Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

How do you store the power that people need when the sun isn't available?

Batteries? That's a LOT of batteries, particularly when you consider we may soon be at war with the country that has most of the materials required to make them.

Additionally, our entire power grid works on AC. Batteries only store DC. You lose considerable power when you convert from one to the other, and then back again because most of our devices ultimately work on DC.

There's plenty of lithium in Chile, Peru and Saudi Arabia. KSA is extracting it from Sea water.

Last edited:
What? You don't? WTF is wrong with you?

I DO! I spent a shitload of money on it, so I know how limited it is.

Funny how you don't, yet have the gall to lecture those of us who do.

When idiots decide what kind of solar panel setup they decide to go with, I wouldn't expect much. Maybe you would be better off if this person lectured you.

🌐

Rise
buildwithrise.com › home › do more research › ed begley jr. house tour los angeles

Ed Begley Jr. House Tour Los Angeles

and plenty of slave labor to mine it Surada

and we wonder why they hate us......

~S~

There's no slave labor in Arabia. They pay the highest wages in the region.

Their manufacturing sector has exploded in the past 15 years.

I wonder which fossil fuel industry you either work directly or indirectly for. Solar panels and the electricity they produce are PROVEN science. And there are more ways to store the excess electricity than you can shake a stick at. Either large scale or small scale. Are they expensive? Probably. Just as the fossil fuel industry would like them to be. Also, it takes 1 to 4 years for solar panels to produce the energy it took to create them. That is from mining the materials they are made of to the finished product. And with the energy they put out being free, I don't imagine it would take a hell of a lot longer for them to pay for themselves. So what is that. probably about 10 years max. The last I heard, solar panels can last up to 40 years. So that would mean up to 30 years of absolutely free electricity. Maybe you should bring up some BS about the cost of disposing of them in an environmentally friendly way.

And with the energy they put out being free, I don't imagine it would take a hell of a lot longer for them to pay for themselves. So what is that. probably about 10 years max. The last I heard, solar panels can last up to 40 years. So that would mean up to 30 years of absolutely free electricity.

Free electricity? Hilarious!
Why don't you post some numbers to back up your claim?

Solar has been a success for the homeowner , not the entire community, therein lies the dif.

The recent 'fad' being greased by subsides toward an ROI constitutes marketing appeal

One simply trades pollution one does see, for pollution one does not

There is no 'clean' energy

~S~

Communities can be solar powered just as well as single houses. Feast your eyes on this web site. There are others like it if you care to look.

🌐

Solarpowerauthority
solarpowerauthority.com › solar-communities-in-us

Solar Powered Communities in the US | Solar Power Authority

Also, just how clean do you want anything to be. It only takes some effort to make things cleaner. But that aside, solar is a hell of a lot cleaner than fossil fuels.

And the greenies have government billions behind them.
And armies of brainless fanatics.

What, are you brain damaged or something? The fossil fuel industry practically prints money. And do you think a country like Saudi Arabia became so filthy rich from being "green?"

And with the energy they put out being free, I don't imagine it would take a hell of a lot longer for them to pay for themselves. So what is that. probably about 10 years max. The last I heard, solar panels can last up to 40 years. So that would mean up to 30 years of absolutely free electricity.

Free electricity? Hilarious!
Why don't you post some numbers to back up your claim?

How about I tell you about something that calculates numbers. My calculator. It has a small photovoltaic area on the face of it. All I need to do to make it work is have the light on. You may even have one of those yourself. Solar panels on your house, garage or wherever else you might care to place some work the same way.

How about I tell you about something that calculates numbers. My calculator. It has a small photovoltaic area on the face of it. All I need to do to make it work is have the light on. You may even have one of those yourself. Solar panels on your house, garage or wherever else you might care to place some work the same way.

That's awesome! How much do your solar panels on your house cost?

What, are you brain damaged or something? The fossil fuel industry practically prints money. And do you think a country like Saudi Arabia became so filthy rich from being "green?"

KSA has been using solar since the early 1980s. They have whole villages off grid plus there's Farasan island.

Communities can be solar powered just as well as single houses. Feast your eyes on this web site. There are others like it if you care to look.

🌐
Solarpowerauthority
solarpowerauthority.com › solar-communities-in-us
Solar Powered Communities in the US | Solar Power Authority

Also, just how clean do you want anything to be. It only takes some effort to make things cleaner. But that aside, solar is a hell of a lot cleaner than fossil fuels.
I will consider you well wising and of good heart Lucky

anecdotally , i've been in the trades now 4 decades , when i started all the off griders i hooked up were mostly hippies looking to live off the earth as well as communally

I had no problem w/them, in fact i apualded trheir efforts

Fast forward 40 years and now they've become CEO's of this 'save the planet' shtick that thinks electricity is the answer

So now i'm installing 400A services on single fam residences , which was unheard of back in the day unless one owned a 10,000 sq ft mansion

Everything is 'electric' , the archy's are all over it, the elities are s*cking it up like cream fed kittens, pushing their virtue signaling baloney in anyone's face they can

Meanwhile the poco's i deal with are all over some manner of rolling blackout program, cuz they see the writing on the wall

You see, i do the 'math' with the powers that be for a living. I also talk to them on a regular basis, they're the first to claim it's all good publicly, and all a facade in the trenches where i exist

We are living a LIE lucky

~S~

I wonder which fossil fuel industry you either work directly or indirectly for. Solar panels and the electricity they produce are PROVEN science. And there are more ways to store the excess electricity than you can shake a stick at. Either large scale or small scale. Are they expensive? Probably. Just as the fossil fuel industry would like them to be. Also, it takes 1 to 4 years for solar panels to produce the energy it took to create them. That is from mining the materials they are made of to the finished product. And with the energy they put out being free, I don't imagine it would take a hell of a lot longer for them to pay for themselves. So what is that. probably about 10 years max. The last I heard, solar panels can last up to 40 years. So that would mean up to 30 years of absolutely free electricity. Maybe you should bring up some BS about the cost of disposing of them in an environmentally friendly way.

My what a loud fact/evidence free rant you got and with the usual stupid you must work for them crap, which is another point free statement, meanwhile you COMPLETELY ignored my simple objection to the intermittent power source

You are simply LYING since if it was so awesome it wouldn't require massive subsidies and or tax breaks to get people to power their homes with it, but most people know it isn't worth it which is why there is no run on them nationally.

You write like a child since no one disputes that Solar panels generate some power,

Solar panels and the electricity they produce are PROVEN science.

Then you write a wet juicy lie since Tesla has been selling home storage batteries for years that still can't power a dryer and run the water heater and stove after sun is down and it is EXPENSIVE!

And there are more ways to store the excess electricity than you can shake a stick at. Either large scale or small scale. Are they expensive?

Then he ends with this hilarity since it still doesn't exist:

Maybe you should bring up some BS about the cost of disposing of them in an environmentally friendly way.

Currently Solar Power is good for small applications which there are many and Homesteaders who needs to have lights on at night.

Forum List

Back