Let me walk you through it then like I would a small child. The shortest answer possible.

God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection.
That's all you got? Pretty flimsy stuff there brah. That god made babies on purpose to be deformed, retarded and in constant pain is horrendous, shocking and something only a sadist would do. I couldn't possibly believe in, or follow such a god.
Let me walk you through it then like I would a small child. The shortest answer possible.

God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection.
That's all you got? Pretty flimsy stuff there brah. That god made babies on purpose to be deformed, retarded and in constant pain is horrendous, shocking and something only a sadist would do. I couldn't possibly believe in, or follow such a god.
In God's plan this process of becoming involves the appearance of certain beings and the disappearance of others, the existence of the more perfect alongside the less perfect, both constructive and destructive forces of nature.
Do you make this up as you go along? Plus, it makes no sense.
It makes no sense to you because you don't believe God exists and cares.

In God's plan this process of becoming involves the appearance of certain beings and the disappearance of others, the existence of the more perfect alongside the less perfect, both constructive and destructive forces of nature.
If there would have been monkeys needed to make your plan work, you would have worked them in there as well. :biggrin:

If there would have been monkeys needed to make your plan work, you would have worked them in there as well. :biggrin:
I would say that everything was needed for God's plan. It makes no sense to you because you don't believe God exists and cares.

I would say that everything was needed for God's plan. It makes no sense to you because you don't believe God exists and cares.
God cares so much that he inflicts pain, deformation and retardation on little children. What a douchesack.

God cares so much that he inflicts pain, deformation and retardation on little children. What a douchesack.
I understand that's how you choose to see it, Taz.

You can't give me a good reason for god to have included that in his creation. You're "we're not quite there yet" excuse is bogus.

You can't give me a good reason for god to have included that in his creation. You're "we're not quite there yet" excuse is bogus.
I already explained this to you dozens of times. God has complete knowledge and you don't. He knows better than you do. With infinite power God could always create something better. But with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection.

I already explained this to you dozens of times. God has complete knowledge and you don't. He knows better than you do. With infinite power God could always create something better. But with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection.
Means god’s an asshole for putting kids through that, and what’s also fucked up is that you’re ok with that. You’re sick.

Means god’s an asshole for putting kids through that, and what’s also fucked up is that you’re ok with that. You’re sick.
That's not a surprise to me that you believe that, Taz.

You aren't hurting anyone but yourself.

God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself.

Man didn't cause innocent lambs in the jungle to be eaten by tigers. God did that.
The born blind zebra calf is nothing but food for crocodiles or Lions. Gods plan.
How horrendously cruel to innocents.

All I'm saying is that it stands to reason that it didn't HAVE to be THIS way.

For example, God "could" have made all living creatures such that we got nourishment and energy from the Sun.
Instead, he created a world where everything has to brutally kill everything else to survive.

It just seem more an act of maliciousness.
You are not capable of reaching me due to your dogmatic style.
But thanks for your efforts. Who is this Maimonides ??

That is not how God created the world. In the beginning, before the fall, when everything was as it should be, there was no killing, death, brutality, etc. In the Garden of Eden, both humans AND animals were herbivores. (Genesis 1:29-30) THAT was how God created the world, but after the fall of man everything began to change, and it has gone downhill from there.

But it won't always be that way. When God restores the peace and harmony He created in the beginning, things will once again be as they should be. (See Isaiah 11:6-9)

We members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe that the spirits of all mankind preexisted this life on earth. We believe that we are literally the offspring of God the Father and that he is the Father of our spirits.

Hebrews 12:9

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Ecclesiastes 12:7

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Man didn't cause innocent lambs in the jungle to be eaten by tigers. God did that.
The born blind zebra calf is nothing but food for crocodiles or Lions. Gods plan.
How horrendously cruel to innocents.

If free will is so damn destructive and causes untold suffering, is it really all that great in the first place....WTF ?

REALLY having a hard time with all the horrors caused by this wonderful "free will"
You can't compare the spirit of an animal with the spirit of a man. Animals were created to act by the instinct to survive....to eat when hungry, to reproduce to continue the blood line.......but the spirit of an animal does not go back to the God of Creation at death, it returns to the earth from which it came. You claim it "cruel" for a hungry predator to prey upon the young when hungry in order to survive.........but is it "empathy" for life when a lion that has just eaten, lies on a flat rock in the sun......and watches countless young defenseless animal pass by without so much as a glance? Of course not.........animals have no sense of morality, everything they do is caused by instinct.....even what some would call love is not based upon the morality of an animal. Such as our domesticated K-9s and Feline..........they do not love you and are not loyal to you because of love, that faithfulness must be trained into an animal from birth and heritage. Its not love that makes them respect you, and obey you, its fear and the realized fact that you feed and care for them as the head of the pack. Do you think a cat rubs up against you because it loves you? Hardly, a cat rubs on you to mark you as its property.......no one owns a cat regardless of how you take care of it.........ever try to bath an untrained cat? Go up to a strange cat and rub its belly? Put a strange cat into a cage?

The scriptures point this out in no ambiguous terms. Both man and animals face the same life struggles in order to exist and continue the blood line....they both bleed, hurt, get sick, and are even content with life at times......the most common factor is BOTH DIE.

