Instead of Demanding Student Loan Forgiveness, Why Don't Liberals Demand Price Controls on College Tuition?

I find it odd that liberals want the federal government to forgive/cancel student loan debt but never say anything about controlling the skyrocketing cost of college tuition. I guess since most universities are run by liberals, liberals don't want to rock their boat and spoil their gravy train. Rather, they want the rest of us to foot the bill for students who don't want to pay back their student loans.
If the government stopped guaranteeing student loans, tuition rates would drop

If government quit bailing out businesses............................

irrelevant to the topic but as I have told you before I have never supported bailouts

No it's not irrelevant. It's irrelevant whether you support it or not. You want to stop ALL government intervention? OK. Otherwise I support bankrupting the country.
where colleges and universities going bankrupt before Xiden and Obama's takeover of the student loan industry?

If you want to address this as an adult I would be happy to reply.
Huh? So, I take it the answer is zero.

I stopped with the silly name calling around 12.

I find it odd that liberals want the federal government to forgive/cancel student loan debt but never say anything about controlling the skyrocketing cost of college tuition. I guess since most universities are run by liberals, liberals don't want to rock their boat and spoil their gravy train. Rather, they want the rest of us to foot the bill for students who don't want to pay back their student loans.
Amen. Democrats won't ever do anything to lessen their stranglehold on our education cartel, especially now that minorities and the poor are catching on to their lying bullshit. They also know the teachers unions will kick back beaucoup bucks to protect their candidates.

What does college tuition that have to teachers unions? Not a damn thing. You are terminally confused.

Yes, because giving them MORE power is the answer :lol:
How about the get out of the business entirely, so rates will drop? This, just like healthcare, is overpriced because the govt got involved.
Having those same asswipes try and "fix it" is insane.

Yes, because giving them MORE power is the answer :lol:
How about the get out of the business entirely, so rates will drop? This, just like healthcare, is overpriced because the govt got involved.
Having those same asswipes try and "fix it" is insane.

Your exactly right. Those areas of medical care with minimal government and insurance company involvement have the most reasonable prices not rising so much. Like Lasek eye surgery, vetenarian medicine and abortion (under the hyde amendment) which are cash-and-carry businesses.

irrelevant to the topic but as I have told you before I have never supported bailouts

No it's not irrelevant. It's irrelevant whether you support it or not. You want to stop ALL government intervention? OK. Otherwise I support bankrupting the country.
where colleges and universities going bankrupt before Xiden and Obama's takeover of the student loan industry?

when did I call you a name????

what does business have to do with this? In fact, many businesses actually pay for their employees to go to college, or get an advanced degree...they offer solutions to the student loan problem...more used to, because Obama and the Dems horrible takeover of the student loan industry.

College is also a business.
What other businesses are this sort of set up with the Govt? If they do I am for canceling them as well.

The Federal Reserve for a big one. I'll be happy to do that.
The Federal Reserve isn't a business...it's part of Govt.

Banks don't get paid with things like interest from the Fed?
no, they get paid with interest from the people that they lean money too...

I know I am certainly paying my lender for my mortage

I have said before if the Teachers want to teach our kids that school should be free, the the teachers should teach for free. That would solve the problem...

You really are a fucking moron, aren't you?

That would cut in to their donor's pockets that's why.

Amen. Democrats won't ever do anything to lessen their stranglehold on our education cartel, especially now that minorities and the poor are catching on to their lying bullshit. They also know the teachers unions will kick back beaucoup bucks to protect their candidates.

What does college tuition that have to teachers unions? Not a damn thing. You are terminally confused.
Don't you think there are professors associations and don't you think they vote almost universally Democrat? I even remember seeing where the University of Pennsylvania gave a gang of money to the Biden campaign. So where professor associations might not actually be called a union, for voting and political contribution purposes they are essentially the same

Don't you think there are professors associations and don't you think they vote almost universally Democrat? I even remember seeing where the University of Pennsylvania gave a gang of money to the Biden campaign. So where professor associations might not actually be called a union, for voting and political contribution purposes they are essentially the same

Mean what you say and say what you mean!

What else do you propose the government place price controls on? The rising costs of housing? Rent? Cell phones? Cars? CEO pay?

We have to bail out business all the time, why not controls to address this?
Which of those things are people suggesting that the government forgive/cancel people's debt on? Should I be able to go and choose any car I like, drive it for 5 years and then decide I don't want to pay for it and have the government cancel my loan? Can I buy a house and decide that I'm tired of paying the loan but want to keep the benefit of having the house and expect daddy government to clear my debt?

You didn't. That doesn't mean what I said isn't valid.

I have no idea who Xiden is.

what does business have to do with this? In fact, many businesses actually pay for their employees to go to college, or get an advanced degree...they offer solutions to the student loan problem...more used to, because Obama and the Dems horrible takeover of the student loan industry.

College is also a business.
What other businesses are this sort of set up with the Govt? If they do I am for canceling them as well.

The Federal Reserve for a big one. I'll be happy to do that.
The Federal Reserve isn't a business...it's part of Govt.

no, they get paid with interest from the people that they lean money too...

I know I am certainly paying my lender for my mortage

They get millions in interest from the Fed.

That's a good question. I'm of the opinion that college is 4-5 times the price it should be.

"Xiden" is a reference to Sleepy Joe. Biden is his actual surname, but the "X" is substituted for the B to emphasize his subservience to Chairman Xi in Beijing.

What else do you propose the government place price controls on? The rising costs of housing? Rent? Cell phones? Cars? CEO pay?

We have to bail out business all the time, why not controls to address this?
Which of those things are people suggesting that the government forgive/cancel people's debt on? Should I be able to go and choose any car I like, drive it for 5 years and then decide I don't want to pay for it and have the government cancel my loan? Can I buy a house and decide that I'm tired of paying the loan but want to keep the benefit of having the house and expect daddy government to clear my debt?

GM still owes the taxpayers billions. The banks who made bad loans still owe the taxpayers billions.

"Xiden" is a reference to Sleepy Joe. Biden is his actual surname, but the "X" is substituted for the B to emphasize his subservience to Chairman Xi in Beijing.

Which is extremely juevinile.

They get paid for deposits. So do you.........a little.

The Fed gave banks billions. Told them they had to save some of it and paid them interest on it.

Don't we all wish we could get such a sweet deal?

The Fed gave banks billions.

Gave?

You're confused.

Don't we all wish we could get such a sweet deal?

You can get short-term loans from the Fed. Just become a bank.
There's a lot of paperwork involved. Let me know how it goes.

Forum List

Back