Fellow republicans lets stop lying to ourselves.

We need to own up for the fact we picked the wrong man. Obama should not have won. Yet we picked the man who couldn't beat a man who presided over high unemployment , Leaving four men to die and lying about it, Being downgraded for the first time EVER, high fuel and energy costs and food cost and last but not least a corruption the likes we have never seen.

All of this and yet still Obama won...

Not only that but Romney didn't even get the base!

Maybe it is time we stop trying to be the party of moderates and start being Republicans again. The party that ended slavery. The true party of equal rights. The party of smaller government. The party of freedom. I am sorry but we surrendered our principle to try and look hip and in the end it is not what wins or saves the country.

What do we see on TV? That it is conservatives that lost it....Really? Only a damn fool believe Romney was conservative. We are the problem when we nominate a moderate and still he loses?????

Moderates like Romney, Rove and the speaker of the house are killing the party.

"The Party of Equal rights"? - Does that include gays? And equal pay for women?
"The Party of smaller government"? - does that mean getting out of a woman's medical decisions?
"The Party of Freedom?" Does that mean freedom to worship or not worship?

Words are empty - your policies are what beat you.

We need to own up for the fact we picked the wrong man. Obama should not have won. Yet we picked the man who couldn't beat a man who presided over high unemployment , Leaving four men to die and lying about it, Being downgraded for the first time EVER, high fuel and energy costs and food cost and last but not least a corruption the likes we have never seen.

Maybe it is time we stop trying to be the party of moderates and start being Republicans again. The party that ended slavery. The true party of equal rights. The party of smaller government. The party of freedom. I am sorry but we surrendered our principle to try and look hip and in the end it is not what wins or saves the country.

What do we see on TV? That it is conservatives that lost it....Really? Only a damn fool believe Romney was conservative. We are the problem when we nominate a moderate and still he loses?????

"The Party of Equal rights"? - Does that include gays? And equal pay for women?
"The Party of smaller government"? - does that mean getting out of a woman's medical decisions?
"The Party of Freedom?" Does that mean freedom to worship or not worship?

Words are empty - your policies are what beat you.

Yes dumbass it does.....The party against equal rights is democrats.

The correct candidate wouldn't have lost to the worst president we ever had......Thats a fact people. Obama was ripe fruit ready to be picked and Romney failed at doing just that.

You are wrong. The will never be a "right" candidate. The Republicans have a distinct disadvantage and it's call the "press." now that's a fact. a dishonest, election buying corrupt press.

But we were in favor of Obama because of it. Now it's time ot face the fact that Romney was a losing bet.

Nope… simple math

238M Americans of voting age

88M pay no income tax
50M work for the government or the private sector that supports government
12M work for unions in private sector
======
150M pro government Americans

118M people voted

What you are seeing is Atlas Shrugged

We got some work to do. What party doesn't after an election? And the Dims have work to do as well.

If you don't believe that, check out how Barry's popular vote margin shrunk '08 to '12, his millions of fewer popular votes, and his loss of Electoral votes.

We didn't pick the wrong man. We have merely tipped from a country that's majority industrious to one that's majority lazy.

How is any conservative disagreeing with this?

Romney is a moderate, same for Ryan, but they were marketed as conservatives and pulled far right on the social issues.

The GOP needs to evolve. They need fiscally conservative/socially moderate candidates who are for and will actually implement a smaller government or they will continue to lose. I'm done voting for 'the lesser of two evils' because I'm still voting for an evil. The hell with that. I will not vote for any type of Romney/McCain/Bush Republican again.

I'm not holding my breath that the GOP will change. Hope I'm wrong.

Romney is a moderate, same for Ryan, but they were marketed as conservatives and pulled far right on the social issues.

The GOP needs to evolve. They need fiscally conservative/socially moderate candidates who are for and will actually implement a smaller government or they will continue to lose. I'm done voting for 'the lesser of two evils' because I'm still voting for an evil. The hell with that. I will not vote for any type of Romney/McCain/Bush Republican again.

Evolve? You mean be more like the democrats????We tried that with Romney....It didn't work cause no matter how many independents your get you still lose if you cant get your base.

