For Libertarian leaning folks

You might as well be arguing with a Stirnerite....He's a principle-free klepto.
Wanting society to have a rational basis for it's laws, rather than fairytales, doesn't make me a nihilist or desire the destruction of the State. Just one that makes me someone who wants the world to make rational sense.

Wanting society to have a rational basis for it's laws, rather than fairytales, doesn't make me a nihilist or desire the destruction of the State. Just one that makes me someone who wants the world to make rational sense.
You don't want any laws, you want a moral license to steal....You probably are a Stirner cultist.

You don't want any laws, you want a moral license to steal....You probably are a Stirner cultist.
You don't want to defend your beliefs with rational arguments you just want to spew emotional accusations at me like a hurt Bingo.

Hit Men for Sadistic Statists

Defective humanoids with the criminal gene think that after they've been caught the first time, that will make them smarter on how to get away with it from then on.

Nailed it.

There's a Bogart line in one of his movies, when someone is trying to apologize to him.
His response: "You're not sorry at all. You're just sorry you got caught."

How does something come to belong to someone in the first place? Explain that process.
Perhaps the simplest starting point would be possession.

People, and other animals, form groups to improve the likelihood of survival. For this to work there needs to be some kind of social glue. For humans we have common culture and a set of behavioral rules. One of those rules would be reciprocity. I posses something, therefore it's my property, and you respect my property "rights." Similarly, you possess something, therefore it's your property, and I respect your property "rights." Violating societal rules results in a weakening of the social glue which increases risks for everyone in the group. The group will then punish the rule breaker. If an individual repeatedly breaks the rules he may be cast out of society or even killed. In societies with a state the state typically takes the lead in codifying the rules and punishing the law breakers.

Forum List

Back