• Yes!

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • No!

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Don't Know!

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Is homosexual behavior a sin?

I do not think it is a sin, or immoral. I do not judge or denigrate those who happen to have turned out to be homosexual. Live and let live and MYOB! My philosophy. I would ask them to be of the same mindset.

Webster's New World Dictionary and Thesaurus defines sin:

a) an offense against God, religion, or good morals
b) the condition of being guilty of continued offense against God, religion, or good morals
2. an offense against any law, standard, code, etc. [a sin against good taste]

The definition of "sin" is pretty important here.

If one holds that God is who defines sin, then there is not much wiggle room. Of course, if someone claims to know the mind of God, that's another can of worms.

I do not think it is a sin, or immoral. I do not judge or denigrate those who happen to have turned out to be homosexual. Live and let live and MYOB! My philosophy. I would ask them to be of the same mindset.

Webster's New World Dictionary and Thesaurus defines sin:

a) an offense against God, religion, or good morals
b) the condition of being guilty of continued offense against God, religion, or good morals
2. an offense against any law, standard, code, etc. [a sin against good taste]

The definition of "sin" is pretty important here.

If one holds that God is who defines sin, then there is not much wiggle room. Of course, if someone claims to know the mind of God, that's another can of worms.

Who wrote the bible "god" or men?

If "god" wrote the bible....then i would say the bible and what it teaches are "gods" words

As it stands....all the bible is...is a bunch of stories written by men to control the populous with fear of a "god"

All you can really judge is your own sin. Accepting homosexuality as normal behavior is sinful if you believe that homosexuality is sinful. It isn't complicated.

If you believe that homosexuality is a sin you should not sin. Those instructions are for your benefit. Making that judgment for someone else has been the subject, itself, of many Biblical passages.

it is not wrong to tell someone who is sinning that he is doing so. it is wrong to punish that person for the sin that is left up to god to do. unless it also violates mans law also

Last edited:
If you believe that homosexuality is a sin you should not sin. Those instructions are for your benefit. Making that judgment for someone else has been the subject, itself, of many Biblical passages.

it is not wrong to tell someone who is sinning that he is doing so. it is wrong to punish that person for the sin that is left up to god to do. unless it also violates mans law also

To me, and I speak for no one else, it is wrong to judge that someone else is a sinner. The Bible speaks of prohibiting judgment over and over. It is explicit. It is wrong to punish someone for what you have judged to be sinful behavior. When Jesus told the adultress to go and sin no more, it wasn't followed up by telling her to go punish the other adultresses or tell them how sinful they are.

There is nothing more explicit in the Bible than the prohibition against judging the sin of another. It is clear and repeated many times.

To me, and I speak for no one else, it is wrong to judge that someone else is a sinner. The Bible speaks of prohibiting judgment over and over. It is explicit. It is wrong to punish someone for what you have judged to be sinful behavior. When Jesus told the adultress to go and sin no more, it wasn't followed up by telling her to go punish the other adultresses or tell them how sinful they are.

There is nothing more explicit in the Bible than the prohibition against judging the sin of another. It is clear and repeated many times.

Biblically, we all are sinners....no judgement necessary... Romans 3:23

Last edited:

Biblically, we all are sinners....no judgement necessary... Romans 6:23

Oh well since we are all sinners anyway, why bother trying to live a decent life at all.

I am prohibited by my beliefs to judge what is a sin for someone else. As Phil Robertson says that's between them and God. It would be a sin if I committed a homosexual act since I am supposed to judge sin for myself. It is a sin for me to accept or tolerate homosexual acts. It is a sin for me to participate in or facilitate homosexual behavior.

What gays want is to force people, like myself, to violate their most deeply held beliefs. I can appreciate their desire to have others not judge as to whether or not they are sinful. Yet they demand to sit in final judgment themselves and declare what is or is not a sin for everybody else. Gays really want Godlike power. The ability to make judgements as to what everyone else must do according to what they want.

You're wrong. You're not forbidden from judging another's sins, you're forbidden from judging unfairly.

