How Politifact got it so wrong when they said Biden was right gas price increases due to Putin!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011

“Make no mistake: The current spike in gas prices is largely the fault of Vladimir Putin.”
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.10.09 AM.png

PolitiFact - How much blame does Putin deserve for high gasoline prices?

Now for the FACTS!!!
1) When did Biden stop Russian oil importation?
Today, March 8, 2022... President Biden will sign an Executive Order (E.O.) to ban the import of Russian oil, liquefied natural gas, and coal to the United States – a significant action with widespread bipartisan support that will further deprive President Putin of the economic resources he uses to continue his needless war of choice.
Hmmm... If stopped 14 months after Biden took office... why did gas prices go up from $2.506..
1/20/20 gas price was Weekly U.S. Regular All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.14.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 8.17.05 AM.png

3/1/22 When Biden stopped Russian oil importation... gas prices $4.102/gal...
Hmmm...
Biden took office 1/27/20 gas $2.506/gallon
Biden stops Russian 3/8/22 gas $4.239/gallon
Hmmm.. Thats a $1.72 or 69% gas increase BEFORE THE RUSSIAN EMBARGO WAS EVEN SIGNED!
Would someone explain where Biden came up with this statement:
"The current spike in gas prices is largely the fault of Vladimir Putin.”

Last edited:

“Make no mistake: The current spike in gas prices is largely the fault of Vladimir Putin.”
View attachment 637930

Now for the FACTS!!!
Today, March 8, 2022... President Biden will sign an Executive Order (E.O.) to ban the import of Russian oil, liquefied natural gas, and coal to the United States – a significant action with widespread bipartisan support that will further deprive President Putin of the economic resources he uses to continue his needless war of choice.
Hmmm... If stopped 14 months after Biden took office... why did gas prices go up from $2.506..
1/20/21 gas price was Weekly U.S. Regular All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)
View attachment 637935

View attachment 637936
Hmmm...
Hmmm.. Thats a $1.72 or 69% gas increase BEFORE THE RUSSIAN EMBARGO WAS EVEN SIGNED!
What else can they blame it on...Pooty poot

View attachment 637930

Now for the FACTS!!!
1/20/21 gas price was Weekly U.S. Regular All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)
View attachment 637935

View attachment 637936
Hmmm...

1651240567878.png

Your year is wrong.

View attachment 637930

Now for the FACTS!!!
1/20/20 gas price was Weekly U.S. Regular All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)
View attachment 637935

View attachment 637936
Hmmm...
There have been sanctions on Russia since 2014 for Crimea. By mid-2016, Russia had lost an estimated $170 billion due to financial sanctions, with another $400 billion in lost revenues from oil and gas.[7] Just saying.

View attachment 637930

Now for the FACTS!!!
View attachment 637935

View attachment 637936
Hmmm...
its all about how you define "current".
The past few months, or further back.

There are a few things contributing to inflation.
Some of them global, but the covid reliefs in the USA added approx 3% to inflation -> increased demand with supply chains unable to keep up. But since inflation is up also in other countries, and gas prices up also in other countries, its not a US specific thing or a Biden specific thing.

Some of them global, but the covid reliefs in the USA added approx 3% to inflation -> increased demand with supply chains unable to keep up. But since inflation is up also in other countries, and gas prices up also in other countries, its not a US specific thing or a Biden specific thing.
Right but Biden said: "The current spike in gas prices is largely the fault of Vladimir Putin.”
Now the below chart is oil importation from Russia from 1/1/2020 to when it stopped in 3/1/22.
468,073 barrels in those 26 months from Russia.
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 10.29.11 AM.png

Again.. remember...Biden said...The current spike in gas prices is largely the fault of Vladimir Putin"
So when Biden again spouts a LIE... fault of Putin...
Even though during those 26 months .8,651,500,000 barrels of crude oil was imported or 0.005% coming from
Russia? and Biden says..."The current spike in gas prices is largely the fault of Vladimir Putin"?
FACTS folks!!!

We've never gotten even 10% from Russia that I am aware of. Gas went up a lot more than 10% before the Russian attack to take over Ukraine, but is now actually dropping slowly.
I just paid $4.35 this week which is up from $4.19 last week.
I hear rumors about the prices dropping but I have yet to see it.

Excuse after excuse. Politicians can muddle things. Progs are the best at it.

I've been on this board for almost 10 years and during that time I don't remember any member making a comment like this" Thank you for your substantiation. It has provided me with more information that has
altered my perceptions, especially regarding the biased MSM
."
This post is a perfect example. I'm showing how Biden has lied about gas prices being the fault of Putin.
When in reality one of many reasons for higher gas prices is HIS moratorium on Federal land exploration.
Federal lands provide at least 24% of the nation's oil and gas.
FACT:Biden banned in just 7 days from taking office, the exploration on land that produces 24% of our nation's oil/gas! https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R42432
But so far not one member that have an opposite point of view (POV) i.e. "Biden is not to blame for gas prices " have admitted to the truth that the FACTS and substantiations and links I've provided counter their POV.
Speaks volumes about some people's honesty, integrity and desire for the truth!

I've been on this board for almost 10 years and during that time I don't remember any member making a comment like this" Thank you for your substantiation. It has provided me with more information that has
altered my perceptions, especially regarding the biased MSM
."
This post is a perfect example. I'm showing how Biden has lied about gas prices being the fault of Putin.
When in reality one of many reasons for higher gas prices is HIS moratorium on Federal land exploration.
Federal lands provide at least 24% of the nation's oil and gas.
FACT:Biden banned in just 7 days from taking office, the exploration on land that produces 24% of our nation's oil/gas! https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R42432
But so far not one member that have an opposite point of view (POV) i.e. "Biden is not to blame for gas prices " have admitted to the truth that the FACTS and substantiations and links I've provided counter their POV.
Speaks volumes about some people's honesty, integrity and desire for the truth!
thats because youre using data from 2018

Biden issued more drilling permits by a 3rd

View attachment 637930

Now for the FACTS!!!
View attachment 637935

View attachment 637936
Hmmm...

^
Just mad that Biden is masterfully using the war in Ukraine as a political tool to defend himself from criticism.

Bush played the "You must support our troops" card for 8 years. I guess the pendulum has swung back a tiny bit.

I just paid $4.35 this week which is up from $4.19 last week.
I hear rumors about the prices dropping but I have yet to see it.
It is slowly abating somewhat. This is Jackson TN according to GasBuddy, just now. I don't even pay anywhere near that, as we shop at Kroger and eat very well, so we are consistently .35 to .50 off by the time we have to buy, as not driving the miles daily in retirement, as we did when we went out to make a living. This store is about 3-1/2 blocks from my house and sells really great breakfast sandwiches and chicken on a stick kabobs.
1651251941670.png

Forum List

Back