe the Church is correct to say divorced people can't have sex with other people. Jesus said it himself and it's quoted in the Gospels.

But that leaves me in the lurch. I have to get an annulment or continue my sinful ways.

Bub...it is all man-made gobbledygook. Just pick a god and worship it.

jesus.gif

Forum List

Back