Judaism = Zionism, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that belongs on a Jewish forum!

So a person raised a Presbyterian can't know his Bible inside and out? Meanwhile, keep growing your beard. Many of us want you to feel comfortable around those crazy Jews.

The Torah Jews are against it?

:lol::lol::lol:

That's the funniest crap I've ever heard.
According to the 3 Oaths, Jews are to remain in exile, until God comes back down to earth.

The 3 oaths are Hadagah, not Halacha, that's one point. The second one, the oath refer to Aliya that is based on the will to build the Temple, not the will of salvation. Third, The Torah says it's a Mitzvah to come to Israel, and any other source fall to the Torah.

And for last. God doesn't come to earth. The Messiah does. The Messiah is NOT God:cuckoo:

Someone made the astonishing claim, on an unrelated thread, that Judaism and Zionism are the same thing.
Hating Zionism is the same as Judaism.
If you oppose Zionism it means you reject the idea of Jews having a state, and therefor you reject the Jews, since the only way the Jews are to be able to survive is in Israel.

I realize some here try to make that case (Judaism=Zionism) but your example does not do that. It says hate-for-Zionism=hate-for-Judaism. You've created a straw man so you could bitch about it. Rejecting the idea of Jews having a state does not mean you reject the Jews (as you claim) nor does the example you posted.
The fact is the vast majority of Zionists are not Jewish so the claim doesn't hold water.
Thread fails.

Last edited:
I don't give a flying flip if it succeeds or fails, I just want to get these sources out there. Not YOU certainly, but SOMEONE who has curiosity and wants to dig for the truth is going to investigate these sources.

Other than that I am just tying up your resources by forcing you to find something to say, no matter how ineffectual.

God Bless Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who said "anti Zionism is just another name for anti semetism"

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=hgB_Pt0DxKY]Martin Luther King, Jr. on Israel, Zionism - YouTube[/ame]

The 3 oaths are Hadagah, not Halacha, that's one point. The second one, the oath refer to Aliya that is based on the will to build the Temple, not the will of salvation. Third, The Torah says it's a Mitzvah to come to Israel, and any other source fall to the Torah.

And for last. God doesn't come to earth. The Messiah does. The Messiah is NOT God:cuckoo:

Lipush, Jewish Zionist goddess, or whatever you call yourself, of all the Zionists on this forum you post the most useful info. Do you have a source for this so I can read more? I know I have read about this somewhere but it has escaped me at some point. Is the concept Rosenszeig's Star of Redemption? Or who?

Last edited:

Lipush, Jewish Zionist goddess

OMG!!!

Sweet!:D

"Lipush, The Jewish Zionist Goddess!"
Emo252.gif
Emo252.gif

That can be like...my new gem!
m0113.gif

AWESOME!

Lipush, Jewish Zionist goddess, or whatever you call yourself, of all the Zionists on this forum you post the most useful info. Do you have a source for this so I can read more? I know I have read about this somewhere but it has escaped me at some point. Is the concept Rosenszeig's Star of Redemption? Or who?

You read Aramic?:D Hebrew?:D

Hebramic?:lol:

I don't give a flying flip if it succeeds or fails, I just want to get these sources out there. Not YOU certainly, but SOMEONE who has curiosity and wants to dig for the truth is going to investigate these sources.

Other than that I am just tying up your resources by forcing you to find something to say, no matter how ineffectual.

Oh, that's what you're doing? :rofl:

You mean do I seriously think that some of the posters I am responding to are going to read the sources I post? No. some have told me they don't EVER read books.

but hopefully someone out there does.

We don't ready the books YOU read, but it doesn't mean we don't read anything.

I for instance, don't read any book about the Israel-Palestinian conflict.

I find it just annoys me, for some reason

You mean do I seriously think that some of the posters I am responding to are going to read the sources I post? No. some have told me they don't EVER read books.

This might sound a little weird, but I don't say things in the hopes of making a difference, I say things that I think has to be said.

We don't ready the books YOU read, but it doesn't mean we don't read anything.

I for instance, don't read any book about the Israel-Palestinian conflict.

I find it just annoys me, for some reason

I read and post all sorts of stuff that I think is well done. I don't have to agree with it 100%. And my ideas and understanding are all evolving all the time anyway and I'm not afraid of that anymore.

Last edited:
Probably none of them agree with you.

I read and post all sorts of stuff that I think is well one. It doesn't have to agree with me 100%. And my ideas and understanding are all evolving all the time anyway.
Have you heard about a study that dealt with why some people, when shown evidence that a particular belief of theirs was wrong, became more entrenched in that belief, instead of correcting their position?

Probably none of them agree with you.

I read and post all sorts of stuff that I think is well one. It doesn't have to agree with me 100%. And my ideas and understanding are all evolving all the time anyway.
Have you heard about a study that dealt with why some people, when shown evidence that a particular belief of theirs was wrong, became more entrenched in that belief, instead of correcting their position?

You just described PF Tinmore

No we've seen your garbage sources like a million times before. Not worth the pixels on your screen.

True story. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back