...remove the blood lust violence and suffering
Suffering, like forest fires, serves a purpose. It always new growth to occur. It teaches us lessons.
So god makes deformed babies to teach us a lesson? What a total fucking douchesack.
It seems that you place great weight on being good and doing good. Why is that? Why is it important to you that good is done?
I want to understand why god makes deformed babies. if it's to teach us a lesson, then he's an asshole. So it can't be, you hear me?
I want to understand why you think god makes them. What else does God make? Is it important to you that good is done? Why?
Didn't god makes everything in the universe (out of nothing)? So why would there purposely be deformed and retarded babies. We don't see people with 3 heads because god didn't make those kinds of people. You feel me?
Did God make you write this post?
Yes, he wants to know if anyone can figure out why he does nasty shit like that... while he rolls a joint.
That's interesting. You seem especially upset today. Did something happen?
HOLY CHANGE THE SUBJECT BATMAN!
You are having a rough day.

Suffering, like forest fires, serves a purpose. It always new growth to occur. It teaches us lessons.
So god makes deformed babies to teach us a lesson? What a total fucking douchesack.
It seems that you place great weight on being good and doing good. Why is that? Why is it important to you that good is done?
I want to understand why god makes deformed babies. if it's to teach us a lesson, then he's an asshole. So it can't be, you hear me?
I want to understand why you think god makes them. What else does God make? Is it important to you that good is done? Why?
Didn't god makes everything in the universe (out of nothing)? So why would there purposely be deformed and retarded babies. We don't see people with 3 heads because god didn't make those kinds of people. You feel me?
Yes, he wants to know if anyone can figure out why he does nasty shit like that... while he rolls a joint.
Do you feel sorry for me?

Most days, yes.

Most days, yes.
Need a tissue?

Most days, yes.
Need a tissue?
I’m good.

Lot of verbiage from ding. None of which makes any sense, except his posit.
"The profession of faith begins with God,"

Prove it.
Why?
It's your OP. Not mine. Ask yourself.

"The profession of faith begins with God,"
You don't know why you want me to prove it to you?
Wrong. So silly.
Well, when you can explain to me why it matters to you, let me know.

I just want to know why god would make babies so deformed that they live a short life in constant pain. That type of thing. Seems kinda cruel, don't you think?
I note you moved the goal post and avoided admitting you could not love a deformed person. Now you are complaining about having to undertake the responsibility to care for a deformed person--or a person who is pain--for all the days remaining in his/her life. The cruelty I see is your own.

I just want to know why god would make babies so deformed that they live a short life in constant pain. That type of thing. Seems kinda cruel, don't you think?
I note you moved the goal post and avoided admitting you could not love a deformed person. Now you are complaining about having to undertake the responsibility to care for a deformed person--or a person who is pain--for all the days remaining in his/her life. The cruelty I see is your own.
Sure, if it were my kid, I would love it and try to help, even if that meant Kevorkian style. It still doesn't take away the maker's actions to have made someone so deformed and in constant pain.

That should make a great Hallmark card. Show someone you care by killing them.

Sure, if it were my kid, I would love it and try to help, even if that meant Kevorkian style. It still doesn't take away the maker's actions to have made someone so deformed and in constant pain.
Taz, by now you know that I have done much research and reading in my life. The main reason I hold mobs with contempt and disdain is because it was a mob who burned the library in Alexandria and so much was lost about ancient times.

But with what remains--including the Bible--an ancient philosophy that crops up is that there is a heavenly earth. Also, the story of Adam and Eve is not just a story about two people. It is the story of every man and every woman since the beginning of time to this day. We here tales of a heavenly Eden where each man and each woman make a choice. Do we wish to only experience a heavenly Eden and only know what is good--or do we wish to experience and gain knowledge of both good and evil. We here on earth are those who wanted/chose to know both. We wanted a physical life which meant the pain of physical birth--and births that did not always go well; we wanted to make our own way which meant tilling and hunting the land; it meant the petty spats and jealousies that could lead to murder and war. It meant coveting what others had. However, we did not just want to know bad, we truly wanted to experience good as well, we want good to prevail--or most of us do.