In discussing this topic of death in relation to both man and animals the wisest man in the Old Testament Solomon pointed out the difference between what happens to animals and man at death. (Eccl. 3:18-21) no one can prove what happens to man at death but Solomon said, "Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal that goes down to the earth?" -- Eccl. 3:21. He states that the spirit of men go back to God who gave it in His image. "The dust (the body) will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it." -- Eccl 12:7 The spirit of man goes back to God to judge based upon just what they did with the greatest gift granted to man.......FREE WILL.

God is a Spirit, man is made in the image of God.......its the spirit of man that reflects God in the fact that man has free will to direct his own mortality, make decisions between right/wrong, good/evil, righteousness/unrighteousness. Only man can plan ahead and make decisions that effect how and when he eats, sleeps, plays, works....etc., only man has the concept of mortality knowing that death is his constant companion.....animals don't reason to do good or bad, animals can't sin because they have no knowledge of right and wrong.....animals are not governed by laws of morality like men. They know only one thing "survival" and that instinct directs their lives.......with the exception of domesticated or trained animals.

The scriptures state that God was sorry that even made man on earth when the thoughts of men became more evil with each passing day, as men by majority were choosing evil over good. Thus.........the flood.....judgement, only Noah was found righteous in the eyes of God. (and his family).

Last edited:
Jesus reveals that he himself bears the divine name:
Yes. I seem to recall that He told some Pharisees "your father, Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad"

After they questioned him about how he could have known that, things kind of went downhill ;)

John 8:56-59 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” 57 So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

We believe that we are literally the offspring of God the Father and that he is the Father of our spirits.
I'm curious about part of your dogma, no offense intended to you at all. Do Mormons believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and that eternal salvation can ONLY be found through accepting Him as Lord?

I'm curious about part of your dogma, no offense intended to you at all. Do Mormons believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and that eternal salvation can ONLY be found through accepting Him as Lord?
Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of the Father in the flesh. Jesus is the Firstborn of all spirit children of the Father. It is only in and through Jesus Christ that all mankind can be saved into the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

In discussing this topic of death in relation to both man and animals the wisest man in the Old Testament Solomon pointed out the difference between what happens to animals and man at death

18 I said to myself, [that this is] because of the children of men, so that God should clarify for them, so that they may see that they are [like] beasts to themselves.
19 For there is a happening for the children of men, and there is a happening for the beasts-and they have one happening-like the death of this one is the death of that one, and all have one spirit, and the superiority of man over beast is nought, for all is vanity

18 I said to myself, [that this is] because of the children of men, so that God should clarify for them, so that they may see that they are [like] beasts to themselves.
19 For there is a happening for the children of men, and there is a happening for the beasts-and they have one happening-like the death of this one is the death of that one, and all have one spirit, and the superiority of man over beast is nought, for all is vanity
Yeah.........if you attempt to declare that one section of scripture contradicts another section of the scriptures, especially when its the same author being quoted, you have a comprehension problem. Solomon is simply pointing out that man and animal are equals in the fact that both are destined to die a physical death, face the same environmental problems in their earthly struggle for life, face the same circumstances of sickness, etc.,

In fact vs. "19" begins by suggesting 2 different fates.......then declaring there is one fate they both share.....physical death.

Ever attempt to read from a valid translation such as the New American Standard, or even the KJV........instead of twisting the interpretation to met a certain doctrine?

Read the scripture in ENGLISH, Same verse......in comprehendible English, ASV (American Standard), Eccl. 3:19, "For that which befalls the sons of men, befalls beasts, even one thing befall them; AS ONE DIETH SO DOES THE OTHER........" Both must face physical death.

Its after death that comes the defining difference between man and beast.

He(SOLOMON) has already stated this in scriptures with no ambiguity possible, with the difference being that the spirit of animals goes back to the earth, while the spirit of man (made in the image of God) goes back to God who gave it....with the physical body going back to the dust from which it was created. In fact........the difference is explained quite clearly in Eccl. 3:22..........why stop reading at 19?

One must comprehend the difference between the spirit of man and the soul of man. Man.....unlike an animal is composed of 3 elements, body, soul and spirit (1 Thess 5:23) The body is not difficult at all to explain (Job: 19-17). Its understood that the body is just a vessel for something that lives on after the flesh is gone. (2 Peter 2:13-14).

Then, its more difficult to understand the soul and spirit. (Heb. 4:12) Paul states that the soul and spirit can be divided. The Greek word used for spirit in this verse means WIND, or like the wind. In this case the spirit being divided from the soul is the thoughts of man or the mind of man.....when your spirit (mind) is separated from your soul you are dead (even in the afterlife) When spirit is used it depends upon the context that surrounds it use that defines its meaning. There is a difference, depending upon the context of the passage when speaking of the spirit of man.

The spirit of man is defined in scripture. Man was made in the image of God (God is a spirit being) -- Gen. 1:26-27, John 4:24

God forms the spirit of man (Zechariah 12:1). In other contextual definitions the spirit of man is referencing THE MIND and THOUGHTS of man, as it is the mind that controls the actions of the man. A man knows his own thoughts (1 Cor. 2:11)

A man's spirit searches the depths of one's heart (Prov. 20:27). One must worship in spirit (mind) and truth (John 4:23-24).

In the case of Solomon......the context makes it obvious......the spirit being spoken of was the Soul/Spirit (Eccl. 12:7) The spirit of man goes back to He that created it for JUDGMENT.

Some might attempt to interpret this and declare there are no animals in heaven...........the simple truth is no one knows, but we do know that animals can't sin because they are unable to comprehend the laws that define sin. No judgement is required of any beast. If the scriptures are silent we are to be silent.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back