18. You shall set up judges and law enforcement officials for yourself in all your cities that the [L-rd], your [G-d], is giving you, for your tribes, and they shall judge the people [with] righteous judgment.
19. You shall not pervert justice; you shall not show favoritism, and you shall not take a bribe, for bribery blinds the eyes of the wise and perverts just words.
20. Justice, justice shall you pursue, that you may live and possess the land the [L-rd], your [G-d], is giving you.
- Deuteronomy 16

17. You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your fellow, but you shall not bear a sin on his account.
- Leviticus 19

In other words, we can call a sin a sin so long as we're right and can cite the relevant verse(s,) but while we do that we're not allowed to then heap our personal feelings all over it in addition. That would violate other sins as to 'evil speech.'

For Christians, the teachings of Jesus override anything contrary to those teachings found in the Old Testament...

Consequently, 'Judge not lest ye be judged', as relayed in the New Testament, overrides anything to the contrary in the Old...

It's simply that a universal application of 'Judge not...' is entirely impractical, with respect to either secular or canon law...

Murder is a sin...

And yet Murder invokes both judgment and punishment, in both a secular and canon law setting...

As do a great many other offenses, less serious than Murder; including homosexuality...

Latter-day assaults on traditional Jewish, Christian and Muslim views of homosexuality, notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Is homosexual behavior legal? That is the only question an American needs to ask or answer. And, the answer is yes. Of course it is also legal to be a bigot and each in their own way are examples of what real Americans cherish - FREEDOM.

Many states have antisodomy laws that are no longer enforced.

Is homosexual behavior legal? That is the only question an American needs to ask or answer. And, the answer is yes. Of course it is also legal to be a bigot and each in their own way are examples of what real Americans cherish - FREEDOM.
Disagree.

Some things that are legal are also viewed as highly immoral by much of the population.

Immoral acts and conditions and states of affairs fluctuate with respect to legality.

Homosexuality continues to remain illegal and anathema throughout much of the world, and has been held to be a degenerate and despicable condition for thousands of years, in many regions and cultures, including our own, until well within Living Memory.

The consumption of alcohol, for example, was viewed as Immoral by some modest percentage of the population, resulting in Prohibition.

A larger percentage of the population viewed such consumption as morally neutral rather than immoral, and, through dialogue, such laws were overturned.

After years of political activism, the LGBT community has, in recent months and years, achieved a number of political victories, to the apathy or opposition of a much larger percentage of the population.

If a sufficient percentage of the population shake off their apathy and join with those already in active opposition, such victories may be reversed in whole or in part, even if it requires an Amendment to the Constitution in order to achieve it.

Then again, there are several ways to skin the proverbial cat, as the Pro-Choice Lobby has learned in recent years, as many of the practical effects of Roe-v-Wade are being set aside, State by State, and surviving most court challenges.

The key question is: Will that large percentage of the population which views LGBT issues with apathy or disinterest, join forces with that large percentage of the population which actively opposes the Gay Rights Agenda?

Any reversals of recent LGBT victories will depend upon the answer to that question.

If sufficient momentum exists amongst The People, a way will be found, at-law to reverse such victories; directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, quickly or slowly.

And, of course, part of the Public Dialogue in that process will the question of Morality.

Consequently...

Legality is, indeed, all that signifies, in matters of enforcement and compliance, as things stand now.

However...

The way things stand in the future revolves around Morality, far more than Legality.

Consequently...

The question of Morality... expressed by many as 'Sin' in this context... has a prominent place in the Public Dialogue, after all.

Last edited:

Many states have antisodomy laws that are no longer enforced.

I'd be interested to know exactly how they ever were enforced.

Looks like 75% of us are bigoted homophobes!
Or Righteous People expressing their honest opinions openly and freely, as is their right?

BTW... I'm not sure that homophobia is the correct term here.

Phobia implies fear.

Very few people who oppose the Gay Rights Agenda are fearful.

'Disgusted' and 'contemptuously amused' and 'revolted' seem more likely to be accurate.

Last edited:
Looks like 75% of us are bigoted homophobes!
Or Righteous People expressing their honest opinions openly and freely, as is their right?

BTW... I'm not sure that homophobia is the correct term here.

Phobia implies fear.

Very few people who oppose the Gay Rights Agenda are fearful.

'Disgusted' and 'contemptuously amused' and 'revolted' seem more likely to be accurate.

Count me as contemptuously amused.

Its almost as good as midgit wrestlin'

Forum List

Back