Facts about an Obamacare repeal - Things the average citizen doesn't know

Note to Republicans

Obamacare is here to stay. I know you are still all Butthurt and all but why not work to improve Obamacare and help Americans?

IMO as an employee of a medical insurance carrier, and as someone who has spent 8-10 hours a day on the phone with the federal healthcare exchange, providers, and ACA policy holders, since Obamacare plans started on January 1st 2014...

The GOP would be well advised to consider the reality that medical insurance, and costs of healthcare, will NOT go down. No matter what. If Obamacare is repealed, the GOP will get blamed by the DNC for it. Right now the GOP is in a great spot. They can blame it on Obamacare.

I don't think the GOP will be voting to repeal Obamacare if they control the house, senate, and white house.

In fact, not to get off topic, but when the GOP has the house, senate, white house, and maybe even the SCOTUS...we're going to find a dramatic shift of platform, in a great many ways.

If they don't repeal Obamacare, what is this "great shift" that will supposedly occur?
They won't repeal Obamacare. They're only telling you that to keep your enthusiasm high.

The shift I'm talking about will include an end to the Tea Party, and back to how things worked during the Bush and Reagan administrations. Government spending will be defended by the GOP. Talk about slashing taxes will end. Talk about Washington being broken will end. If you criticize the President you won't be considered a patriot, you'll be called someone who is helping the terrorists...plus a lot more like that

The frogs are still transfixed despite your pleas.
I've read your frog analogy a few times, and I find it to be a gross over simplification.

IMO as an employee of a medical insurance carrier, and as someone who has spent 8-10 hours a day on the phone with the federal healthcare exchange, providers, and ACA policy holders, since Obamacare plans started on January 1st 2014...

The GOP would be well advised to consider the reality that medical insurance, and costs of healthcare, will NOT go down. No matter what. If Obamacare is repealed, the GOP will get blamed by the DNC for it. Right now the GOP is in a great spot. They can blame it on Obamacare.

I don't think the GOP will be voting to repeal Obamacare if they control the house, senate, and white house.

In fact, not to get off topic, but when the GOP has the house, senate, white house, and maybe even the SCOTUS...we're going to find a dramatic shift of platform, in a great many ways.

If they don't repeal Obamacare, what is this "great shift" that will supposedly occur?
They won't repeal Obamacare. They're only telling you that to keep your enthusiasm high.

The shift I'm talking about will include an end to the Tea Party, and back to how things worked during the Bush and Reagan administrations. Government spending will be defended by the GOP. Talk about slashing taxes will end. Talk about Washington being broken will end. If you criticize the President you won't be considered a patriot, you'll be called someone who is helping the terrorists...plus a lot more like that

The conservative wing of the part is growing, not declining. You're engaging in wishful thinking. I don't know why you don't just switch to the Democrat Party where you belong.

Progressives rule both party's. That is what partisans from both sides refuse to admit. For if they admitted this one fact, they would be forced into the realization that they don't have any representation. That is because Progressives have an agenda that does not involve representing their constituents. That is why they must then lie. They must lie that you can keep your health care coverage if you like your health care coverage and they must lie that the costs will not double for coverage that is not as good as the one you have now. It is why they would rather spend all their political capital making illegals legal, while ignoring the plight of destitute Americans in places like Detroit.

This is why Congress only has a 10% approval rating, and consistently so. It is also ironic that the same government is proud of their "democracy", so much so that they preach to the rest of the world how great it is, while overthrowing governments and propping up new "democratic" ones in their stead.

The American people are no better off than they were under the British crown in the 1700's. In fact, they are arguably worse off. After all, the Revolution happened because of increased taxation and no representation. Looking at corporate tax rates, the US has tax rates well above the UK, and has approval ratings less than that of the people in the UK.

Perhaps we would have been better off if Washington's boat had sprung a leak and drowned him as he crossed the Delaware River.
I resist the term "progressive" as much as the term "conservative" these days to describe righties and lefties in this country.

Progressive implies change, and the liberal mentality has been prevalent since 1970, so it's the people who call themselves conservatives that are actually trying to change that.

The first Elephant in the room, IMO, is the fact that the GOP is viewed as the party of white people, and the DNC is viewed as the party of everybody else. Almost all the polls done on this validate my statement.

Politicians have a low approval rating because the median income in the US is flat. Whoever is in charge will get the blame.

Economists predicted in 2007 that the recession and unemployment wouldn't get better till 2016, but they left out the fact that the jobs that come back will be McJobs.

