Instead of Demanding Student Loan Forgiveness, Why Don't Liberals Demand Price Controls on College Tuition?

I find it odd that liberals want the federal government to forgive/cancel student loan debt but never say anything about controlling the skyrocketing cost of college tuition. I guess since most universities are run by liberals, liberals don't want to rock their boat and spoil their gravy train. Rather, they want the rest of us to foot the bill for students who don't want to pay back their student loans.
If the government stopped guaranteeing student loans, tuition rates would drop

If government quit bailing out businesses............................
what does business have to do with this? In fact, many businesses actually pay for their employees to go to college, or get an advanced degree...they offer solutions to the student loan problem...more used to, because Obama and the Dems horrible takeover of the student loan industry.

College is also a business.
What other businesses are this sort of set up with the Govt? If they do I am for canceling them as well.

The Federal Reserve for a big one. I'll be happy to do that.

I find it odd that liberals want the federal government to forgive/cancel student loan debt but never say anything about controlling the skyrocketing cost of college tuition. I guess since most universities are run by liberals, liberals don't want to rock their boat and spoil their gravy train. Rather, they want the rest of us to foot the bill for students who don't want to pay back their student loans.
I have said before if the Teachers want to teach our kids that school should be free, the the teachers should teach for free. That would solve the problem...

I have said before if the Teachers want to teach our kids that school should be free, the the teachers should teach for free. That would solve the problem...

Why shouldn't the CEO's of businesses that have been bailed out not have to work for free?

Businesses taking in millions in government subsidies?

What else do you propose the government place price controls on? The rising costs of housing? Rent? Cell phones? Cars? CEO pay?

We have to bail out business all the time, why not controls to address this?
151980903_10224918755546421_2299844379511703644_n.jpg

Attachments

• 151980903_10224918755546421_2299844379511703644_n.jpg
    151980903_10224918755546421_2299844379511703644_n.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 10

What else do you propose the government place price controls on? The rising costs of housing? Rent? Cell phones? Cars? CEO pay?

Sometimes not all the time.

Fine. Why should these restrictions not apply in all times? Not just in one instance.

Fine. Why should these restrictions not apply in all times? Not just in one instance.
They should. I do not support any bail outs.

Why shouldn't the CEO's of businesses that have been bailed out not have to work for free?

Which subsidies? Since when?

I was against the bailouts Bush and Obama did.

Which subsidies? Since when?

Ask a serious question.

But not the ones Trump did?

Price controls on federally funded State Colleges is reasonable, perhaps? Or State governments should enact price control measures on State run colleges themselves?

Right now, tax payers fund the schools, and are now funding the loans of students to go to those government schools....double whammy...it seems?

College tuition prices are controlled by the same economic laws as anything else.

If you have a system where government agencies like the Dept of Education are throwing countless billions at an industry, what else would you expect to happen? More money chasing a limited amount of education, means higher prices.

The debt problem in college education is something else altogether. No reasonable person would issue loans at the same terms for someone who has good collateral and is studying something worthwhile in school like mechanical engineering or urology, than they would for someone without collateral and studying black studies or lesbian poetry.

The reform I would propose is to insist on collateral and cosigners for loans to those studying low demand fields with low pay, insisting on higher interest rates and breaking the legs of those who fail to pay timely.

I was no aware of one Trump did, but if he did. I'm against it.

I was no aware of one Trump did, but if he did. I'm against it.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/politics/trump-farmers-bailout-trade-war

what does business have to do with this? In fact, many businesses actually pay for their employees to go to college, or get an advanced degree...they offer solutions to the student loan problem...more used to, because Obama and the Dems horrible takeover of the student loan industry.

What other businesses are this sort of set up with the Govt? If they do I am for canceling them as well.

The Federal Reserve isn't a business...it's part of Govt.

irrelevant to the topic but as I have told you before I have never supported bailouts

No it's not irrelevant. It's irrelevant whether you support it or not. You want to stop ALL government intervention? OK. Otherwise I support bankrupting the country.
where colleges and universities going bankrupt before Xiden and Obama's takeover of the student loan industry?

If you want to address this as an adult I would be happy to reply.
Huh? So, I take it the answer is zero.

The Federal Reserve isn't a business...it's part of Govt.

Banks don't get paid with things like interest from the Fed?

Forum List

Back