• Yes!

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • No!

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Don't Know!

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Depends.

Two lesbians who are young and hot? Not a sin.

Two fireplug mullet-haired middle aged lesbians who look like softball players? Sin.

What softball players look like in 2013:

$image.jpg

I don't see the Gay community having a problem with people who are Islamic extremists who aren't too
fond of the gay lifestyle!

I'm just saying...

I will let God make the call on that one.

If the bible is God's word, then he has already made that call. Would you say the same thing about premarital sex...waiting for God to make the call?

Yes we can all have our opinions about what a sin is but at the end of the day God makes the final call on that and if you are to forgiven for your sins.

I will let God make the call on that one.

If the bible is God's word, then he has already made that call. Would you say the same thing about premarital sex...waiting for God to make the call?

Yes we can all have our opinions about what a sin is but at the end of the day God makes the final call on that and if you are to forgiven for your sins.

You are not forgiven for PRACTICING a sin. Redemption requires you ask for forgiveness and repent from the sin.

Yes, homosexual acts are probably 'sins'.

That seems to be the traditional interpretation of religious texts and teachings, for the three Peoples of the Book religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam)...

Oh, the points can be argued, and deflected with revisionist interpretations and sophistry, but that has been the general consensus amongst adherents of those religions for centuries, or millennia...

Rather than lying down and getting steamrollered, people who believe this appear to be speaking up, increasingly, and quite clearly, in reaction to LGBT legal and social gains of the past few years - especially during the course of the Obama Administration to date...

Personally, I've got enough trouble walking through life keeping my own ducks in a row, never mind worrying about who is sleeping with whom, but...

I also understand traditional concerns about degeneracy and a weakening of the moral fiber and backbone of a society and various examples of cultural decline and fall that can arguably be tied to an abandonment of prohibitions on such sexual behaviors, as an early harbinger of further degeneracies to come...

Last edited:
The New Testament only negates the Old where it is in conflict.

Sorry....what is said?

As far as I know nothing is said in the New leaving the sin in the Old as the determiner.

Jesus said men who were born eunuchs should not marry. Marriage and procreation were very important in the Jewish culture of that day as it is in the Jewish culture of today. This type of behavior was not in line with those things.

Matthew 19:12

King James Bible
For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Romans 6:23. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

So both homosexuals and heterosexuals are sinners.

The New Testament only negates the Old where it is in conflict.

Sorry....what is said?

As far as I know nothing is said in the New leaving the sin in the Old as the determiner.

These verses are often cited from the New Testament:

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (Romans 1:26-27 KJV)

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11 KJV)

Romans 6:23. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

So both homosexuals and heterosexuals are sinners.
Perhaps we are dealing with the various DEGREES of sin?

Example:

Lying to your teacher, that your dog ate your homework, is a minor sin?

Two fudge-packers shagging might be viewed as committing a major sin?

Minor sins are easily tolerated by society?

Major sins are abhorred by society?

Subjective, of course, but quite alive and operative, in the Real World, apparently.

If you believe that homosexuality is a sin you should not sin. Those instructions are for your benefit. Making that judgment for someone else has been the subject, itself, of many Biblical passages.

If you believe that homosexuality is a sin you should not sin. Those instructions are for your benefit. Making that judgment for someone else has been the subject, itself, of many Biblical passages.
That's all well-and-good, until you run-up against the Mindset which says: This behavior could spread if left un-checked, and the results will prove harmful to society, so, intervention is required, in both a preventive and corrective/punitive context...

Most law began as a collection of religious dictates and slowly morphed into something less religious and more secularized...

Existing statutes against homosexual practices and behaviors have strong centuries-old roots in their predecessor religious or canon law...

Secularized religious prohibitions...

And, when the Secularized prohibitions run out of steam, folks are likely to drag-out the Religious ones again, to inject new life into such preventive and punitive interventions...

Or so it seems to me at first glance...

When Jesus defended the adulteress he said that those that have not sinned should cast the first stone. After all her accusers left, Jesus told the adulteress to GO AND SIN NO MORE.

It's just my opinion, but the way I understand this is that we are not to judge the sinner, that's God's job. However, that does not mean that we are not to judge actions or practices as being sinful. Otherwise why would so much of the bible be devoted to telling us what is right and wrong?

Last edited:

When Jesus defended the adulteress he said that those that have not sinned should cast the first stone. After all her accusers left, Jesus told the adulteress to GO AND SIN NO MORE.

It's just my opinion, but the way I understand this is that we are not to judge the sinner, that's God's job. However, that does not mean that we are not to judge actions or practices as being sinful. Otherwise why would so much of the bible be devoted to telling us what is right and wrong?
Murder is also a sin.

In a purely religious legal framework...

Applying the time-honored 'judge not lest ye be judged' teaching and principal...

A murderer would have to be left untouched, if applying the letter of the law...

But, of course, murderers would be chastised, under religious law, regardless...

This has to do with the SIZE or NATURE or DEGREE of the sin, I suspect...

And, over time, untold billions of our ancestors (and billions of our contemporaries) have held that homosexual acts were ALSO sufficiently large sins to warrant a setting aside of the 'judge not' principle, for the good of the community...

Where's the Cutoff Point between Big Sin and Little Sin, from a Prevention and Punishment vantage point?

It's a puzzler, alright...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back