Instead of Demanding Student Loan Forgiveness, Why Don't Liberals Demand Price Controls on College Tuition?

ha....not gonna happen....the academics support the DNC...they are a massive special interest group that is getting paid well because of Dem handouts.

Prince controls though aren't the the solution...the solution is to undo the massive Obamacare takeover of the student loan business...after that happened schools drastically up their rates, and were guaranteed the cash from the Feds.

Can you actually show a rate increase difference?

It's not as if prices haven't been going up before Feds cut out useless middle-men and started loaning directly.

I find it odd that liberals want the federal government to forgive/cancel student loan debt but never say anything about controlling the skyrocketing cost of college tuition. I guess since most universities are run by liberals, liberals don't want to rock their boat and spoil their gravy train. Rather, they want the rest of us to foot the bill for students who don't want to pay back their student loans.
If the government stopped guaranteeing student loans, tuition rates would drop

If government quit bailing out businesses............................
what does business have to do with this? In fact, many businesses actually pay for their employees to go to college, or get an advanced degree...they offer solutions to the student loan problem...more used to, because Obama and the Dems horrible takeover of the student loan industry.

What "solution"? They simply repackaged a Federal loan to get a cut, with the end result of student paying even more.

We don't need useless middle men, Feds can administer student loans directly just fine.

We don't need useless middle men, Feds can administer student loans directly just fine.
The fed-gov is a middleman, dingus.
Any funding besides that directly between student and the teacher is managed by a middleman that needs to be paid.

ha....not gonna happen....the academics support the DNC...they are a massive special interest group that is getting paid well because of Dem handouts.

Prince controls though aren't the the solution...the solution is to undo the massive Obamacare takeover of the student loan business...after that happened schools drastically up their rates, and were guaranteed the cash from the Feds.

Can you actually show a rate increase difference?

It's not as if prices haven't been going up before Feds cut out useless middle-men and started loaning directly.
The issue isn't the "middle men" - as you put it...the larger issue is that the money is guaranteed to the schools....the schools have no incentative to ensure they are getting the students that can handle the work, nor an incenative to keep them....moreover the loans can't be discharged now if the student fails, and needs bankrupty protections

The schools have nothing to lose, and a direct line to the federal piggy bank.

Moreover, without the "middle man" nobody is looking at the student, to ensure they can handle the loan, and qualify....all a kid has to do is going fill some blanks on a federal govt website....and if there is some sort of untruth in the lending, there is nobody they can sue. The student is simply on the hook, and beholden to Congressional action or inaction

There is a reason that student loan debt has exploded AFTER the Dem takeover....https://research.collegeboard.org/pdf/trends-college-pricing-student-aid-2020.pdf

As you can see, on CP-2...from 90 to 00, the price increased, certainly, but by about a $1400....after the take over, in a ten year span, it's more then doubled in price!

You add to that the ease of money....you have more people borrowing...

I find it odd that liberals want the federal government to forgive/cancel student loan debt but never say anything about controlling the skyrocketing cost of college tuition. I guess since most universities are run by liberals, liberals don't want to rock their boat and spoil their gravy train. Rather, they want the rest of us to foot the bill for students who don't want to pay back their student loans.
If the government stopped guaranteeing student loans, tuition rates would drop

If government quit bailing out businesses............................
what does business have to do with this? In fact, many businesses actually pay for their employees to go to college, or get an advanced degree...they offer solutions to the student loan problem...more used to, because Obama and the Dems horrible takeover of the student loan industry.

What "solution"? They simply repackaged a Federal loan to get a cut, with the end result of student paying even more.

No they paid far less...

No it wasn't a Federal "loan" - the Feds insured it...like they do all banks.

Feds aren't...they aren't at all...hence the massive explosion of debt and massive increase in cost to students. https://research.collegeboard.org/pdf/trends-college-pricing-student-aid-2020.pdf

What else do you propose the government place price controls on? The rising costs of housing? Rent? Cell phones? Cars? CEO pay?

We have to bail out business all the time, why not controls to address this?
I think the government should place price controls on the Demonrats in the House, and in particular those experiencing their second childhood like Nancy Pelosi who had gold pens made for the occassion and given out to her inferiors for her Trump impeachment-harrassment party.

The schools have nothing to lose, and a direct line to the federal piggy bank.
download.png

until the average American realizes that capitalism damages his livelihood while augmenting the livelihoods of the wealthy, the Almighty Dollar will continue to rule

until the average American realizes that capitalism damages his livelihood while augmenting the livelihoods of the wealthy, the Almighty Dollar will continue to rule

You're free to use bitcoins, yen, rubles, shiny beads......all you need is a willing counterparty.

Post your progress here.

Good luck!!

It's been discussed many, many, many times. Trump supporters made excuse after excuse.
If you vote for people who bail out whoever, that is what you will get.
This was the question:
Which bail-outs did Trump receive?

What else do you propose the government place price controls on? The rising costs of housing? Rent? Cell phones? Cars? CEO pay?

Democrats are bailing out Blue states that suck at business.

Democrats are bailing out Blue states that suck at business.

All states are getting them.

Forum List

Back