Is homosexual behavior a sin?

• Yes!

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • No!

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Don't Know!

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Is homosexual behavior legal? That is the only question an American needs to ask or answer. And, the answer is yes. Of course it is also legal to be a bigot and each in their own way are examples of what real Americans cherish - FREEDOM.

Many states have antisodomy laws that are no longer enforced.

I'd be interested to know exactly how they ever were enforced.

Ther used to be a social stigma to homosexual behavior.

Ther used to be a social stigma to homosexual behavior.
There still is, in the Mainstream...

It's just that it's not quite as severe nor legally impactful as it once was...

there must be since we see lefties on this board

often use gay slurs on posters they disagree with

the leftard scum is the most bigoted crowd ever - and the real ugly self surfaces time to time when left uncontrolled.

There still is, in the Mainstream...

It's just that it's not quite as severe nor legally impactful as it once was...

there must be since we see lefties on this board

often use gay slurs on posters they disagree with

the leftard scum is the most bigoted crowd ever - and the real ugly self surfaces time to time when left uncontrolled.

^^^ One of the greatest examples of irony and lack of introspection ever posted!

^^^ One of the greatest examples of irony and lack of introspection ever posted!

says the perfect example of the left bigotry on the board :lol:

Jesus said to cast not your pearls before swine. There are many pearls of wisdom to be had from religious study. Most threads they start are bait threads, and the responses to the genuine threads on religion are like swine tramping them underfoot and then turning to rend you.

I generally regret any posts I make on threads concerning religion.

Matthew 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Jesus said to cast not your pearls before swine. There are many pearls of wisdom to be had from religious study. Most threads they start are bait threads, and the responses to the genuine threads on religion are like swine tramping them underfoot and then turning to rend you.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

thank you, Sunshine. I generally follow that rule as well, however sometimes it feels like their ignorant arrogance is just too much.

thank you, Sunshine. I generally follow that rule as well, however sometimes it feels like their ignorant arrogance is just too much.

They are like the hypocritical 'scribes and Pharisees of the Bible.'

I do not think it is a sin, or immoral. I do not judge or denigrate those who happen to have turned out to be homosexual. Live and let live and MYOB! My philosophy. I would ask them to be of the same mindset.

Webster's New World Dictionary and Thesaurus defines sin:

a) an offense against God, religion, or good morals
b) the condition of being guilty of continued offense against God, religion, or good morals
2. an offense against any law, standard, code, etc. [a sin against good taste]

The definition of "sin" is pretty important here.

If one holds that God is who defines sin, then there is not much wiggle room. Of course, if someone claims to know the mind of God, that's another can of worms.

Who wrote the bible "god" or men?

If "god" wrote the bible....then i would say the bible and what it teaches are "gods" words

As it stands....all the bible is...is a bunch of stories written by men to control the populous with fear of a "god"

Just the fact that god is referred to as a "he" is indicative of the fact that god is a man's invention.

Is homosexual behavior legal? That is the only question an American needs to ask or answer. And, the answer is yes. Of course it is also legal to be a bigot and each in their own way are examples of what real Americans cherish - FREEDOM.

Many states have antisodomy laws that are no longer enforced.

And we all thank our favorite deity for separation of church and state!

For Christians, the teachings of Jesus override anything contrary to those teachings found in the Old Testament...

Consequently, 'Judge not lest ye be judged', as relayed in the New Testament, overrides anything to the contrary in the Old...

It's simply that a universal application of 'Judge not...' is entirely impractical, with respect to either secular or canon law...

Murder is a sin...

And yet Murder invokes both judgment and punishment, in both a secular and canon law setting...

As do a great many other offenses, less serious than Murder; including homosexuality...

Latter-day assaults on traditional Jewish, Christian and Muslim views of homosexuality, notwithstanding.
Murder is a crime not just a sin.

For Christians, the teachings of Jesus override anything contrary to those teachings found in the Old Testament...

Consequently, 'Judge not lest ye be judged', as relayed in the New Testament, overrides anything to the contrary in the Old...

It's simply that a universal application of 'Judge not...' is entirely impractical, with respect to either secular or canon law...

Murder is a sin...

And yet Murder invokes both judgment and punishment, in both a secular and canon law setting...

As do a great many other offenses, less serious than Murder; including homosexuality...

Latter-day assaults on traditional Jewish, Christian and Muslim views of homosexuality, notwithstanding.
Murder is a crime not just a sin.
In many times and in many jurisdictions, homosexual acts are also a crime, as well as a sin, yes?

And, of course, you'll note the 'As do a great many other offenses...' line, yes? ( I could have pulled some other less-extreme example out of the hat, as well)

Generally speaking, the designation of 'Crime' usually follows hard on the heels of 'Morality', according to the standards of The People in-question.

Which is another reason why 'Morality' (a.k.a. 'sin', in this narrow metaphorical context) continues to have a place in Public Dialogue on this subject.

The 'Duck Guy' merely dared to publicly pronounce the 'value judgment' or 'moral judgment' that so many do less conspicuously in such matters.

Last edited:
Then it is a crime. If asked if the person committed a crime I could say yes. But I would not judge whether it is a sin. I can only judge myself in that way.

Then it is a crime. If asked if the person committed a crime I could say yes. But I would not judge whether it is a sin. I can only judge myself in that way.
Your personal choice... a lot of other folks see that differently, rightly or wrongly.

True. I believe, and it is historically true, that acceptance of homosexuality is more harmful than the act of homosexuality. The more widespread acceptance is the more generally depraved the culture becomes until it collapses or is overtaken by a better people.

Disagree.

Some things that are legal are also viewed as highly immoral by much of the population.

Immoral acts and conditions and states of affairs fluctuate with respect to legality.

Homosexuality continues to remain illegal and anathema throughout much of the world, and has been held to be a degenerate and despicable condition for thousands of years, in many regions and cultures, including our own, until well within Living Memory.

The consumption of alcohol, for example, was viewed as Immoral by some modest percentage of the population, resulting in Prohibition.

A larger percentage of the population viewed such consumption as morally neutral rather than immoral, and, through dialogue, such laws were overturned.

After years of political activism, the LGBT community has, in recent months and years, achieved a number of political victories, to the apathy or opposition of a much larger percentage of the population.

If a sufficient percentage of the population shake off their apathy and join with those already in active opposition, such victories may be reversed in whole or in part, even if it requires an Amendment to the Constitution in order to achieve it.

Then again, there are several ways to skin the proverbial cat, as the Pro-Choice Lobby has learned in recent years, as many of the practical effects of Roe-v-Wade are being set aside, State by State, and surviving most court challenges.

The key question is: Will that large percentage of the population which views LGBT issues with apathy or disinterest, join forces with that large percentage of the population which actively opposes the Gay Rights Agenda?

Any reversals of recent LGBT victories will depend upon the answer to that question.

If sufficient momentum exists amongst The People, a way will be found, at-law to reverse such victories; directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, quickly or slowly.

And, of course, part of the Public Dialogue in that process will the question of Morality.

Consequently...

Legality is, indeed, all that signifies, in matters of enforcement and compliance, as things stand now.

However...

The way things stand in the future revolves around Morality, far more than Legality.

Consequently...

The question of Morality... expressed by many as 'Sin' in this context... has a prominent place in the Public Dialogue, after all.

[MENTION=20204]Kondor3[/MENTION]

all right.....

i will assume you are a man....

and this is a heterosexual question...... so fess up

do you like getting blow jobs?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back