Genesis is not a story of two people messing it up for the rest of us. It is the story of you, the story of me. And you will kill a deformed baby other than let either of you suffer the pain of its existence. You (and many others) call that good because you see evil in the pain and the deformity. I am not saying you are wrong. But others (me among them) see good in deformity and have the strength to bear pain. We see good in living. And I will bet you will not say that we are wrong. We are here to learn about and to experience both good and evil. It was an individual choice we made before birth. Or, at least that is the philosophy of many ancients and even some today.

All my life, I have had empathy for the disabled and deformed.
NEVER intentionally berated them or made fun of them, even as a young child.

However, that favor was not necessarily returned as I recall the day I was in a cast on crutches still trying to go to school.
one black kid couldn't help himself and made a point of mocking my pain.
On the bus (on crutches) no one offered me a seat, so I had to stand the entire ride trying to not fall.

Basically, human beings are not kind. I would imagine the ratio is around 80% evil and uncaring, 20% kind and thoughtful.

If I am correct. What has God done ????

However, that favor was not necessarily returned as I recall the day I was in a cast on crutches still trying to go to school.
On the bus (on crutches) no one offered me a seat, so I had to stand the entire ride trying to not fall.

Basically, human beings are not kind. I would imagine the ratio is around 80% evil and uncaring, 20% kind and thoughtful.

MEN frequently think that the evils in the world are more numerous than the good things, that just isn't the case.

Taz, by now you know that I have done much research and reading in my life. The main reason I hold mobs with contempt and disdain is because it was a mob who burned the library in Alexandria and so much was lost about ancient times.

But with what remains--including the Bible--an ancient philosophy that crops up is that there is a heavenly earth. Also, the story of Adam and Eve is not just a story about two people. It is the story of every man and every woman since the beginning of time to this day. We here tales of a heavenly Eden where each man and each woman make a choice. Do we wish to only experience a heavenly Eden and only know what is good--or do we wish to experience and gain knowledge of both good and evil. We here on earth are those who wanted/chose to know both. We wanted a physical life which meant the pain of physical birth--and births that did not always go well; we wanted to make our own way which meant tilling and hunting the land; it meant the petty spats and jealousies that could lead to murder and war. It meant coveting what others had. However, we did not just want to know bad, we truly wanted to experience good as well, we want good to prevail--or most of us do.

Genesis is not a story of two people messing it up for the rest of us. It is the story of you, the story of me. And you will kill a deformed baby other than let either of you suffer the pain of its existence. You (and many others) call that good because you see evil in the pain and the deformity. I am not saying you are wrong. But others (me among them) see good in deformity and have the strength to bear pain. We see good in living. And I will bet you will not say that we are wrong. We are here to learn about and to experience both good and evil. It was an individual choice we made before birth. Or, at least that is the philosophy of many ancients and even some today.
You still didn't answer why god makes deformed and in pain babies...

In my twenties I had a job managing apartments, which included doing the yard work. One day while pruning I sliced into an unseen wasp's nest and took a couple of stings to my face. There was swelling, and the mirror told me I looked like I had been born with a deformity--which did make me look like someone with very low intelligence. I hated to do it, but I was out of groceries and needed to go shopping.

It was amazing. Without anyone being condescending, people began helping me even though I had not asked for help, nor did I need it. With my face swollen, the sound of my 'thank yous' only confirmed something was seriously wrong with me. Kindness enveloped me.

But I hear you. There are people who are evil and uncaring, but perhaps we can make it a 60-40 ratio? With my experience I'd say the ratio was on the side of the good, but I would not enter an argument that the ratio is actually on the side of evil and uncaring.

People can be--and often are--amazing. I am distressed that even though it was long ago, you saw none of it on that day.

He doesn't. We live in the physical world where environment and genetics play a role. I'm guessing you think God should play the role of a genii each time something doesn't measure up to your own standards?

He doesn't. We live in the physical world where environment and genetics play a role. I'm guessing you think God should play the role of a genii each time something doesn't measure up to your own standards?
What I'm saying is that god made everything in the universe. He didn't make 4 headed people, so why did he make deformed babies in his universe? You feel me?

PS My bird could have your bird for lunch.

What I'm saying is that god made everything in the universe. He didn't make 4 headed people, so why did he make deformed babies in his universe? You feel me?
You are not listening. Or, you know nothing of science?

Forum List

Back