Electric vehicles close to ‘tipping point’ of mass adoption

You have no idea what you are talking about. The Tesla will most likely win a race to 100, but after that most sedans in that price range pull away from the Tesla.
Then, after half an hour at full speed. The ICE pulls into a gas station, refuels in five, and is on the road again.

Goodbye Mr. Tesla driver. Your ass just got smoked in real world driving conditions cause your sorry ass is still sitting on the charger.
Most EVs have a limit set as to their top speed.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The Tesla will most likely win a race to 100, but after that most sedans in that price range pull away from the Tesla.
Then, after half an hour at full speed. The ICE pulls into a gas station, refuels in five, and is on the road again.

Goodbye Mr. Tesla driver. Your ass just got smoked in real world driving conditions cause your sorry ass is still sitting on the charger.
As usual, you do not know what you are talking about.

You post videos. I race. I know more about the subject than you ever will.
Oh yeah?
Coolio!

You can't drop a tasty tidbit like that and not tell the details....

Inquiring minds want to know.

(My dad did it before he married mom and co-workers of mine also have the bug)

Oh yeah?
Coolio!

You can't drop a tasty tidbit like that and not tell the details....

Inquiring minds want to know.

(My dad did it before he married mom and co-workers of mine also have the bug)

Right now I do vintage racing, the Monterey Classics is my favorite, but I have also done events at Spa, and I also do the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

And I used to race airplanes at Reno. I'm not physically capable of that anymore.

Why the fuck would I want a Tesla? I can't afford one. You can't afford one.
At present. I have only bought two new vehicles in my life. I look for older vehicles that have been maintained well, and buy them at 10 cents on the dollar. And usually drive them another 100,000 to 150,000 miles. When the 4680 batteries become the main battery for Tesla's, the used Tesla's will take a big price drop. And I will be able to afford one.

Usually they just bring a couple of gallons of fuel and no tow. It still costs money but it's a relatively quick fix. Charging a car is a bit more involved.... you can't drag around a charging station and wait 20 minutes with a truck.
There will be tow trucks with very large batteries, and they only have to charge them enough to get to the nearest charging station, just as the gas cars only need enough to get to the nearest service station.

Right now I do vintage racing, the Monterey Classics is my favorite, but I have also done events at Spa, and I also do the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

And I used to race airplanes at Reno. I'm not physically capable of that anymore.
Here in TN we got a lot of dirt track and some street. The politics of it was astounding to me. I've stayed away from doing it. All the work, money and time you have to pour into a car just to have someone intentionally wreck you....no thanks.

At present. I have only bought two new vehicles in my life. I look for older vehicles that have been maintained well, and buy them at 10 cents on the dollar. And usually drive them another 100,000 to 150,000 miles. When the 4680 batteries become the main battery for Tesla's, the used Tesla's will take a big price drop. And I will be able to afford one.
How does 25k sound for a brand new Tesla? :)

Hey dumb fuck, a tow truck can easily pack a 50 kw/hr battery. And 10 kw/hr will more than likely get them to the nearest charger.
That's not enough.
Most EVs have a 3horse DC motor in them. I'm not sure how many batteries. But the voltage from a single portable battery is not going to be able to push enough voltage and amps for everything needed in an EV to get it down the road.

Hey dumb fuck, a tow truck can easily pack a 50 kw/hr battery. And 10 kw/hr will more than likely get them to the nearest charger.
I've been looking at that. My little county on the central Oregon coast has a population of only around 60,000. Granted, we get a lot of weekend traffic from Portland and Salem metro areas where EV's are incredibly popular. But we've got 20 charging stations all within a half hour drive.

Where have you been the last two years? Tesla Roadster in standard dress gets over 600 miles per charge.
You are kidding, right? The Roadster is a $200,000 car! I can get a nice used gas car for just a few thousand dollars. And while 600 miles is great, it still means that you must park and sit there somewhere while charging. And where is all this electricity coming from?

And is faster than any other production car.
Faster? How fast do I need? My gas car already goes well over 100 mph and goes 0-60 in a few seconds. Where am I going to use more than that, on the Autobahn?

And there are over 2000 Tesla supercharing stations in North America.
That amounts to one charging station every 1900 square miles. No way around the fact that batteries are dangerous and fast-charging batteries even more so. EVs haven't been around long enough yet for buyers to yet understand all of the hidden costs. I think it very likely that once most everyone is adopted to EVs and gas cars are mostly defunct, to see new surcharges and other things come out slapping EV users with new, unforeseen expenses, just like the price of diesel soared after diesel cars got popular. That or the general cost of electricity will soar to all users.

Just another case of the government saying GOTCHA, and holding people over a barrel to be milked. What would impress me more would be if EV cars had photoelectric bodies that captured sunlight and helped to maintain themselves.

Forum List

Back