Evolve? You mean be more like the democrats????We tried that with Romney....It didn't work cause no matter how many independents your get you still lose if you cant get your base.

You guys got your base.

Reagan won in 1980 with 60% of the white male vote.. Romney lost with 60% of the white male vote.

The demographics have changed in America, GOP needs to drop the radical right and come back to reality or be: "somebody that I used to know" - Gotye.

No, re-read my post.

Romney got less votes than McCain, not because those people voted for Obama but because they voted third party or didnt' vote at all.

What does that tell you? That they're sick and tired of faux Republicans. GOP tried being like the Dems, it didn't, doesn't, and won't work.

Last edited:

You guys got your base.

Reagan won in 1980 with 60% of the white male vote.. Romney lost with 60% of the white male vote.

The demographics have changed in America, GOP needs to drop the radical right and come back to reality or be: "somebody that I used to know" - Gotye.

Yup and the left needs to drop the lefty loons.

People if we picked the right candidate he would have won. He couldn't garner the support he needed to win the election. It was his to lose and he did just that. At what point do you realize he shouldn't have been the candidate or that being less republican is the correct thing? How hard is it to say Abortion isnt what is holding back the country mister president you are? Or How Mr. President does paying for women's birth control fix the economy? Those are two ways to show the obvious of what they were doing? Romney couldnt even find the balls to do something so simple? He let the man skate on Benghazi.....Pundents saying that was brilliant....How the fuck was that a smart thing to allow the electorate to forget what he did?

I think it's those talking points that got them. The country knows why we have such high unemployement numbers. I think the country doesn't like the Rabid Right trying to use the deaths in the War on Terrorist as political fodder. We all know the role Republicans Brinkmanship (over the debt ceiling) played in the downgrade. Also we know Gas prices steadily rose during the 2000's and the only time it dipped was during the crash begining in Oct 08. There was much more corruption in the Raygun Administration. The Republicans did help bring about the end of slavery however they were never for equal rights. The Republicans are also a party of tax and spend big governemnt like the Democrats, they just spend it a little differently. Romney may well be a moderate, but Rove is nothing of the sort, he is a hard core pseudo-conservative.

I think it's those talking points that got them. The country knows why we have such high unemployement numbers. I think the country doesn't like the Rabid Right trying to use the deaths in the War on Terrorist as political fodder. We all know the role Republicans Brinkmanship (over the debt ceiling) played in the downgrade. Also we know Gas prices steadily rose during the 2000's and the only time it dipped was during the crash begining in Oct 08. There was much more corruption in the Raygun Administration. The Republicans did help bring about the end of slavery however they were never for equal rights. The Republicans are also a party of tax and spend big governemnt like the Democrats, they just spend it a little differently. Romney may well be a moderate, but Rove is nothing of the sort, he is a hard core pseudo-conservative.

The deaths of those 4 men should have been driven harder cause that shows the failure of Obama's leadership!

The deaths of those 4 men should have been driven harder cause that shows the failure of Obama's leadership!

No I don't believe it does and I think when the investigation is over it will be clear. Had Gov. Romeny followed the Faux lead on that he would have lost by a larger majority.

What bothers me more than Romney losing is the absolute stupidity of the GOP in being unable to increase their majority in the House and NOT gaining a majority in the Senate.

There were some good candidates that simply could not get their message across against the smears, lies, and threats from the left.

Oh yeah - 400,000 union workers went out to support Democrat candidates. :mad:

You expect working people and minorities to vote Republican after being demonized by them? Good luck with that.

The Republican message of fiscal conservatism would probably have broader appeal if you didn't also have all these far right social positions too. God, guns and gays will only get you so far.

Many people see the Republican "concern" about the economy as a bunch of bullshit. Run 2 wars on a credit card, have an unfunded Medicare - D benefit, and tax cuts at the same time? What kind of fiscal sanity is that? And then the absolute unwillingness to compromise and get anything done.

You have a lot of gall to complain about smears, lies, and threats. That's about all that comes from the Republican party.

Forum List

Back