What I'm saying is that god made everything in the universe. He didn't make 4 headed people, so why did he make deformed babies in his universe? You feel me?
You are not listening. Or, you know nothing of science?
So why did god make science in such a way that we have deformed, suffering babies?

What I'm saying is that god made everything in the universe. He didn't make 4 headed people, so why did he make deformed babies in his universe? You feel me?
So why did god make science in such a way that we have deformed, suffering babies?
My question to each and every one of the gods would be: “Bubba (and Bubb’ettes), you have some a’ splainin to do”

I am sorry you cannot love or care for deformed babies--and that is the only thing you see--the physical beauty someone or something has or does not have. Why didn't God make you more loving and caring? Because you get to create that in yourself. And you appear to believe a caring person would destroy what is deformed.

My question to each and every one of the gods would be: “Bubba (and Bubb’ettes), you have some a’ splainin to do”
I bet that conversation will go over well. :lol:

I am sorry you cannot love or care for deformed babies--and that is the only thing you see--the physical beauty someone or something has or does not have. Why didn't God make you more loving and caring? Because you get to create that in yourself. And you appear to believe a caring person would destroy what is deformed.
You avoid the question because you obviously have no answer as to why a loving god would make deformed, pain-racked babies. I don't understand it either.

You avoid the question because you obviously have no answer as to why a loving god would make deformed, pain-racked babies. I don't understand it either.
I answered the question, and directly at that. Perhaps you don't like that I have an answer? By the way, not saying it is the correct answer, just what I observe given the world we live in and the God I know.

He doesn't.
Seems like she answered it to me.

When it comes to being a one trick pony you are just like hobelim and breezewood. You just each have a different pony. :lol:

I answered the question, and directly at that. Perhaps you don't like that I have an answer? By the way, not saying it is the correct answer, just what I observe given the world we live in and the God I know.
You scapegoated god’s making deformed babies. You don’t seem to know why.

He doesn't.

When it comes to being a one trick pony you are just like hobelim and breezewood. You just each have a different pony. :lol:
You don’t know either why god makes deformed and in pain babies. You just think that it’s cool that he does. Maybe you better stfu.

You scapegoated
Actually, no. I tend to want to look at the whole picture. We are a physical people living in a physical world and all that entails. You seem to want to live in fairy tale land. Try accepting what is, instead of what isn't or what it is you want.

He doesn't.

You don’t know either why god makes deformed and in pain babies. You just think that it’s cool that he does. Maybe you better stfu.
I've answered this question a thousand times because you are a one trick pony. Don't get your panties wadded up.

The same from your gods

Nothing but silence.
Two things to consider:

• Are the right questions being asked?
  • Are you listening?

• I have to admit, I don’t find any logical argument for supernaturalism. I don’t see any reason to make appeals to incorporeal entities. Similarly, I have no reason to believe that any of the gods will either punish me or assist me in any afterlife or in the corporeal world.
  • As to listening, I “listen” to the best precepts I can muster for decision making: risk vs. reward, probable outcome, let the facts lead your decision and use your experience to keep emotion to a minimum. I would never let the behaviors of the gods in the Bible serve as my model for ethical behavior. So yeah, they have some a’splainin to do.

I have to admit, I don’t find any logical argument for supernaturalism. I don’t see any reason to make appeals to incorporeal entities. Similarly, I have no reason to believe that any of the gods will either punish me or assist me in any afterlife or in the corporeal world.
So, not belief, just an interest in religion or religion forums?

Re Maimondes:

Halachically, Maimonides says in three distinct places that the Christians are idol worshippers.

1. In his interpretation of the Mishna, tractate Avoda Zara 1:3, he writes: “Know that this Chriatian nation, who are making the claim of a messiah, with all their many different sects, are all idol worshippers and all their holidays are forbidden, and we deal with them regarding religious issues as we would pagans.”

And he adds (AZ 4): “Therefore one must know that in every one of the Christian nation’s cities which has an altar, meaning their house of worship, it is a pagan house of idolatry without any doubt.”

2. In the uncensored version of Hayad Hachazaka (Hilchot Avoda Zara 9:4), Maimonides issues the edict: “The Christians are idol worshipers and Sunday is their religious holiday, therefore in Eretz Israel we may not trade with them on Thursday and Friday of every week, and needless to say on Sunday, which is forbidden [for trade with Christians] everywhere.” Trade in this context refers especially to paying back loans, which would enhance their joy on the day of their idol.

3. Also in Hayad Hachazaka, the laws of forbidden foods, the uncensored version (Hilchot Maachalot Asurot 11:7): “The Christians are idol worshippers and their regular wine if forbidden to be consumed” by Jews since it is likely to be used as libation in their pagan service.

On the other hand, Maimonides defends Islam against the popular accusations of his day, which argued that the Kaaba stone in Mecca and some of the rites performed during their Haj pilgrimage were rooted in idol worship.

In his Letter to Obadiah the Proselyte Maimonides states clearly: “These Ishmaelites are not idol worshippers in the least, and [paganism] has been long since cut off from their mouths and their hearts, and they worship the singular God properly and without any blemish.”

Jews were always allies with Muslims against Christian nations, which of course is why they were always mis-trusted and treated as if they were Muslims. Maimonides alleged 'wisdom' was not very deep. For most Orthodox and all Ultra-Orthodox Jews, all gentiles are dogs, beasts of burden, and aren't 'people'.

You scapegoated
Actually, no. I tend to want to look at the whole picture. We are a physical people living in a physical world and all that entails. You seem to want to live in fairy tale land. Try accepting what is, instead of what isn't or what it is you want.
I’m just asking why god makes deformed and retarded babies? It’s not that I’d rather he didn’t, just asking why it happens.

Forum List

Back