Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

Feel free. Cut your access to the grid.

Let us know how that works out for you.
I don't think he's arguing to cut ourselves from the grid. He's arguing to put more and more solar into the grid. And wind and hydro and tidal and nuclear. Of course, that's what's been happening for quite a few years now. The growth of non-emitting energy technologies and the slow fade of fossil fuels is unstoppable. Of course, it should have begun 20 years earlier, but we get what we get. After all, you're not the only idiot running loose here. You'd think the Founding Fathers might have thought to put some sort of mental competency criteria on voting but ohhhhh no.

You mean the folks that can do the math......~S~

If anybody's "math" comes to a different conclusion, then yes. Those people.
Feel free. Cut your access to the grid.

Let us know how that works out for you.

If I had a solar panel array and a storage device for the extra electricity, I would. Neither would I need to tell you how it works out for me. It would work out just fine. And if I had enough solar panels, on top of covering my electricity needs both day and night, I could also sell excess energy to the electric company.

Only idiots argue for solar panels which thus far are complete failures.

Inefficient, weak, expensive, destroying land by the square mile.

Nothing is more destructive to the earth

You are living in a dream world. Solar panels are a huge success. What needs to happen with them is to get them funded by concerns that don't want them to fail. Neither are they destructive to the Earth at all. Fossil fuels are. In a BIG way.

You are living in a dream world. Solar panels are a huge success. What needs to happen with them is to get them funded by concerns that don't want them to fail. Neither are they destructive to the Earth at all. Fossil fuels are. In a BIG way.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You are simply LYING since if it was so awesome it wouldn't require massive subsidies and or tax breaks to get people to power their homes with it, but most people know it isn't worth it which is why there is no run on them nationally.

Thousands of Solar Panels in Texas Destroyed by Hailstorm​

LINK

===

Storm damages world's biggest floating solar plant in Madhya Pradesh​

LINK

It appears you are the latest ill-educated nitwit to show up making unsupported drivel.

If I had a solar panel array and a storage device for the extra electricity, I would. Neither would I need to tell you how it works out for me. It would work out just fine. And if I had enough solar panels, on top of covering my electricity needs both day and night, I could also sell excess energy to the electric company.
and replace batteries and solar panels and do without during low sunlight days. Think.

What? You don't? WTF is wrong with you?

I DO! I spent a shitload of money on it, so I know how limited it is.

Funny how you don't, yet have the gall to lecture those of us who do.

Solar has been a success for the homeowner , not the entire community, therein lies the dif.

The recent 'fad' being greased by subsides toward an ROI constitutes marketing appeal

One simply trades pollution one does see, for pollution one does not

There is no 'clean' energy

~S~

Solar has been a success for the homeowner , not the entire community, therein lies the dif.
That is NOT the line I would have expected. Homeowner solar systems have been the victim of questionable sales and support practices and legislation and regulation designed to protect utility monopolies.
The recent 'fad' being greased by subsides toward an ROI constitutes marketing appeal

~S~
The amount of emissions from the US grid fully powered by fossil fuels absolutely dwarfs the amount produced if fully powered by non-emitting technologies. Nothing is absolutely clean, but some systems are enormously cleaner than other systems. You're parroting disinformation you've been fed by the fossil fuel industry and their shills.

~S~
And it's only a success in a limited way. Net metering was very good for the homeowner. Now that that is being taken away the benefit drops substantially.

I would still keep my system because we have grid outages that can last for days thanks to storms.

I built a large battery bank that will completely power my home for about three days. The solar array to recharge that bank is almost three times the size of a standard home system, because that's what it truly needs.

Battleborn Batteries makes an excellent 270 Amp hour LiFe phosphate battery, but they cost 2500 apiece.

I have 25 of them! That's a ton of cash tied up in batteries!

Last edited:
And it's only a success in a limited way. Net metering was very good for the homeowner. Now that that is being taken away the benefit drops substantially.

I would still keep my system because we have grid outages that can last for days thanks to storms.

I built a large battery bank that will completely power my home for about three days. The solar array to recharge that bank is almost three times the size of a standard home system, because that's what it truly needs.

Battleborn Batteries makes an excellent 270 Amp hour LiFe phosphate battery, but they cost 2500 apiece.

I have 25 of them! That's a ton of cash tied up in batteries!
You could have powered your hourse with a diesel generator including 3 days of fuel for a fraction of that cost. Why did you go with solar and batteries?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You are simply LYING since if it was so awesome it wouldn't require massive subsidies and or tax breaks to get people to power their homes with it, but most people know it isn't worth it which is why there is no run on them nationally.

Thousands of Solar Panels in Texas Destroyed by Hailstorm​

LINK

===

Storm damages world's biggest floating solar plant in Madhya Pradesh​

LINK

It appears you are the latest ill-educated nitwit to show up making unsupported drivel.

I wonder which fossil fuel industry you either work directly or indirectly for. Solar panels and the electricity they produce are PROVEN science. And there are more ways to store the excess electricity than you can shake a stick at. Either large scale or small scale. Are they expensive? Probably. Just as the fossil fuel industry would like them to be. Also, it takes 1 to 4 years for solar panels to produce the energy it took to create them. That is from mining the materials they are made of to the finished product. And with the energy they put out being free, I don't imagine it would take a hell of a lot longer for them to pay for themselves. So what is that. probably about 10 years max. The last I heard, solar panels can last up to 40 years. So that would mean up to 30 years of absolutely free electricity. Maybe you should bring up some BS about the cost of disposing of them in an environmentally friendly way.

Forum List

Back