The second Elephant in the room is that American workers in general are lazy and entitled compared to their foreign counterparts, and politicians that point that out, or talk about ways to remedy that, will not get elected. The politician who lies and says he'll create jobs for you, will get elected. The people who create jobs are people like Bill Gates, not Barak Obama.

I'm way off topic now...but I see the writing on the wall, IMO, Obamacare will neither destroy nor remedy our cost prohibitive healthcare system. The impending access to healthcare crisis will eventually result in a government healthcare system. I can't imagine any way to avoid it, even though I'm not in favor of it.

No, the term Progressive is perfect for these people. The term accurately shows that their approach is one like a frog being slowly cooked in a hot pot of water. Put the frog in a scolding hot pot and it jumps out, but put him in a warm pot and slowly turn up the heat and he cooks.

Just imagine what the response of Americans would have been 100 years ago to Obamacare. Hell, FDR could barely convince people to embrace Social Security.

As the standard of living slowly goes South, as well as jobs, the frog is transfixed on such partisan issues as racial injustices and gay sex.
Racial issues and gay sex do not affect the economy. They are losing social issues that come back to bite the GOP when they address them.

It's not 1940, and it's not 1780.

When did any Republican come out in favor of racism or shooting black people?

The conservative wing of the part is growing, not declining. You're engaging in wishful thinking. I don't know why you don't just switch to the Democrat Party where you belong.
I'm an Eisenhower Republican, and every year, the Democratic Party gets closer to the way I think, and the Tea Party/Christianic extremists drive the GOP further from reason.

So yeah, whatever I can do to avoid becoming an angry old impotent and intolerant white guy, I'll gladly do

Oh!...I forgot...the GOP might be gaining evangelicals and Tea Partiers that identify as conservatives...but the diversity vote is growing faster.

Last edited:

Progressives rule both party's. That is what partisans from both sides refuse to admit. For if they admitted this one fact, they would be forced into the realization that they don't have any representation. That is because Progressives have an agenda that does not involve representing their constituents. That is why they must then lie. They must lie that you can keep your health care coverage if you like your health care coverage and they must lie that the costs will not double for coverage that is not as good as the one you have now. It is why they would rather spend all their political capital making illegals legal, while ignoring the plight of destitute Americans in places like Detroit.

This is why Congress only has a 10% approval rating, and consistently so. It is also ironic that the same government is proud of their "democracy", so much so that they preach to the rest of the world how great it is, while overthrowing governments and propping up new "democratic" ones in their stead.

The American people are no better off than they were under the British crown in the 1700's. In fact, they are arguably worse off. After all, the Revolution happened because of increased taxation and no representation. Looking at corporate tax rates, the US has tax rates well above the UK, and has approval ratings less than that of the people in the UK.

Perhaps we would have been better off if Washington's boat had sprung a leak and drowned him as he crossed the Delaware River.
I resist the term "progressive" as much as the term "conservative" these days to describe righties and lefties in this country.

Progressive implies change, and the liberal mentality has been prevalent since 1970, so it's the people who call themselves conservatives that are actually trying to change that.

The first Elephant in the room, IMO, is the fact that the GOP is viewed as the party of white people, and the DNC is viewed as the party of everybody else. Almost all the polls done on this validate my statement.

Politicians have a low approval rating because the median income in the US is flat. Whoever is in charge will get the blame.

Economists predicted in 2007 that the recession and unemployment wouldn't get better till 2016, but they left out the fact that the jobs that come back will be McJobs.

The second Elephant in the room is that American workers in general are lazy and entitled compared to their foreign counterparts, and politicians that point that out, or talk about ways to remedy that, will not get elected. The politician who lies and says he'll create jobs for you, will get elected. The people who create jobs are people like Bill Gates, not Barak Obama.

I'm way off topic now...but I see the writing on the wall, IMO, Obamacare will neither destroy nor remedy our cost prohibitive healthcare system. The impending access to healthcare crisis will eventually result in a government healthcare system. I can't imagine any way to avoid it, even though I'm not in favor of it.

No, the term Progressive is perfect for these people. The term accurately shows that their approach is one like a frog being slowly cooked in a hot pot of water. Put the frog in a scolding hot pot and it jumps out, but put him in a warm pot and slowly turn up the heat and he cooks.

Just imagine what the response of Americans would have been 100 years ago to Obamacare. Hell, FDR could barely convince people to embrace Social Security.

