Libertarian?

It will not cure anything really. Systems people come up with are always corrupt because they always involve some sort of power.
I'm not quite that pessimistic. People are starting to see the stupidity of the two-party death march.
But it will be far better IMHO if it ever happens. Unlikely though, we have to force those in power to accept it and they have pretty successfully closed off all paths for the people to do so. That does not mean I do not think it is worth trying though. Nothing good comes easy.

That's why we're working it from the ground up. DC will obviously be against it, but counties, states, party primary elections - are picking up on it all over the country with good results. The more people get used to it, the harder it will be for powers-that-be to scare everyone away from it. Then we can shoot for it nationally.

I'm not quite that pessimistic. People are starting to see the stupidity of the two-party death march.

That's why we're working it from the ground up. DC will obviously be against it, but counties, states, party primary elections - are picking up on it all over the country with good results. The more people get used to it, the harder it will be for powers-that-be to scare everyone away from it. Then we can shoot for it nationally.
TBH, some of the more recent moves are extremely encouraging. Once the floodgates are open, it is much easier to move forward.

The democrats are actively trying to instigate a federal takeover of state elections though. That would give the feds the power to quash such movements and I have no doubt that they will try, whoever is exercising that enormous power when the time comes. SCOTUS may be a stop gap there but I have very little faith in SCOTUS in general.

Well it is true to some degree, especially when there’s but two choices. Voting for no one doesn’t help anyone
There is always a choice.

I can choose to not vote. I can write in Mickey Mouse. I can vote for the fake libertarian party. I can crash my plane into a building.

The fact the these duopoly shits refuse to make decisions based on a set of clear, guiding principles on the proper role of government makes me hesitant to vote for any of them.

They are wrong. I have a choice and they MUST earn my vote.

That was not pessimism, it is rank reality. Anyone looking for a 'cure' is always disappointed. You cannot, and should not be trying, cure human nature and human nature is to use power in a corrupt manner. Just make systems that are more resilient to human nature.

In general I like to avoid the idea of a fix more than an idea of improvement. The former is simply not a reality and the latter is what we are trying to accomplish.

That was not pessimism, it is rank reality. Anyone looking for a 'cure' is always disappointed. You cannot, and should not be trying, cure human nature and human nature is to use power in a corrupt manner. Just make systems that are more resilient to human nature.
Heh.. my first word choice there was 'cynical' rather than pessimistic. Should have gone with my first impulse.
In general I like to avoid the idea of a fix more than an idea of improvement. The former is simply not a reality and the latter is what we are trying to accomplish.

There is always a choice.

I can choose to not vote. I can write in Mickey Mouse. I can vote for the fake libertarian party. I can crash my plane into a building.

The fact the these duopoly shits refuse to make decisions based on a set of clear, guiding principles on the proper role of government makes me hesitant to vote for any of them.

They are wrong. I have a choice and they MUST earn my vote.
Yes you can and help no one, not even yourself! Stupid IMO

Many libertarians fell for the lesser-of-two-evils conceit and now support Trump. They know they've abandoned their previous principles, and it gnaws at them, so they attack anyone who reminds them of that fact.
Back to the concept of individuals being individual players who make their own choices regardless of political labels. Your statement that -many libertarians fell for the lesser evil would be more accurate if we substituted the word many with some, and the wording improved leaving out the phrase “fell for it”.

What I do agree with hands-down is that most voters did consider Hillary the absolute worst choice of all time! Whoops, personal bias showing but I embrace that one fully.

I have a different take about libertarians (generalizing) abandoned previous principles. I am wondering what principles I abandoned when I voted for Trump the second time around. I based my vote on a few basic principles I maintain:
1. Land grabs from personal property owners. Trump outscores Biden. Eminent domain…experienced a city sized measure of that myself recently but happened to be on the end that benefited from it. It still wasn’t “fair” to the guy who had bought the land. After a few neighborhoods complained the city snatched it up much to his chagrin.

Generally speaking, government should not have the right to take private property without owners being full-in. The way our US government throws money around, it has no excuse to not overpay for the property if they want it that bad. What happened with Texas farmers being forced to sell some of their land for the border didn’t seem fair in my eyes but I’m looking from a distance. I have a relative who was looking at it through a scope and had the same viewpoint; admittedly maybe he influenced me. With that case there was a way to avoid loss of land because that section running parallel to the Rio Grande is a mess trying to fence it.

2. Authoritarian versus support of individual rights. Full support of states determining their laws that do not conflict with federal highway laws. Expansion of federal control over states is what we’re getting with Biden’s handlers and predictably so.

3. Big war machine. Now here’s a good example where libertarians individually splinter off to decide. I do not support American corporations that seek profit via war, nor politicians who lace their own pockets from investing in war efforts. Trump was certainly not pro war. Biden? Who knows, but his handlers are idiots.

4. Trump supported freedom of choice of schools. Relatedly, students should not be indoctrinated by schools in social “rules” that fit some agenda. Public schools should stick to the tried and true basics, as well as incorporate new information to keep up with technology and skills related.

I will stop now to spare your eyes, but I have more if you choose to continue our discussion:)

Last edited:
Back to the concept of individuals being individual players who make their own choices regardless of political labels. Your statement that -many libertarians fell for the lesser evil would be more accurate if we substituted the word many with some, and the wording improved leaving out the phrase “fell for it”.
I could go with "some". I have no idea how many, but from experience on this board there are definitely "some".

But I'm sticking with "fell for it". LO2E is a con. See my sig
What I do agree with hands-down is that most voters did consider Hillary the absolute worst choice of all time! Whoops, personal bias showing but I embrace that one fully.
I think Hillary and Trump were the two worst candidates our two-party shitshow has ever produced. The fact that anyone voted for either one of them makes me truly ashamed of my country, and shows just how broken things are.
I have a different take about libertarians (generalizing) abandoned previous principles. I am wondering what principles I abandoned when I voted for Trump the second time around.
It depends. Did you consider yourself a libertarian before you voted for him?
3. Big war machine. Now here’s a good example where libertarians individually splinter off to decide. I do not support American corporations that seek profit via war, nor politicians who lace their own pockets from investing in war efforts. Trump was certainly not pro war. Biden? Who knows, but his handlers are idiots.
I'm with you on this one. Trump didn't start any new wars.

And while he lacked the courage/leadership to actually get us out of Afghanistan, he didn't invest further in the failed effort.
I will stop now to spare your eyes, but I have more if you choose to continue our discussion:)
Thanks. You remind me that not all Trump supporters are insane.

No rational, responsible entity shares your attitude toward the Covid-19 vaccine. It is highly effective in reducing transmission, and hospitalization and death in those instances it is contracted.

The Wuhan Designer Virus® and the RNA sequencers have been little more than an excuse for you Nazis to impose tyranny and dictatorship from the start. Nothing you have advocated was ever rational, you defy scientific fact and suppress effective treatments in order exasperate and prolong this outbreak, purely to consolidate absolute power for your Reich.

Heh.. my first word choice there was 'cynical' rather than pessimistic. Should have gone with my first impulse.
You know that might be the common thread among libertarians -cynicism. Lord help people who lack the quality. Some of those characters with complete trust without evidence include some really good people with very good hearts, they’re just a little bit clueless lol

Forum List

Back