Jesus died for your sins ??

So god doesn't play by the same rules? Geez, I've got to get myself a cult also.
Can you make a rocket ship that carries a man into space? How about an automobile. I cannot, but there are people who have a different plane of knowledge and experience than I. The same with God. His knowledge and experience are on a higher plane.

The other thing with God is every single thing we know about Him is filtered through human knowledge and experience told to people with similar human knowledge and experience. To understand what ancient authors were telling people about God, we must first understand what people knew and understood at the time. Once we do, the story of Isaac and Abraham (and like ones) makes sense. Those who don't bother are satisfied with their own conclusion that God kills. Everyone should always keep in mind that a conclusion may only indicate where someone stopped thinking.

No. It doesn't. What is responsible for the massive background radiation that we observe? Do you even know?
I know what they say it is but then again we only understand 5% of the matter energy in the universe and have no clue as to what the rest of it is so I'm going to treat our explanations as nothing more than a best guess based on our extremely limited knowledge of the universe

Can you make a rocket ship that carries a man into space? How about an automobile. I cannot, but there are people who have a different plane of knowledge and experience than I. The same with God. His knowledge and experience are on a higher plane.

The other thing with God is every single thing we know about Him is filtered through human knowledge and experience told to people with similar human knowledge and experience. To understand what ancient authors were telling people about God, we must first understand what people knew and understood at the time. Once we do, the story of Isaac and Abraham (and like ones) makes sense. Those who don't bother are satisfied with their own conclusion that God kills. Everyone should always keep in mind that a conclusion may only indicate where someone stopped thinking.
I think I just fell into another word soup pot. This religion forum is pretty whacky, lol.

I know what they say it is but then again we only understand 5% of the matter energy in the universe and have no clue as to what the rest of it is so I'm going to treat our explanations as nothing more than a best guess based on our extremely limited knowledge of the universe
No. You don't know what do they say. Tell me what they say.

No. You don't know what do they say. Tell me what they say.
Why should i when you have posted countless pdfs on the subject?

The fact of the matter is we only think we know how the universe came to be based on what we can observe and what we can observe is only 5% of the stuff the universe is made of.

Would you let a surgeon who only understood 5% of a heart transplant procedure give you a heart transplant?

So we now have a point where biographies differ from fairy tales. We can do the same with the any two other types of genre--including Biblical accounts.
The bible isn't a biography. It's a story that many believe is fictional.

Why should i when you have posted countless pdfs on the subject?

The fact of the matter is we only think we know how the universe came to be based on what we can observe and what we can observe is only 5% of the stuff the universe is made of.

Would you let a surgeon who only understood 5% of a heart transplant procedure give you a heart transplant?
To prove you understand it. Which you don't. The fact that you know anything about the creation of the universe and keep making the silly argument that we can't know anything because we don't know everything is proof that the universe popping into existence being hardwired to produce life and intelligence shakes the foundation of your non-belief. So much so that you argue against science.

That pdf was a peer reviewed scientific paper on the mathematical proof of a universe created from nothing.

The fact that you keep using the phrase "gods" says otherwise.

In the atheistic worldview everyone has the same fate, right?

Not so in the Christian worldview.

So the argument you are making is a logical fallacy argument when it comes to Christianity. But it does 100% apply to the atheistic worldview. 100%.
Not all Christians think alike.

To prove you understand it. Which you don't. The fact that you know anything about the creation of the universe and keep making the silly argument that we can't know anything because we don't know everything is proof that the universe popping into existence being hardwired to produce life and intelligence shakes the foundation of your non-belief. So much so that you argue against science.
I didn;t say we can't know anything.

So stop making up shit and then telling me I said it.

We certainly do know and understand 5% of the stuff that the universe is made of

I didn;t say we can't know anything.

So stop making up shit and then telling me I said it.

We certainly do know and understand 5% of the stuff that the universe is made of
That is exactly what you are arguing.

The bible isn't a biography. It's a story that many believe is fictional.
The etymology of Bible is a library or collection of books. Some books are fiction. Some are songs and poetry. Some are biography. Some are law. Etc. Ancient man's library. Some respect it; some sneer.

they are incapable to violate another's spiritual endowment - putting it to sleep is another story. call it whatever you like.
If you created yourself, your existence would depend on you. However, you did NOT. You depend on GOD for your existence.
There are no scholars who claim Moses wrote the Pentateuch.. Those books had may authors... and they borrowed the myths and legends of the civilizations around them..

Genesis and Exodus were written after the Babylonian Exile.. Leviticus was written during the exile. The Babylonians had a rich foundational narrative and they had a profound effect on the Good Figs who were
exiled. Sumer, Canaan and Egypt.

What scholars are you referring to? Liberal scholars will believe a lot of things. And their primary reasoning is that man and not GOD authored the Bible. They don't believe in the Flood. They don't believe in Creation. They don't believe the Jews have any right to the land of Israel. They don't believe that Mary was a virgin! They don't believe the book of Revelations is prophetic.

I believe that Moses wrote the LAW as inspired by GOD. I believe that Moses was raised as a son of Pharaoh and therefore heard all the stories, and GOD separated out the lies and mistakes.

That is exactly what you are arguing.
OK so let's play the game again where I ask you to quote me where I said we can't know anything and you refuse to do so because you are lying about what I said

The etymology of Bible is a library or collection of books. Some books are fiction. Some are songs and poetry. Some are biography. Some are law. Etc. Ancient man's library. Some respect it; some sneer.

The entire book is nothing but fiction to those that don't worship the god that is the bible's main subject matter. It's only value is from an anthropological standpoint

The entire book is nothing but fiction to those that don't worship the god that is the bible's main subject matter. It's only value is from an anthropological standpoint
Actually, that is your own assessment. There are many Holy Books that are not of my faith, and I (and most of those who are not of that faith) respect them as the Holy Ground of people of that faith. That you cannot do the same for the Bible (or probably any other Holy writing) says a lot.

New Topics

Forum List

Back