Liberal AP News - Bad News for Joe Biden

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Our alarm clock goes off at 6 AM every morning, so the first thing I hear is AP News. I really don't care for them but that's what our local radio station carries. AP News has always carried the water for the liberal Democrats, and has always been quick to condemn Trump. But this morning was different. Instead of the happy horseshit about how well President Biden was doing, it was all negative.

The first two stories were about how paid family leave and the millionaire's tax were scrapped. The third story was the kicker:

A new AP-NORC poll showed that only 36% approved of Biden's handling of the negotiations over the bill. AP-NORC, mind you. A polling organization that tends to oversample Democrats.

:laughing0301:

Biden, Dems get low marks on spending talks: AP-NORC poll​

"As President Joe Biden and Democrats try to get a roughly $2 trillion package over the finish line, a new poll shows that fewer than half of Americans approve of how they have handled the spending bill. And many say they know little to nothing about it.

It’s a troubling sign for a party that hopes to make the social spending investments the hallmark of their midterm election campaigns next year.

The new poll from the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research finds that 36% of Americans say they approve of Biden’s handling of the negotiations over the bill, while 41% disapprove and 23% say they neither approve nor disapprove. Fewer than half say they know a lot or some about the proposals."

Our alarm clock goes off at 6 AM every morning, so the first thing I hear is AP News. I really don't care for them but that's what our local radio station carries. AP News has always carried the water for the liberal Democrats, and has always been quick to condemn Trump. But this morning was different. Instead of the happy horseshit about how well President Biden was doing, it was all negative.

The first two stories were about how paid family leave and the millionaire's tax were scrapped. The third story was the kicker:

A new AP-NORC poll showed that only 36% approved of Biden's handling of the negotiations over the bill. AP-NORC, mind you. A polling organization that tends to oversample Democrats.

Biden, Dems get low marks on spending talks: AP-NORC poll

"As President Joe Biden and Democrats try to get a roughly $2 trillion package over the finish line, a new poll shows that fewer than half of Americans approve of how they have handled the spending bill. And many say they know little to nothing about it.

It’s a troubling sign for a party that hopes to make the social spending investments the hallmark of their midterm election campaigns next year.

The new poll from the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research finds that 36% of Americans say they approve of Biden’s handling of the negotiations over the bill, while 41% disapprove and 23% say they neither approve nor disapprove. Fewer than half say they know a lot or some about the proposals."
Correct...folks ain't happy..although those who say they know nothing about the bill have only themselves to blame.
I note with amusement that of those who have an opinion..the difference is 5 percentage points. Meh.

Trying to get a millionaire's tax through Congress is like trying to swim to Hawaii from California..not going to happen.

Paid family leave is still on the table..with the smart money on it being trimmed to 4 weeks.

Looks like this is going to pass though....along with the infrastructure bill. Good stuff, IMO.

Biden, Dems get low marks on spending talks: AP-NORC poll

Breaking news! RWNJ accidentally hears real media, finds out it's real media!

Correct...folks ain't happy..although those who say they know nothing about the bill have only themselves to blame.
I note with amusement that of those who have an opinion..the difference is 5 percentage points. Meh.

Trying to get a millionaire's tax through Congress is like trying to swim to Hawaii from California..not going to happen.

Paid family leave is still on the table..with the smart money on it being trimmed to 4 weeks.

Looks like this is going to pass though....along with the infrastructure bill. Good stuff, IMO.
All bills that spend us into the ground and socially re-engineers us eventually pass, and more will be on the way

It's like the sun. It comes up every day.

The CCP knows they only have until the next election to destroy or fundamentally transform America. Their American servants will lose control of the House and Senate. Accordingly, they are doing ALL they can to have their American servants (RINO Traitors and democrat leadership) inflict as much damage as possible in the next few months

OP is a racist homophobic transphobic xenophobic Islamophobic misogynist!!!

Did I do that correctly, lefties?

What did I leave out?

If it does it will only add to our inflation. Americans are going to be having a tough winter this year with fuel prices over 50% higher than last year. Bring it up higher Brandon!

I mean this is fine for me. I'm on SS and the higher inflation, the larger cost of living increase I'll get in January. All we can really hope are the Americans who will suffer the most will be those who voted for this dementia jerk and his fellow commies.

Biden, Dems get low marks on spending talks: AP-NORC poll​

Conservatives obviously don't understand that 2024 is a long way off.

Well it sounds like they are doing GREAT compared to Republicans.

From your link:

Just 18% percent approve of how Republicans in Congress are handling negotiations over the spending package, while 49% disapprove.

Well duhh. The poll was conducted by a liberal-biased organization. What would you expect?

They're still showing Biden's overall presidential approval rating at 50% :laughing0301:

Last edited:
Well it sounds like they are doing GREAT compared to Republicans.

From your link:

Just 18% percent approve of how Republicans in Congress are handling negotiations over the spending package, while 49% disapprove.

Funny how the article only tells you what they thought of Republicans in Congress and not Democrats.

Conservatives obviously don't understand that 2024 is a long way off.
We know it’s a long way off, but we see the brakes have failed and things are going to do nothing but get worse for the next three years. Inflation is hard to stop once it grabs hold. The Fed is going to have to run interest rates above what they were in the Carter years to even have a chance of dealing with it. What do you think consumer interest rates of twenty percent plus will do to the economy? By 2024 the democrats will be the most hated people in the country and everybody will be wishing that meanie Trump was back with his incessant tweets and constant hyperbole.

Forum List

Back