As the standard of living slowly goes South, as well as jobs, the frog is transfixed on such partisan issues as racial injustices and gay sex.
Racial issues and gay sex do not affect the economy. They are losing social issues that come back to bite the GOP when they address them.

I didn't say Republicans have come out in favor of racism or shooting black people, you did.

I said racial issues and gay sex do not affect the economy

I'm an Eisenhower Republican, and every year, the Democratic Party gets closer to the way I think, and the Tea Party/Christianic extremists drive the GOP further from reason.

So yeah, whatever I can do to avoid becoming an angry old impotent and intolerant white guy, I'll gladly do

Oh!...I forgot...the GOP might be gaining evangelicals and Tea Partiers that identify as conservatives...but the diversity vote is growing faster.

Eisenhower was indistinguishable from a Democrat, and so are you.

I didn't say Republicans have come out in favor of racism or shooting black people, you did.

I said racial issues and gay sex do not affect the economy

You said the come back to bite the GOP. How could that possibly be true if the GOP isn't in favor of racism? Democrats are going to accuse Republicans of racism because that's the only thing they've got. It doesn't matter what the Republicans say or do.

Thank you

What a nice thing to say

I can't be hard to find such people. Stormfront's full of them.

You're an idiot.

Why's that?

Is it A) because I go around insulting people as the entirety of my post or is it B) because I could easily find a Republican who is a racist and would like to shoot black people on a website full of such people?

Hmmm.

I can't be hard to find such people. Stormfront's full of them.

You're an idiot.
He's right. Stormfront is jam packed with filthy toothless trailer trash losers that would love to see black people shot just for being black

Lot's of them are Democrats.

That's clearly not the point. You wanted someone to find a Republican who met two other requirements. Then when someone says something your answer is "well some are democrats". So what? It's like trying to deny smoking kills then pointing out that traffic accidents kill to. It's got nothing to do with what was being spoken about.

Oh, then you accused ME of being an idiot.

Folks, i have said this from the beginning, if passed it will never go away, I stick with that statement. I will go further to say it will not be fundamentally changed.

How many years has there been talk of, if not getting rid of, changing SS, and nothing happens?

What major government program can anyone name that has ever gone away no matter how bad it is?

That's your problem...you're so hateful that you won't accept a great President's accomplishments because he's not on YOUR side.

It can't be repealed until 2017 when the next GOP President is sworn in. Plus, we need 60 votes in the senate and only have 56. It's an ideological fight not a real one yet, because we still don't have the power. Also, any Right winger in the GOP like Paul Ryan or an extremeists like Bachmann if they say they can they are trying to control your mind to make you think they can for political reasons and even they know nothing can be done till 2016.
Anybody that tells you what I have said above should run for President because it's honesty and the truth. Calling a spade a spade and they aren't caught up in the washington machine.

From,

John Kasich,

"Kasich doesn't think the Affordable Care Act will be repealed, even if Republicans win a Senate majority and consolidate their hold on the House in next month's election. "That's not gonna happen," Kasich told The Associated Press during a recent re-election campaign swing. "The opposition to it was really either political or ideological," the Republican governor added. "I don't think that holds water against real flesh and blood, and real improvements in people's lives."

Bingo! Fact and honesty that you wont find in Washington. I put it in perspective for all of you guys above. It's not just the left that is playing games with you all. It's the right as well. They each have their own agendas and can't be direct in saying what it is.

Example - Defunding Obama care - Ok, let's say they do that. That means everybody on it will lose their coverage and insurance rates will spike even higher, and what will the GOP replace it with? They haven't even been vocal about a plan they just say repeal it. Even if they had a plan it wouldn't matter because they know and we know Obama will veto anything short of a public option. Full take over. He's proven that. So let's say Obama vetos it. Now the libs have something to run on in 2016 because the GOP fucked everything up by defunding Obamacare and won't work with Obama to replace something that needs immedate replacement.

This is political suicide and will costs us 2016. Miss Hilary WILL be president, and all those GOP gains were for nothing.

Bottom line - Don't listen to Levin, Hannity, Rush, Bachmann, Paul, Rubio, or anybody else that says repeal Obamacare because they can't do it and replace it yet.

When the courts take away subsidies for anyone not buying in state exchanges maobamacare will collapse on its own. Large parts have already been defunded, the the latest being money for the 16,000 IRS agents and the Independent payment advisory board, it the last budget agreement.

Forum List

Back