Instead of Demanding Student Loan Forgiveness, Why Don't Liberals Demand Price Controls on College Tuition?

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
I find it odd that liberals want the federal government to forgive/cancel student loan debt but never say anything about controlling the skyrocketing cost of college tuition. I guess since most universities are run by liberals, liberals don't want to rock their boat and spoil their gravy train. Rather, they want the rest of us to foot the bill for students who don't want to pay back their student loans.

I find it odd that liberals want the federal government to forgive/cancel student loan debt but never say anything about controlling the skyrocketing cost of college tuition. I guess since most universities are run by liberals, liberals don't want to rock their boat and spoil their gravy train. Rather, they want the rest of us to foot the bill for students who don't want to pay back their student loans.

What else do you propose the government place price controls on? The rising costs of housing? Rent? Cell phones? Cars? CEO pay?

We have to bail out business all the time, why not controls to address this?

If the government stopped guaranteeing student loans, tuition rates would drop

ha....not gonna happen....the academics support the DNC...they are a massive special interest group that is getting paid well because of Dem handouts.

Prince controls though aren't the the solution...the solution is to undo the massive Obamacare takeover of the student loan business...after that happened schools drastically up their rates, and were guaranteed the cash from the Feds.

Amen. Democrats won't ever do anything to lessen their stranglehold on our education cartel, especially now that minorities and the poor are catching on to their lying bullshit. They also know the teachers unions will kick back beaucoup bucks to protect their candidates.

This.

yep...the schools have no skin in the game and can charge whatever...they are guaranteed the money. So a kid, maybe no qualifed, gets in, gets a loan, the school gets paid, the kid fails out, or drops out, the kid is stuck with the loan, the school gets paid...the Sen Warrens of the world get paid, and a new student is put in...

If the schools had an incentative to be more selective, or help a student succeed because, gasp, the kid could could defaut on the loan, or declare bankrupty and rid the debt, then things would be different.

The party of free shit can't change it up.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA

If government quit bailing out businesses............................

FREE!!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/politics/trump-farmers-bailout-trade-war

irrelevant to the topic but as I have told you before I have never supported bailouts

If the government gave everybody free college education, then the government would control the price.

irrelevant to the topic but as I have told you before I have never supported bailouts

No it's not irrelevant. It's irrelevant whether you support it or not. You want to stop ALL government intervention? OK. Otherwise I support bankrupting the country.

what does business have to do with this? In fact, many businesses actually pay for their employees to go to college, or get an advanced degree...they offer solutions to the student loan problem...more used to, because Obama and the Dems horrible takeover of the student loan industry.

what does business have to do with this? In fact, many businesses actually pay for their employees to go to college, or get an advanced degree...they offer solutions to the student loan problem...more used to, because Obama and the Dems horrible takeover of the student loan industry.

College is also a business.

No it's not irrelevant. It's irrelevant whether you support it or not. You want to stop ALL government intervention? OK. Otherwise I support bankrupting the country.
where colleges and universities going bankrupt before Xiden and Obama's takeover of the student loan industry?

College is also a business.
What other businesses are this sort of set up with the Govt? If they do I am for canceling them as well.

FREE!!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/politics/trump-farmers-bailout-trade-war

Why are you changing the topic sugar? Start a new thread cupcake and I will reply.

where colleges and universities going bankrupt before Xiden and Obama's takeover of the student loan industry?

If you want to address this as an adult I would be happy to reply.

Forum List

Back